SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
Help!
continuous yaw

I have a IFT Evolve 300cx. It yaws (nose turns) always to the left. I have my rudder trim all the way over to the right to try to correct but it still tries to yaw left. I am new at this can someone please help me?

Thanks,
Chuck
glassmaster is offline Find More Posts by glassmaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2013, 04:00 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,621 Posts
Chuck, I am not familiar with the IFT Evolve 300cx. But like other coaxial helicopters, this is a common problem. Please click on my name to read my blog. Find the entry that says, "My Syma S107G has no lift". I believe the discussion there might shed some light on your problem. Please take all the directional comments with a grain of salt, because your 300cx may on may not have the rotors going the same directions as the S107G. But you'll get the idea.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:35 AM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
345 Posts
I don't have this heli, but it appears very similar to the Esky Big Lama which I am familiar with. To correct the constant rotation you must adjust the small dial on the 3 in 1 under the canopy which should be labled "prop", which stands for proportional. What that accomplishes is correcting the proportion of lift coming from the top set of blades, versus the bottom set. When the speed of both sets of blades are balanced with each other, then the heli will no longer want to yaw as the torque from each set of blades balances the torque from the other set. Make sure you set your transmitter yaw trim to zero before adjusting the "prop" dial. If you're not sure which dial to turn, check your owners manual. It should show you this.

Owner1
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1