HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2015, 10:34 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
206 Posts
Mossie Wing Rebuild

Hi guys, completed the second aileron installation, connected the wings together and tried the movement. Looks OK just a bit of fine tuning to get them to move the same amount at the same time. But it works ok.

Started gluing the R5 extensions using a former to hold them at 5 deg. When I have both R5 extensions glued, will reconnect the wings together and check the distance between the extensions. Hopefully they wilt be parallel (top to bottom) which will confirm that the wings are held at 5 deg. by the carbon tubes and the R5 extensions are also correctly at 5 deg. (but opposite angle to the wings bringing them vertical).

Photos show the progress. All best Rod
Roddie is offline Find More Posts by Roddie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2015, 05:17 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
206 Posts
Mossie Wing Rebuild

Hi all, when I have time, continued with the wing build. I have reached the point where I stopped last time. But this time it all fits together, so from here on its all new.

I checked the distance between the two Rib 5 and it was within 0.25 mm (not sure of the imperial measurement) top to bottom. I then fitted the engine mounts, engines, front nacelle, and started the (removable) rear nacelle, (using plywood Bruce). Doing this before the under-carriage as I need the nacelle to make sure my design will fit.

All best and enjoy the photos. Rod
Roddie is offline Find More Posts by Roddie
Old Feb 25, 2015, 06:15 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,744 Posts
Looks fantastic; great fit on the cowling....Your really moving along now.

Bruce
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25