New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2015, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by efflux RC
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
9,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
Habu just does not cut it. So I am building one from the bottom up and want to mod the piss out of her.
In case you might a Wemo Mini fan Pro, or EVO with a HET 1W-40 motor on 6s. (it pretty fast on 5s as well.
You'll need an ESC that's takes better than 125A. 6s, 40 or 60+ 3700mah lipos. (be sure they have 10 ga output wire).
Add spar to the wing as well as the stabs and stiffen up the vertical. Be sure you give the ESC plenty of air ( see the Habu owners mods thread.)

I eventually crashed the 6s and rebuilt it with new wings that had no wing or stab mods for 5s operation.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2015, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by WattsinThat
Addicted To Watts
Joined Feb 2014
196 Posts
His comment was directed at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
Hello are you talking to me? I just want to see where that setup sits in you Habu. I have bought every single one of these planes from the very first one to no and kit's too. But I am into the 90mm jets now and the stock Habu just does not cut it. So I am building one from the bottom up and want to mod the piss out of her. That is why so many questions. Thank you for any info and your time.
I have seen a video of a Habu2 with a 80mm Jetfan in it was running on 7s and producing around 2400Watts it had a glassed fuselage and wings he did allot of work on it. was a German guy
I see if I can find the video

Here is my Meteor with Extremerc alloy fan 12 blade rotor 150Amp yep esc around 2000 watts @125 amps 3300mAh 65-130c lipos 2 1/2 minutes flights max not sure how fast it was. I had the elevator servo die in a full speed dive...... There was nothing left of it
Video quality is crap Sorry

Meteor and Vampire (5 min 48 sec)

The Habu2 that I'm building will run Minifan Evo with the 2W27 motor on 6s
Cheers
WattsinThat is offline Find More Posts by WattsinThat
Last edited by WattsinThat; Apr 27, 2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WattsinThat View Post
The Habu2 that I'm building will run Minifan Evo with the 2W27 motor on 6s
Cheers
That will not be a very fast habu. Roughly the same speed as using 5s with stock motor and fan (around 100mph). Verticals are nice.
But the fan sounds good and is quite efficient.
whisperdancer is online now Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by MikePS
AMA 983978
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2011
259 Posts
I run the HET 1W40 w/WeMo EVO on 6 s. I have a CC 120 in the intake. I did no other mods. Radar clocked at 107. With throttle mgmt., it flies for around 4-5 min, but my timer is actually set for 3 min. It turns on and off when throttle crosses the 25% value. EVO fan sounds better than the miniPro it replaced, but not as good as the 11-12 blade fans do, imho.
MikePS is offline Find More Posts by MikePS
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:54 PM
Addicted To Watts
Joined Feb 2014
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post
That will not be a very fast habu. Roughly the same speed as using 5s with stock motor and fan (around 100mph). Verticals are nice.
But the fan sounds good and is quite efficient.
Not really looking for speed in this one. I have other models that give me the speed thrill 300+ kph hotliners I just don't like the crappy hair dryer sound that the stock fan makes, and on 5s it's a bit of an Amp hog
So you are right Sound and efficiency is what i'm looking for
Cheers
Last edited by WattsinThat; Apr 28, 2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:58 PM
Addicted To Watts
Joined Feb 2014
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePS View Post
I run the HET 1W40 w/WeMo EVO on 6 s. I have a CC 120 in the intake. I did no other mods. Radar clocked at 107. With throttle mgmt., it flies for around 4-5 min, but my timer is actually set for 3 min. It turns on and off when throttle crosses the 25% value. EVO fan sounds better than the miniPro it replaced, but not as good as the 11-12 blade fans do, imho.
In saying that if you watched my video of the Meteor and Vampire the vampire has a much nicer Woosh sound running the nine blade Minifan Evo than the Meteor running the Extremerc 12 blade fan that plane was extremely quiet I never figured out why
Old Apr 28, 2015, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by extra300
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2014
75 Posts
Hey Capt. you have a line on a complete set up the whole unit??
extra300 is offline Find More Posts by extra300
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by capt soap
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
3,000 Posts
Call efflux rc,or edf hobbies.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:23 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
3,000 Posts
Might maiden habu #2 tommorrow, My ist jet had a big mega motor pulling 95-100 amps. Now this one is starting in the 1000-1200 watt range, but only 55-60 amps.
Switched the stock front tire with a wheel about 1/3 of inch taller, should be airbourne sooner. 8 blade fan. 100 amp esc behind the motor so , no lead in the tail.
Old May 02, 2015, 12:41 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
3,000 Posts
Took out my habu today. Flew 4 flights total. Had two 6 cell lipo's, and two 5 cell lipo's. Im still enjoying the great handling this jet has. My goal is 7-8 cell lipo for the vertical. On 6s it has some vertical, but more trading airspeed for vertical, doesnt sustain it. No flaps yet, so 150 ft takeoff roll.
Old May 02, 2015, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by extra300
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2014
75 Posts
WOW Let me tell you I was at a great hobby shop here in so calf that sells a lot of jets and batteries banana hobbies and I held a eight cell pack what a brick man you could throw this thing threw a window. I would go with the two four cell packs together. Also pick up the HSD VIPER 4 cell model worth every penny.
extra300 is offline Find More Posts by extra300