HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:28 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
I too have several flybar dings on my tail pipe but that is the only visible damage so far. Been a bit cold and windy lately. I do want to get some video shot here when the conditions improve.
desertfoxx is offline Find More Posts by desertfoxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:42 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by col1n View Post
And me soon... Mine is in the UK eventually, but seems stuck.

http://www.trackitonline.ru/?tn=CP865590025HK

It was ordered over 2 weeks before the date on the tracking!

Welcome to the V912 Club! Looking forward to hearing of your experiences. I think you will be pleased! If you don't mind asking, from which vendor did you order? Just curious..

Cheers,

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Last edited by Crackup; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:49 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Looks like there are only four of us flying V912s so far. (tonytester, smileychris, desertfox and crackup). I think "jonboy" will be joining us soon! I hope you guys will keep posting your experiences and we can get this thread moving along. Maybe this thread will be as big as the V911 thread someday..lol

I am up to 32 flights with nothing exciting to report and my birds are still going strong. I fly one and hold the other in reserve except when I want to fly back-to-back flights, so I only have about 6 flights on my Mark II bird. I do have some flybar dings on the tail boom of the Mark I bird thanks to some pretty rough crashes when I was attempting to fly in 18 mph winds. Emphasis on "attempting". Helipal made good on my damaged transmitter and sent me a new one. It arrived in a little over a week - not sure how it got to Texas so fast as I did not ask for any special shipping - thought it would come by the slow boat. Still waiting for delivery of my Mark III bird which was shipped on 1-25 on the slow boat from a different vendor.

Still haven't heard of anyone flying the V9113. I suspect it will be a lot like the MJX 645.

Cheers and keep 'em flyin',

Jim
There may be a dozen or so V912 owners who have posted on this thread. I'm still waiting on the slow boat so I cant really contribute much yet. I can share some of the stats I collected when I was researching my options for FP helis:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

Its a publicly shared google doc, if you want to add anything to it feel free.

When the price of the V912 went down last week I thought maybe they were lowering the price in anticipation of the V913 becoming available soon. But the price went right back up and also no V913 yet so that was probably wishful thinking.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:22 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
There may be a dozen or so V912 owners who have posted on this thread. I'm still waiting on the slow boat so I cant really contribute much yet. I can share some of the stats I collected when I was researching my options for FP helis:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

Its a publicly shared google doc, if you want to add anything to it feel free.

When the price of the V912 went down last week I thought maybe they were lowering the price in anticipation of the V913 becoming available soon. But the price went right back up and also no V913 yet so that was probably wishful thinking.

Great! I hope they will post their impressions/experiences.

The price is changing all over the place. I wonder why? My first two V912s were $66 each I believe, can't remember exactly, but at that same vendor (Helipal) the price is now $75. My last order for a V912 was from AlieExpress priced at $54. Ehirobo, which I know nothing about, has the V912 priced at $49.95 on their website today.

I think I paid $109 for the MJX645 and that was without the camera! You can easily beat that price today.

You really have to shop around.

Cheers,

Jim
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:06 PM
mSRx,Mini,130x,MCP,300x,4 50D03
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
260 Posts
^ I ordered a V912 from ehirobo on Feb 2nd at the $49.95 price. My order was processed on Feb 2nd and shipped on the 6th, they have been great with emailing updates. I just tracked the package and it arrived in the US on the 8th. It is currently in processing status I assume at customs. Will update once I receive.
gstihls is offline Find More Posts by gstihls
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:17 AM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Welcome to the V912 Club! Looking forward to hearing of your experiences. I think you will be pleased! If you don't mind asking, from which vendor did you order? Just curious..

Cheers,

Jim
It's a banggood order. To be fair to them, it was ordered with a (slow)boat load of spares and other stuff and a couple of those items were out of stock.
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:08 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Motors

Someone accumulate more the 50 flights on the V912 ? Do the motors last ?
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:26 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Someone accumulate more the 50 flights on the V912 ? Do the motors last ?
yes I have . with plenty of crashes , motors still good and ony broke 1 rotor blade.. I do not count flower pots plants, or hanging decorations. I make everyone leave the room, this is like a RC BUZZ SAW.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
yes I have . with plenty of crashes , motors still good and ony broke 1 rotor blade.. I do not count flower pots plants, or hanging decorations. I make everyone leave the room, this is like a RC BUZZ SAW.
tonytester
You da man tonyt! Thankfully, "most" of my crashes have been in trees, bushes, and soft grass so still haven't broken anything. Yet! This thing is tougher than my V911s. I have burned up a couple of those babies.....

Jim
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:19 AM
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
This thing is tougher than my V911s. I have burned up a couple of those babies.....

Jim
That's good to know! I still have both of my V911's working, but hopefully with the increased size of the V912 I can abuse it outdoors... alot
Last edited by col1n; Feb 13, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
The nice man from ParcelFarce paid me a visit today

I was pleasantly surprised to find it came in the original WLToys packaging!

Not so pleasant was the UK weather today...

I've run 3 packs through it in my back room, hover was near perfect out of the box despite a not level swash.
One thing you all failed to mention was the noise this thing makes - it's awesome! The sound of the blades is like none of my other birds!

Speaking if which... here are a few of them

Does anyone know what the top right button on the TX does? When the 912 tx is bound to my 911, that button does exactly the same thing to the 911 as the 949 tc top right button. So I "assume" the 912tx will be able to flip my 949...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
260 Posts
I too received my V912 today, sadly, the Tx is busted. All three of my birds are grounded for one reason or other.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:48 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
260 Posts
Looks like the helicopter itself is undamaged but the swash seems really loose. Maybe its my paranoia.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:38 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Nov 2007
38 Posts
Can anyone see what the difference is between these two v912 helis.
There is $10 price difference but i cant see what the product difference between the two is, if any:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WLtoy...727268026.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WLtoy...745107975.html
malik999 is offline Find More Posts by malik999
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:51 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
260 Posts
No difference in product, different sellers.
szrcmodel / KING HOBBY TOY ACCESSORIES