New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2015, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by HauntingtonHotl
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined May 2015
1 Posts
Question
Swapping out stock throttle for slide pot?

Hey everyone! I just picked up a FlySky FS-GT2B 3Ch Tx & Rx (http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-fsgt2b-2ch-car.html), and while I wait for it to arrive, I was hoping someone could give me a little guidance.

I'm basically looking ditch the external shell of the Tx and put everthing into a project box. The main pupose of this is that I wan to swap out to trigger-based throttle of the Tx with a Slide Potentiometer. It's been a while since I've done anything with electronics, so I'm a little rusty. I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a Slide Pot, since I know there is quite the variety out there. I'm looking for a large travel distance, but what I don't know is whether any sliding pot will work or if there are different kinds that do different things, and which I would need...

I was thinking something like this might work: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9119

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
HauntingtonHotl is offline Find More Posts by HauntingtonHotl
Last edited by HauntingtonHotl; May 14, 2015 at 10:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2015, 03:06 AM
Find More Posts by renatoa
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
17,589 Posts
http://www.alofthobbies.com/taranis-sliders.html
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 15, 2015, 05:50 AM
Find More Posts by Acetronics
"MAYONNAISE"
Le Treport, France
Joined Jun 2004
1,493 Posts
I just wonder if the 100% pot travel will have the same effect as the 33% ( yes : 90 / 270 for throttle stick ) stick travel ...
may be ( ??? ) a couple of resistors to add in series AND the genuine pot value to choose lower ...

aaaa ...

Alain
Acetronics is offline Find More Posts by Acetronics
Old May 17, 2015, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
supreme being of leisure
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined Jul 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetronics View Post
I just wonder if the 100% pot travel will have the same effect as the 33% ( yes : 90 / 270 for throttle stick ) stick travel ...
may be ( ??? ) a couple of resistors to add in series AND the genuine pot value to choose lower ...

aaaa ...

Alain
most radio gimbals have 60 stick travel or less...and often use pots that have 90 or less electrical angle. much easier to get the resolution needed without all kinds of extra circuitry between the pot and the ADC.
ZAGNUT is offline Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
Old May 17, 2015, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by renatoa
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
17,589 Posts
Less mechanical travel does not imply automatically less voltage swing.
Either using special pots, with trace limited to 60 degrees only (9X), either using electronic range extenders (Taranis, JR), almost any radio deliver a full 3.3V or 5V swing at ADC input.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa