SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 07, 2015, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by Jacksmobile
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Aug 2004
236 Posts
Unfortunately with the Habu your gonna have to be specific maybe I can look it up on line
Jacksmobile is offline Find More Posts by Jacksmobile
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2015, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2004
236 Posts
Ok the website says 25 grams but that can also vary either way I checked HK for the weight of the nano 300 and it says 17 when in fact my gram scale says 15 so let's assume your over by 10 grams that's quite a bit of weight a dime weighs almost 2.5 grams so that's 4 dimes to ad at the back of the wing or maybe 2 taped at the beginning of the rear elevators or about equal distance back behind the balance point as your battery is forward of the balance point remember the further you go behind the balance point the less weight you will need to balance your Habu
Old Apr 07, 2015, 06:56 PM
Joined Aug 2004
236 Posts
Question for you- is the nose still in tact or is it full of epoxy or super glue from accidental crashes
Old Apr 07, 2015, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by rccraze
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Jul 2012
249 Posts
Nose is pretty much in tact. Just a little bit of CA today. Now with all this extra weight of battery and weights in the back, it may all defeat the purpose of using TP 325 70C which is supposed to give me an extra punch over Nano-techs! BatterBat has the lighter version, but I believe that is still 22 gms. I need to check the CG how far forward it is compared to recommended or with Nano-techs.
rccraze is offline Find More Posts by rccraze
Old Apr 07, 2015, 08:28 PM
Joined Aug 2004
236 Posts
Now your thinking like a pilot, I am doing some testing on my Habu with the epp nose and the HK nano 300 all up weight 87 grams she flies great but what I'm looking into is kind of like porting heads on a race engine no new eng or larger batteries but better breathing thru the inlets there's lots of extra foam in there and I'm going to find out the results in the morning if your interested in what I am doing with the mini Habu check out my research or just search RC Groups for Mini Habu Repair kit in electric Jets I just added a picture of a friend of mines Habu - John full Epp nose with foam coating to make the epp look like the Habu foam and paint and laminated it's practically indestructable they are very popular in our area (Florida)
And his will also come in at about 85-87 grams w/ nano 300 there's a big need for this kit for the kids that aren't perfect at flying this little bugger I'm almost at 300 flights with mine and I just want to see just how much further she'll go
Old Apr 07, 2015, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
John 20:1-18
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,825 Posts
A much better bet would be to hit up BabbelBatts for some Hyperion 2S UMX-ready 330mAh batteries. They're killer batteries, really haul the mail, and they'll let you get the CG spot on.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Apr 07, 2015, 08:39 PM
Joined Aug 2004
236 Posts
Bhoov128 your absolutely right if she's still in one piece
Old Apr 07, 2015, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by rccraze
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Jul 2012
249 Posts
Habu flies great with stock batteries as well as with Nano-techs. I am sure Babblebats Hyperion 3S would be even more fun! The Habu fuselage is quite strong, and I don't see any reason for it not to be in one piece unless off-course you start doing things you are not ready for.
rccraze is offline Find More Posts by rccraze
Old Apr 07, 2015, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
John 20:1-18
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,825 Posts
Give it a shot with some 240 hyp 3S
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Apr 07, 2015, 09:08 PM
Joined Aug 2004
236 Posts
Where we fly it's crowded have u ever seen a Habu compete for the same airspace as a prop plane it's not pretty.... but repairable !!!
Old Apr 07, 2015, 09:11 PM
Joined Aug 2004
236 Posts
We even had a bird strike both survived without incident