HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,470 Posts
At least tail motor aren't too expensive. I broke a skid the other day, first thing besides blades to get broken on mine. They must get weak over time because it broke when I landed on a soft surface.

Oh well, 3 more minutes and I'm finally out from under this awful NOTAM that has been in effect since Saturday! "Minor inconvenience", yeah right, it's ridiculous.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Like the other guys say, it has it's own thread with a lot of info. I have a Helios & I love it. it is much sportier than the v911 and a nice next step. It still has a familiar feel but is heavier, faster & more agile. No flybar strikes either because of the paddles. It seems to be every bit as durable as well. I haven't broken anything on it yet after quite a few crashes. It took me a bit to get used to it & the more I flew it the more I liked it. I loved it even more after dropping in a v911 Rx into it and using my 9x Tx! it really smoothed out the twitchy tail. I don't normally do or care for mods much but I'm definitely glad I did that one.. The price is outstanding just like the v911. Great little helis and they both are my favorites to fly right now...
Did you replace the entire PCB? What is exactly what you did?
Im interested in the heli only if I can use my 9x but at the same time, if replacing the PCB Dont you really using the V911 programming defeating the purpose?

I thought each heli has different programming like Walkeras.
jfdpl686 is offline Find More Posts by jfdpl686
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Today, I broke one of my V911s. In a crash, the helicopter sustained damage to the housing of the tail motor. When I tried to pull it apart to see if I could super glue the part back together, I accidentally stripped the wires from the tail motor...

Glad I have another V911 ready to fly. Just hoping I don't screw that one up...
Yeah, I'd done that a few times, if the cut is not too close to the motor, sometimes I can reattach the severed ends, but more often than not the cut is right at the motor cap .
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:28 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Thanks guys on info on Helios 100 the part where tx9 won't work is a bummer kinda like the MJX F45 had to gut it and start over. I still like V911's but I haven't given up on 9958 still dig it out and thinking about using a v911 pcb on it then maybe it will fly straight. These micro's are fun cheep to repair compared to my larger fleet.. I always thought of micros as things like the S107 but was I wrong. I bet it wont be to long before we see flybarless in a reasonably priced 100 class . I say reasonably priced because my Nine Eagle 180 was more than a cheep 450. I like to fly every day I guess you could say I'm addicted but so be it, there are worse things in life . I cant believe what i been missing with these little guys.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,616 Posts
I dont know what to say!!! :(

OK, I give up - I WILL NOT GET TO TRY THE NEW VERSION V911!!! (for a while at least ... ...)

I have, however, one thing to say for anybody who intends to get this "new version":
DO NOT TRY TO GET THIS VERSION FROM TMART!!!

If incompetence would squeck, those people would have to get their own oil well including a full blown refinery!!!

I ordered this first time on oct.4 and they manage to get it to me from NY in only 7days ... tsssss !!!!
They sent me the wrong version once. I complained at their customer service and they kept asking me for the customs receipt picture/copy (despite the product coming from their US warehouse)
So I put the wrong version up in the classifieds (initial buyer withdrew, its still available!!) and ordered another one. (same exact specifics, NEW version)

Now I ask myself how one person can possibly so stupid - these people are obviously totally inept!!!
Today the "re-order" arrived - and it is the WRONG VERSION AGAIN!!!!

You all know the thing about fool me once ... fool me twice ... and now I have had it. These people just lost a customer!!! One that always wants to try the new stuff (and spends way more money than is good for him ... ...)
BUT, in addition to that, this former customer will report his experience now whenever the opportunity arises!

I am just going to wait until they have the new version at Banggood - it'll be cheaper there anyway - and after this experience I gladly wait a month to get the right stuff on the first try!!!
(and there's Christmas, and Easter and ... ...)

So let this be a lesson to all of you:
DO NOT ... and I repeat: DO NOT at all ... ever ... everevereverever ... buy at tmart- those people are completely incapable!!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Amen to Tmart my package came from China and was relabeled even though they advertised US warehouse. Pure and simple BS Banghergood is slow but you get what you order.(and they admit they are in China or Hong Cong ) Ah yes and let us not forget Feela.com man you got to love these names.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
You think Tmart is bad I bought a Heli on EBay the guy accepted my money and told me he would mail it Monday, then he cancelled refunded my money and said shipping cost were to high and he expected a higher bid. People like that should be banned from selling on EBay.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
221 Posts
Day 2 with my th9x started great. My left stick/throttle issue had gone away with seemingly no changes made by me. It seemed a miracle. Then I fooled around with some settings (on a copied model, mind you) and now it's back and I have no clue what the is causing it still. It even resurfaced on the original model! Perhaps it's just dumb luck, but I got through 3 flights without it.

I did manage to find a throttle curve that I like. I also don't think the fine rudder trim mix thing works. Twisting the knob does nothing for trim. So, I'm still halfway happy with this purchase, but getting pretty fed up, pretty quickly,

I tried most or all of the settings tweaks you guys have given me. Thanks for the help!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I did manage to find a throttle curve that I like. I also don't think the fine rudder trim mix thing works. Twisting the knob does nothing for trim. So, I'm still halfway happy with this purchase, but getting pretty fed up, pretty quickly,

I tried most or all of the settings tweaks you guys have given me. Thanks for the help!
er9x or similar would open a whole new world to you. I didn't like the stock firmware at all. Of course it was my plan to upgrade the firmware all along. The aftermarket firmware is only reason I got the 9x.

With er9x I didn't have to tweak anything except inverting channel 2. I just made a new 4CH model, inverted channel 2 and have been flying ever since. Of course you would have to do some more work if you wanted curves, trim mixing or whatever but that stuff is easy.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
er9x or similar would open a whole new world to you. I didn't like the stock firmware at all. Of course it was my plan to upgrade the firmware all along. The aftermarket firmware is only reason I got the 9x.

With er9x I didn't have to tweak anything except inverting channel 2. I just made a new 4CH model, inverted channel 2 and have been flying ever since. Of course you would have to do some more work if you wanted curves, trim mixing or whatever but that stuff is easy.
I would like to upgrade the firmware, but I really don't want to solder and all that. Is there a solderless way? I wish it was just USB. Lol wishful thinking, I know. I guess I just wish I understood what each setting meant and how it affected the helicopter. I've got to buckle down and read through the manual and see if that helps.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,079 Posts
Quote:
I would like to upgrade the firmware, but I really don't want to solder and all that. Is there a solderless way? I wish it was just USB. Lol wishful thinking, I know. I guess I just wish I understood what each setting meant and how it affected the helicopter. I've got to buckle down and read through the manual and see if that helps.

Here you go...

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=331
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,470 Posts
Quote:
A smartieparts board is the only way to do it without soldering and that will give you a simple USB connection. It can be difficult to get depending on if it's in stock. I guess it's in stock now, I can't tell.

With that said, I'm sure the stock firmware can be made to work with some effort.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
With that said, I'm sure the stock firmware can be made to work with some effort.
Ugh. Effort. I'll check into it! Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Yeah, I'd done that a few times, if the cut is not too close to the motor, sometimes I can reattach the severed ends, but more often than not the cut is right at the motor cap .
Thats exactly what happened. The wires severed right at the motor cap...
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
After three days of back and fourth conversation with TMart support. I managed to get the 30% refund on the V911 for their screw up of sending me the "old" one instead of the "new" one.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade