HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
I used the ones the plane comes with and they work fine.
I wish i had those but i got the plane second hand. I also don't have the black screw to bolt the motor up to the firewall.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:07 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Can someone who is using a motrofly motor give me the length of the spacers needed?

I'm thinking i need 17-18 millimeters....next problem is where to get some or what to make them from.
I put the hacker from my 51 in the bipe and the motrolfly in the slick so no spacers needed but I found spacers at orchard supply for the slick and bolts are m4 metric.
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:31 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
I put the hacker from my 51 in the bipe and the motrolfly in the slick so no spacers needed but I found spacers at orchard supply for the slick and bolts are m4 metric.
Thank you! I'm hoping to have this thing flying just after the new year. Just waiting on batteries and servos to come in the mail.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:01 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Thank you! I'm hoping to have this thing flying just after the new year. Just waiting on batteries and servos to come in the mail.
If you need some of the spacers let me know, they are just small 1/4" long ones. I have plenty of extras. Happy to send 'em to you if needed. Just shoot me a PM with your address if you want them.

Is your Motrolfly lightened, or not? That might change the spacer length.
On my 51" Slick I have a non-lightened 3615 mounted direct to the firewall. Cowl overlap is a bit more than usual, it would have been best probably with at least an 1/8" of spacer if not 1/4.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:55 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
If you need some of the spacers let me know, they are just small 1/4" long ones. I have plenty of extras. Happy to send 'em to you if needed. Just shoot me a PM with your address if you want them.

Is your Motrolfly lightened, or not? That might change the spacer length.
On my 51" Slick I have a non-lightened 3615 mounted direct to the firewall. Cowl overlap is a bit more than usual, it would have been best probably with at least an 1/8" of spacer if not 1/4.
Thanks for the offer dude but i already got that situation handled. I really appreciate when people are willing to help out that's awesome.

I do have the lightened mount on my motor, on my 51'' Slick i used the white spacers that came with the plane and it worked great.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
United States, NC, Rutherfordton
Joined Jan 2002
1,055 Posts
My Byper is ready for her maiden!
M.Putnam is online now Find More Posts by M.Putnam
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
1,958 Posts
So, where are the finished pictures?

Freddy
Fredriksson is online now Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:14 AM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
Joined Jan 2002
1,055 Posts
Waiting for better weather...Calling for 20-30mph winds today!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:15 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
Joined Jan 2002
1,055 Posts
Finally got the maiden flights in!

Still a bit breezy, but I managed to get 3 flights in today. I really need some calmer weather to get the mixes right but so far I am impressed with the performance. I didn't do anything crazy, but a few things i noticed.

1. Climbing upright flat spin. Very easy to get into and it is super tight! Reminds me of my old Tiburon Bipe foamy.

2. Upright harriers were a breeze. I was afraid it would be roll sensitive. Not the case. Very locked in feel.

3. Landings are super easy. Line it up and fly it down with throttle.

4. Rudder is super effective. Can't wait to try some knifedge loops.

I hope there are plans for a larger version. Something you could fly with 6s packs maybe?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:19 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
and it would cost around 450-600 for a 60" wing bipe... i dont think many people would buy it...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:23 PM
doh!
Joined May 2006
4,011 Posts
I would buy one that took around the same equipment as the 60" planes. 4s4000 or better yet 6s3000 ish packs, hs-5245 sized servos, etc. Something in the 5-6lb range. I imagine the wingspan would be closer to 50-55" than 60 though.
Though then it would be harder to transport with the wings on... and taking them off isn't the easiest thing in the world.
Last edited by ryan_m; Dec 31, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:49 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
Joined Jan 2002
1,055 Posts
Just so few 3d capable biplanes available, especially in the 6s size range. I would be okay with something in the $450-$550.00 range.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:43 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,895 Posts
As posted in the "Fly Low" thread....

So.... I got to fly today on what was an absolutely gorgeous day, and took my Buck Huck 1.5, my 55" Edge, which I hadn't flown for a long time, and my brand new, never flown "Byper" Flew the first two just to get warmed up, and said, OK...time for the Byper. Range checked it, checked all controls moving the same proper direction, and took it out to fly. Took off, but didn't realize I had my elevator was on high rate, and it was way too pitch sensitive. And....while I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that I had done the control set-up, evidently, I had not, as, not only was it way too pitch sensitive, the ailerons were beyond touchy!!! I was trying to get the plane down, but it I just couldn't get it lined up with the runway, and it actually went over my head twice. I got it turned around and headed downwind, but I just couldn't control it, and the last I saw, it was headed down about 1/4-3/8 mile away (it was just a dot in the sky) into some Cherry orchards past the big trees at the end of our field. As I new I wasn't going to be able to fly it back, I chopped the throttle and pulled full up elevator.

My buddy and I got in my Chevy HHR, and after asking the people that run the orchard if we could go look, we went up and down the rows. Now, we have had a lot of rain lately, and I was basically "4-wheeling" it. But.....low and behold my buddy yells Stop!!! back up!!.....and I did...and there it was about four rows over... Of course, I figured the worse....My Buddy jumps out and heads towards the plane, and says...Oh My God...It doesn't have a scratch on it!!!! There was a little smear of mud on the left wing tips, one little bit on the upper right, and a little on the spinner...other than that, it is perfect!!!!! The picture of it sitting in the orchard is exactly where it was when he found it, and we got to it!!! The trees in the rows are only about 15 feet apart, so I have no idea how it came down without hitting a branch....

So...it's definitely a free plane!!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Apr 04, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:47 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,895 Posts
And.....am I the only one that thinks there is not a whole lot of support for the battery in this plane? I am running a Thunder Power 4S 45C 2700mAH pack in it, and it sure seems like there is no support at all at the front of the battery, it is basically flopping around in there.
And, I don't know about the rest of you, but with my big hands strapping the pack down is not the easiest thing either!!

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:59 AM
doh!
Joined May 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
And.....am I the only one that thinks there is not a whole lot of support for the battery in this plane? I am running a Thunder Power 4S 45C 2700mAH pack in it, and it sure seems like there is no support at all at the front of the battery, it is basically flopping around in there.
And, I don't know about the rest of you, but with my big hands strapping the pack down is not the easiest thing either!!

SteveT
I wouldn't worry much on the support... I'm running the same battery and have done lots of hard tumbles, knife edge spins, etc and it has held up fine.
Totally agree on the battery strapping down though! It actually keeps me from flying it as often as I otherwise might. And is part of why I would like a ~55" one...