Apr 20, 2015, 11:46 PM
Official Boat Bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenator
The order is correct. The box has the F4U on one side and the FW190 on the other.

Great way to save a box cover.
PS, good chit chat going all the sudden, Love it. I think that FW190 will be a load of fun to fly too!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2015, 10:28 AM
AMA 8614
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P
PS, good chit chat going all the sudden, Love it. I think that FW190 will be a load of fun to fly too!
I had the Flyzone version and it was very light @ 40 oz, so it sort of flitted around.

Don Morse has the Dynam version and it does the same thing more or less. According to the specs. it weighs 3.25 lbs rtf.

This one weighs 2550 grams or 5.6 lbs rtf, so I'm thinking it will be a lot more stable in our winds.

I'm going to "weather" it up a little bit and bring it out for the Roll-Out Party on May 9th. BJ
Apr 21, 2015, 07:31 PM
Official Boat Bum
My P-51 from the same company FMS flies really nice stock on 4s. Well she's not mine anymore she's Charlie's now as of a few days ago. Awesome flyer. Not incredibly fast but not floaty. It cuts through the wind nicely, of course there are limits, but on a typical morning she'll do just fine IMHO.

There were some flights I left the gear down and just did touch and goes for 7 minutes, she was a blast to fly like that too. Roll 'em on and push the throttle back up to go for another round-the-patch trip again. Fighter stuff and graceful stuff was all good - Slow rolls.. no problem. Light enough for all that too without having to do too much fighting for it.
Apr 21, 2015, 09:29 PM
Official Boat Bum
Latest scuttle at the field

Secret Agent 007 (2 min 27 sec)
Apr 21, 2015, 10:21 PM
AMA 8614
Thread OP
Quote:
Maybe you could use it to find Vince's Radian that is lost out there somewhere. Very interesting. BJ
Apr 21, 2015, 10:22 PM
AMA 8614
Thread OP
Quote:
My P-51 from the same company FMS flies really nice stock on 4s. Well she's not mine anymore she's Charlie's now as of a few days ago. Awesome flyer. Not incredibly fast but not floaty. It cuts through the wind nicely, of course there are limits, but on a typical morning she'll do just fine IMHO.

There were some flights I left the gear down and just did touch and goes for 7 minutes, she was a blast to fly like that too. Roll 'em on and push the throttle back up to go for another round-the-patch trip again. Fighter stuff and graceful stuff was all good - Slow rolls.. no problem. Light enough for all that too without having to do too much fighting for it.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Thanks. BJ
Apr 28, 2015, 11:19 AM
Eddie,

Great job on the video! I really enjoyed watching the maiden flight again. I really appreciate the help you and Gene gave me that day on the glider. I have already made some upgrades to the glider that we discussed while on the airfield. Gene and I will be doing some more test flights on May 4. Hope to see you there.

Bob
Apr 28, 2015, 06:25 PM
Wandering IT geek
Folks,

If anyone's interested I have an Aeroworks .60 - .90 sized Yak 54 for sale. Selling to raise funds to replace a couple of EF1 planes I lost last weekend racing.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2402616

PM me if interested.

Thanks!
May 05, 2015, 10:49 AM
Official Boat Bum
How 'Bout that Roll Out fly day on the 9th, this Saturday?

Originally my schedule had me out of town 'till the afternoon but I might have an outside chance to get home in time. If I do I will be out in the early AM Saturday smiling broadly with fleet in tow.
May 05, 2015, 01:28 PM
Dayton,NV
Good to hear you might be able to make it Ed should be a fun time and lots of Mr T's awsome grub.
May 06, 2015, 10:50 PM
AMA 8614
Thread OP

Come Out and Help Us Celebrate the 10th Annual Roll Out Party

Yep... Believe it or not this is the tenth annual HSRCC Roll Out Party. Just think of it... all those years and countless bowls of Mr. "T"s mysterious chili concoction and no casualties yet.

Attached is a pic from last years event. Let's out do it this year. See you there. BJ
May 08, 2015, 06:47 PM
Official Boat Bum
Hi Gene and Bob, looks like I put a hex on myself talking too soon. I will not be able to make it. I'll be doing a bit of dawn patrol next week weather permitting, but no event this Saturday for me at least. Too bad, I always love these roll out parties, lots of great flying and with the runway back up to top shape it would have been a lot of fun! You guys have fun out there, fly safe! Hope we get a huge turn out and great flying weather.
May 08, 2015, 08:53 PM
AMA 8614
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Gene and Bob, looks like I put a hex on myself talking too soon. I will not be able to make it. I'll be doing a bit of dawn patrol next week weather permitting, but no event this Saturday for me at least. Too bad, I always love these roll out parties, lots of great flying and with the runway back up to top shape it would have been a lot of fun! You guys have fun out there, fly safe! Hope we get a huge turn out and great flying weather.
Ratz Eddie... Catch ya next time. J
Last edited by Foamenator; May 08, 2015 at 10:28 PM.
May 09, 2015, 06:42 PM
F7X
F7X
Like my Goat?
Visit my blog for photos of HSRCC's Roll Out Party:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2410219
Last edited by F7X; May 09, 2015 at 11:00 PM.
May 10, 2015, 09:49 PM
AMA 8614
Thread OP

Lance Morrison Video of Ray Brindos Jenny

Here is the link to this grat video. We had a great day at the Roll Out.

Ray Brindos' Jenny 05092015 (5 min 4 sec)

Quick Reply