SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 03, 2015, 04:16 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroMode View Post
Please help!

My #16v2 won't do TV-out any more.

Long time not used, the last time i built in an extension wire.
Now a have an idea where to use the cam. But theres no TV-out!
On GUI TV-Video-out is ON. Even in Config file.

Plugs/wires are OK. With mobius they works.
I even can use the Cam as webcam.
Use your old wiring harness if it worked. Mobius video out cables do not work with V2 #16 cameras. See post #2 links for details.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2015, 04:21 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Hello all. Been a while since I've used my camera and was getting it out today to get it ready for some Spring flying. I don't remember what version camera I have (V2 or V3). Is there a way for me to tell when it's hooked to the PC and connected to the Configuration Utility?

I have both the Mobius ActionCam and Keychain #16 Configuration Utility and the Configuration Utility for the #16 HD Camera. Opened both and they automatically detected some updates which I completed. Not sure which, if either is better than the other to use. When the camera is connected, it shows mov v0.67 and says new firmware available for download. I checked under tools and it shows Bootloader V3, v1.12 AVI and v1.12 MOV.

Should I do these updates or leave it alone since it worked fine last time I used it back in July 2014.
V3 cameras will show as such in the GUI dialog under the camera selection pane. Earlier versions will not.

Do you want the added features and possibly some bug fixes in FW v1.12? Then update. If not, then don't.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2015, 04:29 PM
Registered User
speedlever's Avatar
United States, NC, High Point
Joined Dec 2014
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Hello all. Been a while since I've used my camera and was getting it out today to get it ready for some Spring flying. I don't remember what version camera I have (V2 or V3). Is there a way for me to tell when it's hooked to the PC and connected to the Configuration Utility?

Should I do these updates or leave it alone since it worked fine last time I used it back in July 2014.
Post 18347 above shows the setup page with version and firmware update status using the mSetup gui.
speedlever is online now Find More Posts by speedlever
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2015, 05:34 PM
Head in the clouds
nascar1929's Avatar
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
V3 cameras will show as such in the GUI dialog under the camera selection pane. Earlier versions will not.


Do you want the added features and possibly some bug fixes in FW v1.12? Then update. If not, then don't.
I looked, but not sure where exactly to find the version of the camera. Do I update both the MOV and AVI files or just one of them?
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2015, 05:51 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I looked, but not sure where exactly to find the version of the camera. Do I update both the MOV and AVI files or just one of them?
Look just below the camera selection pane... HWV3 (see attached).

Both FW do the same thing... it's just a matter of whether you use .MOV format or AVI. You can only load one into your camera at a time, but you can download both to your PC for future use. AVI files are not editable by many editors, so avoid that if you do any editing. Use MOV if your PC players and editing software (if any) will import MOV files.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2015, 07:57 PM
Head in the clouds
nascar1929's Avatar
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Look just below the camera selection pane... HWV3 (see attached).

Both FW do the same thing... it's just a matter of whether you use .MOV format or AVI. You can only load one into your camera at a time, but you can download both to your PC for future use. AVI files are not editable by many editors, so avoid that if you do any editing. Use MOV if your PC players and editing software (if any) will import MOV files.
Ahhhh......the HWV3 does not appear on mine so must be a V2 camera.

I installed the MOV 1.12.

Thank you very much for the explanation and reference.
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
Father of God
Germany, SN, Plauen
Joined Mar 2013
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Use your old wiring harness if it worked. Mobius video out cables do not work with V2 #16 cameras. See post #2 links for details.
Ohh,
Sorry, in post#2 i cant find a solution. (maybe i'm not english speaking) There are just links where to buy.
I just want to solder it. -its much faster. I have enought miniUSB-Plugs, a device to solder, the will to do it, and the knowledge how.

Coloured pictures i would understand for sure.

is my thinking right:
Möbius: 5V, Vid, x, x, GND
#16v2: 5V, x, x, Vid, GND
?
ZeroMode is offline Find More Posts by ZeroMode
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroMode View Post
Ohh,
Sorry, in post#2 i cant find a solution. (maybe i'm not english speaking) There are just links where to buy.
I just want to solder it. -its much faster. I have enought miniUSB-Plugs, a device to solder, the will to do it, and the knowledge how.

Coloured pictures i would understand for sure.

is my thinking right:
Möbius: 5V, Vid, x, x, GND
#16v2: 5V, x, x, Vid, GND
?
Video-Out
I don't have a colored schematic, but here's the text for the connections for the mini-USB plug.

#16 V2:
1=5V, 2=Not connected, 3=Not connected, 4=Video Out, 5=GND

#16 V3 (and Mobius):
1=5V, 2=Video-Out, 3=Playback Sound Out (if needed), 4=GND, 5=GND (pins 4 and 5 shorted at plug).
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM
Father of God
Germany, SN, Plauen
Joined Mar 2013
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Video-Out
I don't have a colored schematic, but here's the text for the connections for the mini-USB plug.

#16 V2:
1=5V, 2=Not connected, 3=Not connected, 4=Video Out, 5=GND

#16 V3 (and Mobius):
1=5V, 2=Video-Out, 3=Playback Sound Out (if needed), 4=GND, 5=GND (pins 4 and 5 shorted at plug).
Thanks, almost the same i thought.
...just built: it works!
ZeroMode is offline Find More Posts by ZeroMode
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Thanks Tom. I'll give that a shot.

************************************************** *
Edit: Tom, I just extracted the config file to the memory card. I checked the time and it looks good. I did it around 1:32pm EST. Here's the first line of the config file:
Date time=[2015/03/03-13:31:58];date time setting,format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss,

I don't see a problem there. So it must be my work flow or the camera itself. When I shoot a video from my quad, then bring the camera in and plug it into my PC, I would like to think the files will already have a good time/date on them. But, I suppose it's possible that if the battery has run down and I charge it before a flight, it may be off. Those are 2 separate cases.

Case 1: the camera is fresh off the PC having had the parameters set and the battery is fully charged. I take some video, then go to d/l the file, only to find the time/date are not synced. (this has been my history thus far).

Case 2: the camera battery has died and needs to be charged before taking a video. Charge the battery, take the video, then connect to the PC to download the file. At this point, I suspect I need to set the parameters again to refresh the time/date sync. Then, when I d/l the files, I expect the time/date of the video to be accurate.

And yes, my PC time is accurate. (WWV fan and solar atomic watch fan....)

I'll reformat the card and dump the config file and check again in a few hours to see if there's been any change in the camera time. I'll edit this post to update.

************************************************** ****************
Edit 2: I extracted the config file again at 10:47 pm EST and here's the first line of the file:
Date time=[2015/03/03-18:04:54];date time setting,format yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss

It is way off.

The only thing I can conclude is that the camera is defective.

Have I overlooked anything?
(I reformatted the SD card in camera when I concluded my earlier test and left it on the charger to fully charge. Right now I simply plugged in the USB cable after extracting the config file and looked at the file with Notepad and copied and pasted the first line.)
Yes, your TOD clock is running very slow for some reason. Low voltage should not do this... there is enough power in the battery to keep the clock running even when the battery will not power the camera for very long. Complete loss of power will reset the clock to it's default time. I forget the exact date and time, but it's something like 2001/01/01 00:00:00.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Registered User
speedlever's Avatar
United States, NC, High Point
Joined Dec 2014
305 Posts
Looks like I need to have a chat with the vendor. Thanks for the help.
speedlever is online now Find More Posts by speedlever
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The REAL (#11) HD Key Cam Thread (PLEASE! READ POSTS #1-#3 BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!) Tom Frank Aerial Photography 9936 Feb 11, 2014 10:56 AM
Discussion Looking to buy #11 HD Key Cam within US Abolfazl Aerial Photography 1 Feb 14, 2012 02:59 AM
Poll Poll For Current and Future #11 HD Key Cam Users Tom Frank Aerial Photography 0 Sep 26, 2011 12:55 AM
Discussion New HD Key Cam CHAMP? 1080x720p 3 HOUR RECORD TIME! Jaybee Aerial Photography 4 Jun 02, 2011 12:39 PM