Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:23 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster2 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YIOwHURs4-I

I'm still very new to this hobby but I am gonna go out on a limb and guess that this crash cost more than two hundred dollars.
Think I will stick with cheap plastic and twenty dollar repair bills for a while.
Chuck, here is the aftermath of Berts crash not too bad right, tail has a breakaway frame...

Orlando Heli Blowout 12-10-2011 SAB Goblin Bert Kammerer af (0 min 40 sec)

Here is Bert smoking a newport and ragging on Tareg and then as he starts flying all goes quiet, love that! I notice you have to have a Rolex or a Movado in order to be part of the Elite heli club also

Tareq Alsaadi aka "Superman" with the Goblin (5 min 6 sec)

Sorry for all the vids, at least they arent hippie music videos....
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,367 Posts
Speaking of "hippie music videos"
The guitar track in this vid is absolutely amazing. Anybody know who is playing ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:51 AM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,774 Posts
Looking forward to this heli! Love the 300 size...not too big nor too small for my purposes...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:25 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
They could have shaved 25-30 bucks of the price of the heli by not including the Battery Charger. Most folks flying this class of heli would have their own, and prefer their own charger anyways. Another charger that probably won't see the light of day.

That being said, I am looking forward to this one!
animan9 is offline Find More Posts by animan9
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:54 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,229 Posts
Ill just sell it no big thing.... though of course i still I have 4 mcpx chargers that i never really needed either
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:05 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Chuck, here is the aftermath of Berts crash not too bad right, tail has a breakaway frame...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCEh...eature=related

Here is Bert smoking a newport and ragging on Tareg and then as he starts flying all goes quiet, love that! I notice you have to have a Rolex or a Movado in order to be part of the Elite heli club also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYWLq...eature=related

Sorry for all the vids, at least they arent hippie music videos....
Beat this for indoor flying!

Nick Maxwell Protos 500 Indoor (2 min 30 sec)

I am not a fan of the type of flying that Tareq's style of flying at all. Just one mechanical and electronic mishap could have dire consequences if there are people nearby. There is extreme 3D flown at my flying field almost everyday. I just stop flying and find somewhere to hide whenever I see something like that. Once a person was flying extreme 3D near two young children who were oblivious to the danger. I had to warn the mother about this.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:20 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,229 Posts
Everytime i see that video i think two things...AMAZING flying but not the smartest thing to do...

Those things are super dangerous even in a very skilled pilots hands...it always suprises me to see how close some people get to a larger 3d flying heli
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Feb 2012
57 Posts
That kind of 3d flying is amazing. The reflexes, physical and mental dexterity boggles the mind.
I know I'll never get to that level, I just want to be able to maybe loop and roll in an empty field somewhere.
And it does seem a bit scary watching how close and unshielded spectators are.
Has anyone ever been seriously injured at one of those events?

For me the blade 300 will be as much helicopter as I can ever see needing or wanting.
Chuckster2 is offline Find More Posts by Chuckster2
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:59 AM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,683 Posts
Quote:
That kind of 3d flying is amazing. ...<snip>..

For me the blade 300 will be as much helicopter as I can ever see needing or wanting.
That's what they all say!
Alan Hahn is online now Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hahn View Post
That's what they all say!
Lol, I know right?
My wife has already expressed concern.
I found that the best way to deal with her is to make the purchase, then call her on the phone from a safe distance, then hit the bar for a few hours before bringing it home.
Gives her time to cool down and put the guns away.
I may still get a frying pan to the skull but I'll still be breathing.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Quote:
And it does seem a bit scary watching how close and unshielded spectators are.
Has anyone ever been seriously injured at one of those events?

I haven't heard of very serious injuries but there have definitely been injuries. One involved 5 year old Justin Jee crashing his heli near a spectator. The spectator was injured by a thrown off part.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t374049p1/

In a separate incident, Justing Jee's father was reportedly injured by a thrown off heli blade at another event.

http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/main-d...ye-injury.html

"I just heard that Justin Chi's dad, occasional poster on here from USA, was injured as a spectator at a recent US event.
The heli (not Justin's) lost tail control and hit tarmac. A balance weight from the MS composit blades was thrown over 200 feet and smashed the lens of his glasses into his eye, causing soem perminent damage.

The conclusion was that operating over tarmac was a major contributor to the accident - better do 3D over grass where the parts stay in the ground rather than bouncing off. Also the MS composit blade had no safety wire retaining the weight like some blades do (eg radix).

At the same event a photographer was also hit by part of a balance weight from a radix blade (despite the safety wire). This was a minor hand injury. The photographer was on the press line, closer than the spectators.

So fly over grass and wear glasses - preferably safety glasses."
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Feb 2012
57 Posts
Glad no one has been seriously injured to date, the potential is definitely there though.
I would think they would at least put up some chicken wire for spectators to stand behind.
How fast do those hypo seven hundreds get going anyhow?
When the little sr120 bumps your leg it stings a bit.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
This is where I fly and these are examples of what i see all the time. Note that it is illegal to fly there and there is no chance of getting any insurance. Several years ago in a nearby site, a modeler was hit on the back of his head and was paralyzed afterwards.

logo 600 TKO (5 min 10 sec)

logo 600_20110410_tko (3 min 34 sec)
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:00 AM
Watch this!
Ireland
Joined Nov 2011
207 Posts
I hate the way everyone picks on blade for using plastic parts on their helis. Anyone with R/C car experience knows that in some cases, plastic is way better than aluminium because it will break in the event of a crash, saving more expensive parts of the heli. I'ts also really cheap to replace, which is a bonus for someone who has to save up pocket money just to buy replacements for their mSRX.
3DMad5 is offline Find More Posts by 3DMad5
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drev View Post
When are they going to ditch those 2 piece cheapo ugly outdated crappy canopies. Does't matter how many colour schemes they use, they always look the same. Don't you think it's time for something new HH? Drev,
I agree on this.

I'm sure most Blade heli's are pretty good, but the cosmetics is the reason i've stayed well clear.

I fancied a 120sr and mQX but just can't bring myself to buy one as I think they look dirt cheap.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)