HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2014, 03:26 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
Well i hit 50mph today! Then hit the concrete curb at the end of the parking lot
It amazing how quick it got out of range of my transmitter at that speed!
That's unfortunate. Your receiver has no fail save option, to cut throttle, or even hit brakes if connection is lost? Almost all my cars have fail save in case of signal loss, so nothing bad happens should it ever get out of range.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2014, 05:01 AM
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2012
59 Posts
It is a traxxas tx/rx...all that happens is power gets cut off..but it happened just about the time it lost range so there was not much chance for slowing down.

Its ok..i have a brand new chassis and tub i am transferring everything to...it will be back up and running in no time!

The biggest issue i had was the wind...my first try was headed into the wind..i was running about 40...pulled the trigger all the way..she popped a wheelie and promptly became airborn and roof surfed for about 75 feet!
allanon1965 is offline Find More Posts by allanon1965
Old Aug 28, 2014, 05:25 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,880 Posts
Sorry about your crash. It seems the Traxxas Tx is not very good? My Airtronics goes farther than I can see my model.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 05:36 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,924 Posts
Quote:
It is a traxxas tx/rx...all that happens is power gets cut off..but it happened just about the time it lost range so there was not much chance for slowing down.
Maybe consider another transmitter and receiver. Even the cheap GT-2 from Hobby King has the option to program fail save, and can also be set to hitting the brakes of contact is lost. Other brands also offer this, but usually at much higher price point.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 06:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
59 Posts
Maybe.....i have a flysky fs gt3c....might give that a try
Old Aug 28, 2014, 06:48 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,924 Posts
Quote:
Maybe.....i have a flysky fs gt3c....might give that a try
If you have the 3 channel receiver, it should have fail safe setup button.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
59 Posts
Well the baja is running yet again! Had to replace the rx as it was also toast...i need to see about stronger cvd axles for this thing or go back to 2s lipo batteries...but i really like it on 3s!
Old Sep 03, 2014, 08:27 PM
Joined Sep 2012
59 Posts
i am gonna try adjusting the slipper to allow a bit of slipping on the initial load..hopefully that will help it stop snapping axles...