Old Jun 09, 2015, 12:05 AM
Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Eagle Butte User
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
4,147 Posts
Discussion
IDS - Integrated Drive System

This drive system caught my attention. Any experience out there with IDS and if so, how do you like it? Any pics showing how the horns are installed in the aileron/flap?

http://www.servorahmen.de/index.php?id=112

Regards,
Vic
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:56 AM
Find More Posts by GER2387
Markdorf, Germany
Joined Oct 2007
19 Posts
Vic,
I am very happy with this LDS system in my all new Cyclone F3J ship with Futaba S 3174SV. Reliable and low weight. IDS is just a another word for LDS but mainly the same. You may purchase them from Servorahmen.de directly or from skipmillermodels.com. Skip Miller is the Servorahmen Distributor USA. More informations on the German (sorry) page http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...ervorahmen-IDS.
Stephan
GER2387 is offline Find More Posts by GER2387
Old Jun 10, 2015, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by TomFlyer
United States, OR, Tualatin
Joined Apr 2005
2,975 Posts
Vic: This is similar to what Doug Boyd has developed and is producing on his CNC equipment. Doug's system is milled out of aluminum, uses an external bearing on the output shaft with a servo output arm that allows 160 (+/-) degrees of servo shaft rotation because of the design of his aluminum servo arm. It that looks more like a crank shaft for the off-set rotation pin that connects the rod eye to the servo arm. Doug's are made for MKS 6125 wing servos.
Tom
TomFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TomFlyer
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:21 PM
Find More Posts by Bare
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
8,016 Posts
Curious setup/gizmo.
Does seem more than a bit odd that the Moment arm on servo is same if not arguably larger than that of the flapper.
A Reverse lever ??

Doesn't this place a LOT more reliance on both the Accuracy And Power of the servo ?
Seems IMO as 2 steps forward and 3 steps backwards.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Jun 13, 2015, 02:22 AM
Find More Posts by Aaro
Finland, Central Finland, JKL
Joined Jul 2014
12 Posts
Hi,

I have "semi-installed" two Servorahmen's IDS sets to my Xplorers's flaps. In these I did not use the IDS-horn (on flap side) but all the other parts. The result is very good (rigid and precise).

I'm now building a completely new X to which I will install the complete systems to whole wing.

Aaro
Aaro is offline Find More Posts by Aaro
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by windsinface
United States, KS, Hays
Joined Jan 2007
126 Posts
Just got a new rotmilian f3f, it has roller drives or an IDS type system. I Need a set for KST servos . Any idea of who makes them? On the rotmilian and midi build they list them but no one has replied to e-mail .the roller type is somewhat different and look like tight install.
windsinface is offline Find More Posts by windsinface
Old Jun 15, 2015, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by mrfski
Martin
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined May 2005
361 Posts
Talk to Aloft Hobbies they carry KST servos
mrfski is offline Find More Posts by mrfski
Old Jun 17, 2015, 04:17 PM
Bro
Find More Posts by Bro
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,972 Posts
Ids

Howdy,
We have these sets in stock for JR, and MKS.
Not on site, but give us a call...
626 967-6660
Best,
Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2015
Old Jun 20, 2015, 05:38 AM
Find More Posts by Aaro
Finland, Central Finland, JKL
Joined Jul 2014
12 Posts
Hi,

Almost ready with a complete IDS installation. Allthough the installation is finally quite clean, I was not happy with slight differences in paint shades... So I decided to hide the "corrupted" area Pictures show the flap linkage. There was no need to make any gaps to wing surface with the ailerons.

Here is a short video showing the aileron mechanism (before paint job): https://mega.co.nz/#!aFBhnRTB!053dtY...pCb2Uz8eWgYnCg

Aaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaro View Post
I'm now building a completely new X to which I will install the complete systems to whole wing.

Aaro
Aaro is offline Find More Posts by Aaro
Last edited by Aaro; Jun 20, 2015 at 01:42 PM.