HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Jul 2011
33 Posts
Hey I just wanted to say that I am super impressed with the customer service at Twisted Hobbies. I had an issue with an RC Factory kit that I purchased from them and these guys bent over backwards to help me out. They were very responsive and even responded to an e-mail that I sent at 7:30 at night within 2 hours!

These guys are top notch. I would recommend buying from them, you just can't go wrong. Nice job guys, you have earned a long term customer.

Thanks again!
Greg Webster
Belly Gunner is offline Find More Posts by Belly Gunner
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:25 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post

Which one is shunyata in this picture?

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:54 AM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
A week or so ago two of you were kind enough to guide me re: set up on my 32” Sbach…

I’m happy to report that (after a miserable period of weather here in the UK) I finally managed to get out and setup the plane properly, and your advice was bang on! I suspect the CG is not quite at it’s final position (I need more practise at hovering and further experimentation with the rate and expo settings to fully harmonize the controls), but it’s now pretty much hands off inverted. It also exhibits none of the “climb under throttle, nosedive when shut” characteristics of before. Frankly it’s brilliant (but you guys all know that already)!

As a dyed in the wool glider guider I’ll happily admit I’d dismissed profile foamies til now; how wrong I was . In calm conditions this is the most finely controllable form of flying I’ve ever done – I’m guessing that once you’re good enough flying one of these things through a 3D routine is similar to the feeling cats have when they’re playing with a mouse! Just goes to show you should always experiment in with different forms of the hobby, otherwise you might never know what you’re missing…
Sweet!

Sometimes I think of the plane as a piece of sporting equipment. You toss it in the air and hopefully it does what you want it to.

Charles
ccpdx is offline Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Which one is shunyata in this picture?

According to the ladies, Phil is a shark.
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:13 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Haha. Dat funny right there.

After two divorces, and looking at my financials, I was clearly the bait! lol
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
As promised here are some pics of our new Crack-Series Pitts Biplane. Sorry about photo quality, the pictures don't do the printing justice. Pretty excited for this release since a lot of hard work from multiple teams went into developing this bird the results are truly stellar. Should have these bad boys and all details available for you guys very soon.
ohh nice Brad...
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:21 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Haha. Dat funny right there.

After two divorces, and looking at my financials, I was clearly the bait! lol
Ha ha ha.... LMAO
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:36 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,229 Posts
Its looking like the weather is going to be my friend today. Now all I can do is hope that all the soccer / flying fields are not crowded. It is a saturday so I might just be wasting my time driving out there. You'd think they built all those fields just for people to play soccer on. Oh well, got the last of the battery packs on charge.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
tom, same problem here. We just hover over their head until they leave. lol
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
or fly small foamies... so even if you deadstick into someone, he wouldnt have to go to hospital lol...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:38 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,058 Posts
That's what's so great about these planes, even with 3 soccer games going on I can find my little corner to fly. Doesn't take much, I could never fly any of my other lands in such a small area.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,229 Posts
Yes the soccer fields were packed so I went to a small baseball diamond upon the hill by Wal-Mart. Empty. Flew the first battery on the Edge then switched to the CY. The wind wasn't too bad. Maybe 5-10 mph. Bad enough for a rookie like me. Mostly I just practiced rudder turns. Then got brave and started doing loops, inverted and harriers. After the wind picked up a little I almost had it floating into the wind. So cool. I did manage to do a little damage to the nose of each plane but nothing to worry about. A little glue and I'm ready to go again tomorrow. After I used all 4 of my packs I had no choice but go home. Gonna buy more batteries today.

Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
.....Gonna buy more batteries today.
Tom
My therapist prescribes an Extra Slick and eight batteries, QD.

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,229 Posts
Well just went to the TH site and got me a few more batteries and a few more things that I really needed. You know how it is. Can always use a few extra props or another set of landing gear. I'll use it on something sooner or later. And of course a few pieces of carbon fiber rod. Just the necessities.

Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:31 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
My therapist prescribes an Extra Slick and eight batteries, QD.

I like your thinking. Might be just what the Dr ordered.. 👍👍
wjb111 is offline Find More Posts by wjb111