SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old May 16, 2012, 04:22 PM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Tent for me but coming in the van ( LDV Pilot )
Badllarma is offline Find More Posts by Badllarma
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
900 Posts
Tent
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old May 17, 2012, 06:11 AM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,835 Posts
I can switch to our big family tent (plus a smaller dome if needed) if the small gate field is a preferable venue for us all as a private site. (2 double bedrooms + living area, all full height) Could be a useful communal space and shelter if necessary.

The offer of power on site and the opportunity to fly locally means the small-gate-field is the most attractive option if we can all squeeze through.

I will still be able to bring the essential fridge, tables, chairs etc! Will I be able to park the car+trailer near the field?

Cheers

Andrew
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Last edited by Swanlander; May 17, 2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: I read Paul's previous post with more attention on facilities!
Old May 17, 2012, 09:11 AM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Andrew I've a small 650 w geny I could bring

And maybe able to borrow a chain saw if Paul needs that gate opening up Only joking Paul
Badllarma is offline Find More Posts by Badllarma
Old May 17, 2012, 03:11 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
United Kingdom, England, Farnham
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
I was really banking on getting use of the field with car access. i think the other is probably a non starter.

I'll look around for an alternative but at a push it can be a fall back.

Will keep you posted.

Paul.
English Electric is offline Find More Posts by English Electric
Old May 17, 2012, 05:48 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
I could go Tenting as well if need be... Maybe I could bring along the "Mansion Tent" all 5 double bedroom lovelyness of it!!!

http://www.tentsandcamping.co.uk/tenby-10.html

T
chargenut is offline Find More Posts by chargenut
Old May 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,835 Posts
Now that's a tent!

(You just need an extra day to put it up, so I will take all of Friday off if you need an extra pair of hands)

But if you bring the normal "Chargenut quantity" of models to fly, this mansion will not have any spare room for folks to sleep.
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Old May 18, 2012, 03:26 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanlander View Post
But if you bring the normal "Chargenut quantity" of models to fly, this mansion will not have any spare room for folks to sleep.
Old May 18, 2012, 02:51 PM
olivier
Dinan ,Brittany ,France
Joined Jun 2007
1,598 Posts
Hello Guys!

too bad for me, i will not join you at this UKmeet this year…what a shame, I had discovered a new red wine I had expected to make you taste this year…I will not be able to join you for two reasons: my worktable makes me being at sea that very week end…and I also have some medical disorder. In both cases, I will not be able to join the meet: wether I am at sea or I am on sick leave and in this case, I will not be allowed to go abroad
I am hopping mad , for this gathering is a mighty good time for me: good fun, good drinks with good fellows…

2013, I will manage to be there!

cheers!
Well, Boys! don't forget to raise a flowing glass for me!

oliv'
olivdudu is offline Find More Posts by olivdudu
Old May 18, 2012, 03:13 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
Right... that's it... Paul find a campsite over local to Olivier!!! Lets all go over there, as an AP meet without Olivier isn't an AP meet!!!

Gutting!!!

T
Old May 20, 2012, 05:57 PM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargenut View Post
Right... that's it... Paul find a campsite over local to Olivier!!! Lets all go over there, as an AP meet without Olivier isn't an AP meet!!!

Gutting!!!

T
I agree it won't be the same without Olivier. And as much as the comment was meant in jest. I would definitely be up for a trip to the other side of La Manche. For an AP adventure
GliderGuideMan is offline Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old May 20, 2012, 07:57 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderGuideMan View Post
I agree it won't be the same without Olivier. And as much as the comment was meant in jest. I would definitely be up for a trip to the other side of La Manche. For an AP adventure
Indeed I guess I didn't really expect the whole AP meet to be shipped overseas. But for me having Olivier there (as part of our whole National AP "family") is key, it's a real shame for that not to be possible this time round. I just wanted to make it clear he will be missed (at least by me).

I also agree with DaveB though... I'm definitely up for a trip over for a weekend of AP, good company and wine/saucisson.

T
Old May 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
United Kingdom, England, Farnham
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
Sorry to hear you can't join us Olivier. As the others have said, you'll be missed.

I'm poised to book a campsite, so could do with knowing how many nights people want to stay.

So far:

Those staying Friday and Saturday night are me, Chargenut, Daveb, Swanlander.

Gray, Steve Mills, Hart Rockets, Badllama and Bearded Flyer. Can you let me know which nights you'll be staying please?

If you are not sure you can attend, let me know and I'll not book a space but once I have posted details of the site, you can contact them your self and book if need be.

Daveb, I assume you'll be travelling with Terry and staying in his portable mansion?

Cheers

Paul.
English Electric is offline Find More Posts by English Electric
Old May 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
900 Posts
Friday and Saturday nights for me.
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old May 22, 2012, 05:28 AM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,440 Posts
I will not be able to make it this year, family commitments!

Have a fantastic meeting though, I will be looking forward to seeing and reading all your exploits!!

All the very best.

Gray.
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
Closed Thread