SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2014, 03:57 AM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
About to finally maiden mine this week (8s Wemo Midi Pro setup). A question to those who installed the wing fences from RC Lander - what glue did you use to stick them to the monokote wings?
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:07 AM
Die Meistertinkerer
United States, GA, Columbus
Joined Jan 2006
493 Posts
E6000 glue, can be found at Lowes, Hobby Lobby, etc. You will not regret trying it...good luck with your maiden! Mine is laid up with LG issues.
Frankensteen is offline Find More Posts by Frankensteen
Old Dec 28, 2014, 04:34 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
E6000 glue worked great. Thanks!

I didn't do the maiden, but a more skilled club member did. It landed HOT (edit: AUW is 4.25kg / 8.8lbs) on the 8s Wemo setup because of the slight nose heavy condition. I can move the lipos back an inch, but then it's very light on the nose with wire struts. I recall others using trailing/oleo struts to deal with this same issue, correct?

For those who have used flaperons (ailerons down). Does the nose pitch down and up? How much elevator should I mix in?
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Last edited by voxel; Dec 30, 2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Added AUW
Old Jan 28, 2015, 04:15 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,933 Posts
Made a lot of progression on my build the past few days. I've only had the wings glued on and test fitted retracts since last Feb and it's collected dust since then. Installed my retracts, installed vertices and horizontal stabs, flaps and most servos. It's looking nicer and nicer as the days go by. Edf unit has been test fitted also now I have to work on esc location and soldering. This is my most extensive build and I'm liking it.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 31, 2015, 06:21 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,933 Posts
Need a lil help.

So I got the nose gear servo less retracts setup with the rc lander struts. I'm using the stock wire pull system that the manual recommends, however when I retract the gear the strut spins different direction s and binds on the fuselage gear cutout. What are you all doing to keep it retracting straight into the bay?
Old Feb 03, 2015, 10:56 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,933 Posts
Still haven't figured out the nose gear retracting issue I asked about above, but here's a lil video of my taxi test. Still haven't hooked up my control linkages, flaps, sorted my wires, and added decals. Maiden should be ready in about 2 wks.

F9F-8 Cougar HK / CMP 90mm (1 min 50 sec)
Old Feb 08, 2015, 02:08 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,933 Posts
Still no takers on the nose gear Q: ?
Old Feb 08, 2015, 08:34 PM
Joined Apr 2011
11 Posts
You need to have the type landing gear that has a u-shape fitting on the pin like shown in this pic, when the gear is retracted it spins the shaft strait!
bobbysonic is offline Find More Posts by bobbysonic
Old Feb 08, 2015, 09:32 PM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Jan 2012
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Need a lil help.

So I got the nose gear servo less retracts setup with the rc lander struts. I'm using the stock wire pull system that the manual recommends, however when I retract the gear the strut spins different direction s and binds on the fuselage gear cutout. What are you all doing to keep it retracting straight into the bay?
well you probably won't like what I have to say. I recently bought and built and RCL Panther so it probably has the same retract system. I had a lot of trouble with the nose gear binding. I found that the link from the servo was riding down on the pin at the gear end. I finally figured out that if I bent the control rod near the servo, it would force the link up the pin and the binding stopped. However, I also found the foam from the fuselage interfered with the link motion.

After fixing this, my retracts didn't last long as I found the Panther ballooned and was hard to land smoothly. Also, on the mains, there is very little foam or support in the wing above the mains so a hard landing will punch them through the wing. Long story short, my Panther is now a hand launch affair.

Your mileage may vary.
rhodesengr is offline Find More Posts by rhodesengr
Old Feb 25, 2015, 03:52 PM
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jul 2008
997 Posts
For those interested looks like hk has the plug and plays back in stock.
Habanero is offline Find More Posts by Habanero