SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by BlackR0ck
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2014
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro View Post
I always said that :-D Every yaw input will confuse the FC in more than yaw movent (or did you aline the board with the tilt of the mounts? Even a slight difference in alinement will make trouble...
The boards are fixed level in the frame. I was under the impression that it made no difference while in rate mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide View Post
Tried angled motors, was happy to remove them. Tilt your camera instead. I just did a mod to the front of my Blackout to allow more tilt this weekend which I'm testing out and will post here if it works out well long term.
Yup, I've had my cam tilted but you know how you just have to try things yourself I figured an extra 10* at the motors might be good for all the low altitude flying I do. Give me more tilt without having to do it at the cam but I couldn't ever tune out some oddities.

I was out with a group of guys last weekend and got to actually see people race for the first time. The one thing I realized is that to keep up I'm going to have to tilt my camera way more. I'd like to see your mod, I've been thinking of cutting the top frame a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
I did this to mine, 31 deg tilt. Problem is your CCD becomes a crumple zone. Interested to see yours!
That is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing. Probably not as extreme the first time, but take a bit off at a time until I got an angle I liked.

It's such a fascinating hobby right now with so much changing so quickly. I still like my servo camera tilt. Whether having the option to change the camera angle while in the air is still a toss up for me. I just know I need to keep working on different ways to tilt the cam so I can go faster
BlackR0ck is offline Find More Posts by BlackR0ck
Last edited by BlackR0ck; Today at 01:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by BlackR0ck
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2014
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantaylor View Post
Short video from a couple of weeks ago. Thought I'd share rather than it sitting on my hard drive. Nothing fancy, just cruising around.

https://youtu.be/stTJSIif4Rw
Wow! What a beautiful location to fly. I love the cruising around. Thanks for the ride
BlackR0ck is offline Find More Posts by BlackR0ck
Old Today, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by lpabmendez
United States, LA, Mandeville
Joined Jan 2015
176 Posts
Fixed it... it was the gyro... it was off callibration. The flashing green LED apparently means angle unsafe to arm... recalibrated it and now back to normal... time for firs FPV flight :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I need some help...

I can not arm the quad with the radio controller.

Need Help... can not arm the quad (6 min 31 sec)

The radio controller is talking with the naze. When I connect to cleanflight I can change the different signals in the receiver tab, I can change modes, I can toggle the buzzer on and off using the radio. If I turn off the radio, naze starts buzzing warning that no signal is found, if I turn the radio on the buzzer stops.

Also, I can spin the motors in the motors tab using the slidder, so the naze is talking with the ESCs and with the motors.

2 hours ago I was able to arm with the arm switch on the radio transmitter no problem, was installing some FPV parts and now the arm swith does not arm the motors. I did not change any throttle values. I'm at a loss of what is going on... any ideas?

Was going to have my maiden FPV flight today...
lpabmendez is online now Find More Posts by lpabmendez
Last edited by lpabmendez; Today at 04:31 PM.
Old Today, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by Orca the Porker
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Feb 2015
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackR0ck View Post
Ha. Thanks guys. I actually feel better about it after a few hours of yard work. This is my second full blow out crash of the year.

I've got the whole crash on video, but it's pretty lame. I did a full throttle punch then nose down and a 180 to come back to me when I got a full blackout. I was tree surfing and must have had enough voltage sag to reboot the board. The battery shows two cells dead.

The video just looks like I stall out nose down from about 80ft up. Problem was I was flying down to the ground already and it hit a hard pack dirt/rock patch fast. The arms flexed so hard it pulled an inch of spare wire harness out of the frame on each arm. Yikes.

Luckily I've got a spare center plate. I'll swap out my tilt cam setup for a spare stock mount and have it running tomorrow assuming I didn't damage electronics.
I had a few crashes due to a dodgy camera blacking out. 4 flights and 4 decent crashes. Nothing worse than the video blacking out, cutting the throttle and just waiting for the crunch.

Build it better than before. There's always a plus side. Onwards
Orca the Porker is online now Find More Posts by Orca the Porker
Old Today, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by Orca the Porker
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Feb 2015
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantaylor View Post
Short video from a couple of weeks ago. Thought I'd share rather than it sitting on my hard drive. Nothing fancy, just cruising around.

https://youtu.be/stTJSIif4Rw
Super smooth as always Sean. My tuning is nowhere near that level yet.

I'd be under that bridge though for sure
Orca the Porker is online now Find More Posts by Orca the Porker