SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 06:54 AM
Hex guy from Lexington
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Help!
Motors go to zero rpm when you cut the throttle

Hi and thanks for looking.

I just upgraded my radio from the DJI to a Spektrum Dx9 Black. The radio is awesome and I managed to make it work, but I can't figure out why it cuts the motor rpm to zero when I lower the throttle all the way. Obviously I don't want my hex to drop out of the sky and I rarely brought the throttle back to zero, but sometimes I do.

I tried to adjust the throttle trim, but that had no effect.

Equipment
F550 Stock E300 system
Spektrum DX9 Black
Naza V2 with GPS

Any help is really appreciated.
dnejeff is offline Find More Posts by dnejeff
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
790 Posts
Well, I don't know about your DJI radio, but with every radio I have ever owned plus the radios I have now, lowering throttle all the way is supposed to stop the motors.

And, to my way of thinking, having the motors spin up as soon as the flight controller arms is a HUGE safety hazard.
Oldgazer is offline Find More Posts by Oldgazer
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
12,015 Posts
What mode is your flight controller in? In height-hold mode (or whatever they call it) I believe the Naza can descend slowly to a controlled landing if you chop the throttle to zero -- i.e. the motors don't stop immediately because the flight controller is controlling them. Is that what you're used to? Maybe you need to check which switch is used to switch between the various flight modes.

If you're in regular acro mode, then the motors should stop when you lower the throttle all the way.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Hex guy from Lexington
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Thanks for the input. For the record when you lower the throttle on the DJI stock controller on the Naza FC board it does not stop the motors. I was in GPS mode and when the throttle was lowered all the way they were on for a second then they stopped. I haven't and probably won't try it in flight. I just thought there might be a way to set the transmitter so they would never shut off based on throttle position, but only when you tell them to. (move the stick center/down at the same time.) Thanks Again!
dnejeff is offline Find More Posts by dnejeff
Old Today, 02:46 AM
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jun 2012
248 Posts
Apply throttle trim?
Phytone is offline Find More Posts by Phytone