Old Apr 30, 2015, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I'll give that a shot, I grabbed the most recent one a while ago but didn't check for updates right before updating the firmware.
The new one has been rebuild completly for the Quadrino Nano and is not on FlyingEinstein website at the moment. First page is dark, you will notice the difference.

Name: FCT-Welcome.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 104.3 KB
Description:
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by wparsons
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,997 Posts
It works fine with the older Quadrino's as well still? I'll try it tonight.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Apr 30, 2015, 03:06 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,029 Posts
Quote:
It works fine with the older Quadrino's as well still? I'll try it tonight.
The old one don't support the new 2.4 version which include a bunch of new GPS features. Like Waypoints etc..
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2015, 01:00 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,997 Posts
But the new version works with the old boards? (old as in last Quadrino before the nanos)
Old May 01, 2015, 02:13 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,029 Posts
Quote:
But the new version works with the old boards? (old as in last Quadrino before the nanos)
Yes, the old boards are supported in the new application. In the board selection page you just choose your board. Even the GPS page allow for setting the QuadrinoGPS..
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2015, 09:04 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,997 Posts
Awesome, thanks again!
Old May 01, 2015, 10:15 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,997 Posts
Alright, another problem. Updated to 2.4, now it doesn't recognize my aux2 channel. I know it's not the tx/rx, because if I swap the wiring with my aux1 the switch for aux2 moves aux1 in MultiWiiConfig. I've tested the wiring and there's good continuity.

I can't see anything in the config that would enable/disable an auxiliary input, thoughts?
Old May 02, 2015, 07:44 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,997 Posts
Came across this:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/....asp?TID=35210

Looking in the generated config.h, I can see both pin8 and pin12 commented out. The config tool won't let me manually edit the config file though, is there a way to do that or do I have to copy it out and manually flash the firmware (with the generated config) with the Arduino loader?
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,029 Posts
wparsons,

Sorry for the long wait, i had the answer but needed a software upgrade to make it work.
The AUX2 on the old Quadrino is D12 and was not "define" in by default.

Now it should, the FCT will ask you to upgrade the 2.4 config.h next time you open the app.

RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
7,029 Posts
Also about your initial issue, this might be related to your MIN_THROTTLE value. The multiwii go down enough to stop motors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,997 Posts
I don't think it's the min throttle value, it has happened while climbing slightly out of a hover.

I'm going to pull everything apart and triple check every connection, it's entirely possible that in the 3 years I've been tweaking and adding things I've weakened something along the way.

I'll try the new updater, thanks!
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,973 Posts
I haven't used my old (original) Quadrino for some time. Many months ago I loaded MW 2.3 in it and installed it in a hex and was getting some odd throttle pulses that made it 'twitch' randomly. It never tried to crash, but was a bit disconcerting. I moved it over to a tricopter frame and didn't have any issues. I've now moved it to a quad (F330) and was getting the throttle pulses again. It was more prevalent in the quad and felt like it wanted to, randomly, shoot up into the sky. I never had this issue with it before.

I just down graded it to MW 2.1 and tried it again in the F330 quad. No issues. Back to normal with smooth, predictable throttle response. So this left me wondering if there's something in the MW 2.3 Quadrino definition file that's causing the throttle pulsing. Has anyone experienced this before and no of a fix? FWIW, my board has just Gyro and Accels.

I just saw here about a Quadrino firmware update application. I've always loaded MW via ArduIno in the past. Would it be better to use the new application to retry 2.3?
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,973 Posts
I think I solved my problem. First I tried the Quadrino application and MW 2.4. Acro was fine, but level didn't work. I think my old board has a different accel orientation than what the app applied. So I went back into my 2.3 sketch to look at it again. Ah-ha!!! I had the gyro filter set for a MP6050 sensor...mine is a ITG3200 sensor. So I corrected that mistake and tried again. The throttle pulsing is gone. Now I can take it out of the yard and do some open field testing/tuning.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic