SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:03 AM
Durham NC
Joined Jul 2004
3,669 Posts
Discussion
Andrew Jesky Volume III, Precision Flight DVD

Andrew Jesky and I have just completed our third instructional DVD in the series Andrew Jesky Takes RC to a Higher Plane. I thought I would start a thread here to make everyone aware and to provide a RCG forum for feedback specific to Vol 3. If you get the DVD please let us know what you think.

The DVD was shot over the course of three days at AJ's home in Salt Lake City Utah. The program is two hours and 16 minutes, the first hour being a step-by-step build of the 62" Osiris and the rest at the field. Here's some highlights:

Osiris design and strategy explained
Build tips for the 62" Osiris. AJ completes the build in less than 3 hours.
Description of all gear needed that is not included in the kit, including the Futaba gear used and the recommended equivalents in JR and HiTec
Discussion of the importance of proper CG and aileron differential
Why aileron differential is necessary on some models
Setting proper hi-med-low rates for all surfaces
Setting proper expo to complement hi-med-low rates on all surfaces
Thurst angle and why it's different for different aircraft
Trim flight, how to check if the plane is flying true and what to adjust if it's not
Intentionally tail-heavy flight with incorrect differential, showing the cause and effect of improper setup
Maneuvers flight discussing snaps, rolls and stall turns in detail
Maneuvers flight discussing spins in detail
Practicing to stay in the box
Suggested techniques for hitting a consistent angle and radius
Sportsman 2011 Pattern sequence called by David Fox while Andrew flies and explains
F3A 2011 P-11 sequence flown with the 62" Osiris and called by Andrew with all maneuvers explained and tips for "stealth" wind correction and best presentation to the judges
F3A 2011 P-11 sequence flown with the 2 meter Spark and called by Andrew with comments about the difference between the Spark and the Osiris
Picture-in-Picture of the transmitter during all flights
On the ground discussion of the differences between the Spark and the Osiris

Available now on DVD, blu-ray releases on November 30, 2010. More info and video trailer are here:

http://store.higherplaneproductions.com/ajvol3dv3.html
fmidgett is offline Find More Posts by fmidgett
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:26 AM
Devon, Alberta
Joined Apr 2003
200 Posts
Ordered a copy of the DVD yesterday.

Tim
Tim2 is offline Find More Posts by Tim2
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:40 PM
Joined Jul 2009
5 Posts
Hi tim2, could you please tell me the web paguina to buy a DVD of Andrew Jesky Volume III, Precision Flight DVD
ayak54 is offline Find More Posts by ayak54
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:17 AM
Durham NC
Joined Jul 2004
3,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayak54 View Post
Hi tim2, could you please tell me the web paguina to buy a DVD of Andrew Jesky Volume III, Precision Flight DVD
http://store.higherplaneproductions.com/ajvol3dv3.html
fmidgett is offline Find More Posts by fmidgett
Site Sponsor