HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Mar 2011
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I so want to see this "held back" information...
Welcome back Sertav, I think.
stablehover is online now Find More Posts by stablehover
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:04 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,175 Posts
Wow. I haven't checked-in for awhile. I see that things are going down the crapper again. I'd hate to be a newcomer trying to sort through the grade-school playground BS on here.

Finally getting around to rebuilding mine after augering it in at top speed during a full-collective, high-banked, FFF circuit while I was up north a few weeks back. I had mentioned that I'd try to shoot some video up there, but that was not to be, as I augered it in on the first evening!

A bunch of us were hanging out at my friend's new RC field. It was a bit late in the evening & the light wasn't the best - but I decided to fly anyway. I did some basic aerobatics & flew a few FFF circuits - each one faster than the last. The light was fading fast. But of course, I had to get in just one more flight - even though I had already lost the bird in the shadows a few times when flying below the treeline.

Famous last words: "Hey guys - watch this!"

I took her up for a balls-to-the-wall FFF circuit - despite the rapidly waning light. Everything was going just fine until I flew below the treeline again at the far end of my circuit. I lost the bird completely in the shadows while flying a full-bore circle at a 60-70 degree bank-angle. I quickly realized that the old tried & true fixed-wing method of following the ship through until it becomes visible again wasn't going to work on a heli during an aggressive, steeply-banked FFF turn. So I hit TH & bailed. The bird went in at high speed with a loud thunk!

The damage is surprisingly light, given the high speed & angle of arrival. Broke the ball on one tail grip & the driveline feels a bit gritty in spots when rotating it with the motor disengaged. The gears look fine, however. Might be a bent TT and/or tailshaft. Also broke the tail fin. Other than that, the bird seems to be fine. Didn't even bend the FS. Must have been doing somewhere between 30-40 MPH when it hit. Tough bird!

Time to break out the magnifier light & tear this puppy down!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Oct 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
ich liebe Rc Hubschrauber
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
You are correct.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
There is a familiar ring to his posts.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
244 Posts
been 89flight with my 130x, unfortunately the pitch servo was gone i am so lucky that i land my heli before it getting more worst, hows that the linear throw servo doest long last, as i am reading all this thread nobody done for any optional replacement about the servos of this 130x
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
been 89flight with my 130x, unfortunately the pitch servo was gone i am so lucky that i land my heli before it getting more worst, hows that the linear throw servo doest long last, as i am reading all this thread nobody done for any optional replacement about the servos of this 130x
Put a DS35 servo in place of the stock.. One guy on HF had 600 flights on his DS35 before it went out. I am using it also and will not go back to the linear servo from HH.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Put a DS35 servo in place of the stock.. One guy on HF had 600 flights on his DS35 before it went out. I am using it also and will not go back to the linear servo from HH.

Bob
I'd love to see Reynaldo's solution for shoehorning a DS35 as a pitch servo in between the frame halves. It has been done, though, with replacing linear servos (all of them) with rotary servos.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:51 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
1,950 Posts
The DS 35 works for the tail easily enough, but not for the pitch (right cyclic)servo. Someone on here has mentioned someone successfully putting the DS35's on for the cyclic, but I haven't seen a link to a build thread on it. It would be interesting to get one and experiment though. Especially if I can get the board and servo combination to work on a trex 250.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...90&postcount=5
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
I'd love to see Reynaldo's solution for shoehorning a DS35 as a pitch servo in between the frame halves. It has been done, though, with replacing linear servos (all of them) with rotary servos.
Any links or photos? I would very much like to see this also.

Bob
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Any links or photos? I would very much like to see this also.

Bob
Link above.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:53 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
244 Posts
nice to see how he puts the mechanics of the DS35 to his 130x but its so unclean, and now i am planning to visit my LHS this sat to ask a micro servos to mine.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Link above.
I saw that link but I thought you were referring to another person who also did this mod but differently.

Bob
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:59 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
1,950 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link.
He's not figured out the elevator servo yet I see. LOL I think I would just put everything into a 250GT frame and call it good.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Oct 2009
221 Posts
Thanks

Like to thank EVERYBODY for their input to my hobby shop testing post.

I will have one run up (above 50%) throttle, and check for tail vibrations.

RUD
RUDDERLESS is offline Find More Posts by RUDDERLESS