New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2015, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by flycatch
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2004
217 Posts
I have the same retracts on mine and they worked fine until last month. The left one worked but the right one refused to come down. Made my first one wheel landing and naturally can't duplicate the malfunction.
flycatch is offline Find More Posts by flycatch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 06:35 PM
Find More Posts by SmokeDogg
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
United States, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Jul 2009
618 Posts
It seems like it's usually the dang micro switches on the electric retracts that cause them to stop working. The new models coming from e-flite no longer use the micro switches. I hope they go back and update the existing line to operate without them!
SmokeDogg is offline Find More Posts by SmokeDogg
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by OneS4Avant2envy
United States, MD, Montgomery Village
Joined Aug 2012
358 Posts
just want to let people know my P-51 is up for sale
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331117
OneS4Avant2envy is online now Find More Posts by OneS4Avant2envy
Old Mar 09, 2015, 01:12 PM
Find More Posts by md_cobra
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2012
123 Posts
I maiden mine this weekend. It flew great, however my FG-21 seems to be having a fuel delivery problem. Anybody else have this issue? I flew it without the lower cowling as it's a new engine and wanted it to have the best cooling that it could. It started spitting in the mid range. Idle and WOT are rock solid. After I landed I noticed air bubbles in the fuel line. I am planning on pulling the tank to see if my clunk came off or if there is a split in the line somewhere. I may add some foam padding around the tank to dampen the vibration it gets. Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
md_cobra is offline Find More Posts by md_cobra
Old Mar 10, 2015, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by md_cobra
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2012
123 Posts
I pulled the engine and tank last night. All looked good. I did put some hose clamps on all the connections inside of the tank. I didn't find any cuts, splits or holes. I didn't see a way to add any isolation foam to dampen vibration to the tank with out doing some surgery. If it still acts up and has air bubbles in the line I will take the extra time to add the foam. Until then, Happy Landings.
md_cobra is offline Find More Posts by md_cobra