HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:37 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdone View Post
Here is a easy one... 2 pins coming from my DL rx and 3 pins going into my rvosdv5. How do I hook it up?
On the DL, Ground on the outside pin on the RVOSD. Signal wire on the DL to the INSIDE pin on the RVOSD. Leave the middle pin on the OSD open.

I took a servo lead and cut off one end and soldered on a JST plug. Plugged the JST on to the DL and put the three wire servo end on the OSD with the center wire cut off (because your only using the two outside pins on the OSD).
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:10 AM
Spain
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
It's from another user, not bought directly.
If I can change the wapoints number and coordinates, does mean it's unlocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps View Post
Do you live in the US, if you don't WP sequencer is disabled.
datyip is offline Find More Posts by datyip
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:21 AM
Le Havre, FRANCE
Joined Feb 2007
1,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by datyip View Post
It's from another user, not bought directly.
If I can change the wapoints number and coordinates, does mean it's unlocked?
Yes.
lrrps is offline Find More Posts by lrrps
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:45 AM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,061 Posts
Can someone explain exactly what Fly By Wire does? How is it different from level flight?
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:56 PM
I love the smell of elapor....
Setauket, New York
Joined Oct 2009
304 Posts
Question. can you use the RVOSD with just video in and video out connected (ie no current sensor and no aux power hooked up)???? basically i want to use an old, crashed, but good working V3 on an existing setu and not redo all the wiring. so i would insert the rvosd into the existing line of Video/Power/Ground wire that hooks up to the camera....in other words the rvosd is getting power from the video in port.... will this work and not fry the board?
MaximumBob is offline Find More Posts by MaximumBob
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:52 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
I only have one 3 way switch on my TH9X. But it seems it's not assigned to any channels. Does this mean I'm SOL as far as using Autopilot and screen change switch?
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:20 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Can someone explain exactly what Fly By Wire does? How is it different from level flight?
-Level flight, the autopilot will keep the plane flying leveled by using aileron and elevator channel outputs. The pilot does have manual control of rudder and throttle.
-Fly by wire, the autopilot will check inputs from the pilot. Ailerons and elevator sticks centered will cause the autopilot to keep zero degrees attitude for both pitch and roll. sticks positions from center to extreme positions will cause the autopilot to set from zero to "max roll/pitch angle" attitudes. Basically the autopilot will make sure the airplane stays on a fixed attitude, while you manually command the desired attitude. This, instead of direct command to control surfaces on manual mode.

Quote:
Question. can you use the RVOSD with just video in and video out connected (ie no current sensor and no aux power hooked up)???? basically i want to use an old, crashed, but good working V3 on an existing setu and not redo all the wiring. so i would insert the rvosd into the existing line of Video/Power/Ground wire that hooks up to the camera....in other words the rvosd is getting power from the video in port.... will this work and not fry the board?
I think is better if you use the basic configuration of RVOSD used like OSD only. Connect:
-Camera to video input
-Vtx to video output
-Battery to main or aux battery input.

Quote:
I only have one 3 way switch on my TH9X. But it seems it's not assigned to any channels. Does this mean I'm SOL as far as using Autopilot and screen change switch?
On this case you can assign a linear control to the auxiliary channel, by moving the control from center to one side and back to center fast you can switch screens. Doing the same to the other side you can enable/disable autopilot modes.
I think is also possible to mix two toggle switches.
What I did to mine was to open the TH9X and solder a ON-MOM-ON switch to one of the potentiometers. Then removed the rudder D/R switch and installed this one instead. If you keep the potentiometer on the middle then you can have a three way switch.
Elcheapo is offline Find More Posts by Elcheapo
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheapo View Post
-Level flight, the autopilot will keep the plane flying leveled by using aileron and elevator channel outputs. The pilot does have manual control of rudder and throttle.
-Fly by wire, the autopilot will check inputs from the pilot. Ailerons and elevator sticks centered will cause the autopilot to keep zero degrees attitude for both pitch and roll. sticks positions from center to extreme positions will cause the autopilot to set from zero to "max roll/pitch angle" attitudes. Basically the autopilot will make sure the airplane stays on a fixed attitude, while you manually command the desired attitude. This, instead of direct command to control surfaces on manual mode.

I think is better if you use the basic configuration of RVOSD used like OSD only. Connect:
-Camera to video input
-Vtx to video output
-Battery to main or aux battery input.

On this case you can assign a linear control to the auxiliary channel, by moving the control from center to one side and back to center fast you can switch screens. Doing the same to the other side you can enable/disable autopilot modes.
I think is also possible to mix two toggle switches.
What I did to mine was to open the TH9X and solder a ON-MOM-ON switch to one of the potentiometers. Then removed the rudder D/R switch and installed this one instead. If you keep the potentiometer on the middle then you can have a three way switch.
Awesome thanks for the response. Will the autopilot be okay with a wing (elevons) set up?

I'd rather not open up my transmitter and nom nom nom on anything lol. If you could explain to me one more time how I can go about using my TH9X to control the auxiliary channel on the RVOSD. That would help as I am a touch lost.

I will go into the radio and look into mixing. Perhaps I can spoof the 3 way aux switch to a channel that the receiver will pick up. I am getting a dragonlink Monday. But I'd imagine it will be the same channel set up so I want to know so it will be easier to set up on the DL receiver. I hope hooking up the DL to this osd isn't tough
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:39 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,061 Posts
[QUOTE=Elcheapo;19602410]-Level flight, the autopilot will keep the plane flying leveled by using aileron and elevator channel outputs. The pilot does have manual control of rudder and throttle.

So FBW will allow you to set attitude and the plane will fly on that fixed attitude based on where you set it with the sticks after centered? In what instance would you want to fly this way? Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:19 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
So FBW will allow you to set attitude and the plane will fly on that fixed attitude based on where you set it with the sticks after centered? In what instance would you want to fly this way? Thanks for your help.
The plane is in auto pilot but you still have control with the sticks if you want. Lets say your flying and want to adj your ground station or maybe your dog jumped out of the bed of your truck and is hanging himself with the leash (true story), you can flip on FBW if you need to give up control for a few sec.

Also filming HD in the wind, FBW gives you a much better video. Less shaking.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
The plane is in auto pilot but you still have control with the sticks if you want. Lets say your flying and want to adj your ground station or maybe your dog jumped out of the bed of your truck and is hanging himself with the leash (true story), you can flip on FBW if you need to give up control for a few sec.

Also filming HD in the wind, FBW gives you a much better video. Less shaking.
That's so cool. And say in an emergency can you shut your transmitter off and my wing will RTH?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Anyone flying with a stock fly sky TH9X? And if so how did you get your auxiliary 3 switch working? I hooked up a servo to each channel and moved the 3 way switch but It's not assigned to a channel. There is "progressive mixing" option. But not too clear on what I should do there. If anyone could help me with a solution I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:37 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Pants View Post
That's so cool. And say in an emergency can you shut your transmitter off and my wing will RTH?
Yes, if you have things set up correctly.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:40 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,061 Posts
Haha, thanks for the vivid explanation. Your dog probably is happy you have the OSD. How often is the FBW, Level Flight, or RTH used? Every time you fly? Just trying to determine if purchasing a RVOSD will improve my experience.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
Haha, thanks for the vivid explanation. Your dog probably is happy you have the OSD. How often is the FBW, Level Flight, or RTH used? Every time you fly? Just trying to determine if purchasing a RVOSD will improve my experience.
I use FBW alllllll the time. RTH when I'm lazy or when things go wrong. RVOSD is worth every penny unless you have a junk ship that you aren't worried about crashing or having fly away.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA