HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2010, 07:52 AM
south east england
Joined Feb 2009
50 Posts
:-) yep i'm blind!!!
cheers renatoa for pointing me in the right direction!!
jawa31 is offline Find More Posts by jawa31
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:10 PM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
820 Posts
9 channel corona rssi

I have the new 9 channel corona that does not have the jumper. However, I still think that pins 5 and 9 are the RSSI because the voltage changes from 1.67 volts to .68 volts when I turn off my tx. I'll try it and see.
BloomingtonFPV is offline Find More Posts by BloomingtonFPV
Old Apr 19, 2010, 02:51 PM
Happy FPV pilot
Italy
Joined Feb 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masam54 View Post
On my RP8D1 I have 2.11/0.77 and works fine
I've got the RSSI pin for Corona RP8D1 as well described in some post before but I get only a small range 0.9V with TX off and 1.7V with TX on near the RX.

Seems to me pretty small ....hope it will be OK for remzibi OSD

Luciano
lucianozan is offline Find More Posts by lucianozan
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:38 PM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianozan View Post
I've got the RSSI pin for Corona RP8D1 as well described in some post before but I get only a small range 0.9V with TX off and 1.7V with TX on near the RX.

Seems to me pretty small ....hope it will be OK for remzibi OSD

Luciano
The ATMega chip has 10 bit a/d converters, which gives you almost 200 steps for the range you are talking about. If you go from 0-100% you still have twice as many steps than percentage values, so you should be fine.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:59 AM
Happy FPV pilot
Italy
Joined Feb 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomingtonFPV View Post
The ATMega chip has 10 bit a/d converters, which gives you almost 200 steps for the range you are talking about. If you go from 0-100% you still have twice as many steps than percentage values, so you should be fine.
I'll add an ADC input (resistor, capacity and coil) to my remzibi OSD and I'll try.

Thanks for your info!
Last edited by lucianozan; Apr 20, 2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:49 AM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianozan View Post
I'll add an ADC input (resistor, capacity and coil) to my remzibi OSD and I'll try.

Thanks for your info!
Keep in mind that your receiver may failsafe before it gets to zero. Test it on the ground first. Mine goes from 100% with the transmitter right next to it, to 0% with it off (calibrated through Happy's software). However, I have it set to flashing below 40% and it goes into failsafe if the numbers get below 20%. I actually have my failsafe turned off; it just doesn't do anything (except turn off my Ativa video camera, which is an annoying feature I can't debug).
Old Apr 22, 2010, 01:08 PM
Delray Beach
Joined Aug 2004
175 Posts
Hello.

Located the RSSI 129DP , trying to connect at the EZOSD , but realyzed the RSSI is NEGATIVE .
How can I connect it at the EZOSD ANA spots ??

Tks.
FRED
RCTECH
asaloca is offline Find More Posts by asaloca
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:18 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaloca View Post
Hello.

Located the RSSI 129DP , trying to connect at the EZOSD , but realyzed the RSSI is NEGATIVE .
How can I connect it at the EZOSD ANA spots ??

Tks.
FRED
RCTECH
I would build an inverse scaling controller, as per another project (replace 12 volt with Rx voltage):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...build+your+own

I'd love to hear other methods to solve this.
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:47 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,356 Posts
Here's the RSSI pin for the Hitec Supreme IIS 8 channel receiver.

100% Signal = 0.680 volts
0% Signal = 0.150 volts

Not much range in voltage but my RVOSD seemed to provide a good bit of resolution between full and no signal. In the second picture, I sacrificed the 8th channel to turn it into an RSSI output, by cutting the servo out PCB trace going to the 3 pin servo connector and then running a 100K ohm 1/8 watt resistor to it instead.

Thanks very much Renatoa for providing the RSSI pins to commonly used receiver chips!
patricklupo is online now Find More Posts by patricklupo
Last edited by patricklupo; Apr 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 04:41 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,020 Posts
Hmmm... not sure you guessed the right location.
Can you try the pin 7 of the upper chip ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:43 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,356 Posts
Hi Renatoa,

The upper right chip is a 31136 and that single vertical trace on the PCB comes off pin 12 and into the circled SMT capacator. It looks like the trace goes under the cap but it veers off and connects to the left side. I just finished a range test today and the RSSI out to my RVOSD is working like a charm with no noticable decrease in range from a previous test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Hmmm... not sure you guessed the right location.
Can you try the pin 7 of the upper chip ?
patricklupo is online now Find More Posts by patricklupo
Old Apr 25, 2010, 09:11 AM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Hi All,

Just posting this short clip in a hope that someone can confirm that the 'RSSI' readings being displayed seem to be what you would expect to see. The receiver is a RP8D1 and feeding RSSI into an ET logger. I have set up the temp port as per ET instruction so the 0 - 100 is Tx off and full strength Tx, I set my alarm to trigger at 50% (sounded good at the time). The Tx is a JR X2720 on stock NiCad. I'm not using the 10K resistor, its direct off the RSSI pin. The Rx antenna is up to 1/4 wave (1.97m for 36Mhz). At the 1 km mark when the alarm sounded, I lifted the Rx antenna vertical.

Do the guy's that have played with this a lot, see the levels seen here as normal? Does the relative pin voltage of 50% at 1km 'seem' normal? Does anyone know 'roughly' at what % of RSSI pin voltage you would expect to see some servo jittering?

I'm just wondering if things are good, or if I need to knock out some RF noise. I would have expected to get a bit further out before I got down to 50% of the pin voltage. Has anyone got some similar comparison that they could gauge this with?

Thanks guys.

http://www.vimeo.com/11206829
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:11 PM
Just an earthbound misfit, I
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Sep 2009
156 Posts
Futaba R608FS and R6008HS

I found this image at a Russian R/C forum (here: http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f90/thread1...ml#post1803437)

Name: Futaba%20R608FS_HS.jpg
Views: 706
Size: 110.8 KB
Description: From RC Форум

And I gave it a try. The pin selection is a header between the two boards, so I used the other side for convienence sake. I read 560 mV max and 145 mV min. I hope RVOSD can calibrate to such a small swing.

Name: IMG_0002s.jpg
Views: 748
Size: 108.4 KB
Description: Easy to find... soldering is not so bad. Name: IMG_0003s.jpg
Views: 622
Size: 102.8 KB
Description: Ground is easy-peasy. Name: IMG_0006s.jpg
Views: 631
Size: 88.7 KB
Description: Give the chip a break. Name: IMG_0007s.jpg
Views: 487
Size: 107.3 KB
Description: Make it safe. Name: IMG_0008s.jpg
Views: 523
Size: 70.4 KB
Description: Make a hole! Name: IMG_0009s.jpg
Views: 511
Size: 99.3 KB
Description: Stress relief. Name: IMG_0010s.jpg
Views: 499
Size: 102.6 KB
Description: Crimper anyone? Name: IMG_0012s.jpg
Views: 620
Size: 130.6 KB
Description: OK, that's just OCD, dude.

Cheers.

Jeff
Freedom35 is offline Find More Posts by Freedom35
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:13 PM
Happy FPV pilot
Italy
Joined Feb 2009
148 Posts
I've added RSSI PIN on my Corona RP8D1 with a 10K resistor (see photo) but I'm not able to use it on remzibi OSD. It is not a remzibi OSD problem. When I switch the TX on I get a RSSI voltage jumping between 1.15 - 1.20 when I switch off TX the voltage is jumping between 0.94 - 0.97.

I added an ADC input to remzibi OSD (ADC2) calibrated with happy's sw and tried some FPV flights with RSSI indicator but the difference between max and min is really small and continuosly jumping so the data displayed is not stable and really not usefull.

I must say that I've done a lot of configuration job on this Corona in order to set the fail safe ON (it's really difficult to guess the right sequence). Now fail safe is working but it's really difficult to sync the RX on the TX frequency: you have to try a lot of time before the RX get the right freq.

I wonder if I'm using the right pin, if I've done everything right or if the RX is not working properly....

Any suggestion?

Luciano