HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:10 PM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
ok, guys. i know this could be posted somewhere else but i have got a great raport here:
what is the maximum capacity that is allowed to send lipos (from hk-or any1 else) by air?
recently ordered some 1000 and 1300's from hk and it is taking way longer than usual.

thanks
Non lipo orders ship Hong Kong Post. Lipo orders ship Singapore Post and take on average about a week longer.
Total capacity is not an issue (I don't think). They cannot ship Lipo's through HK Post although they may sneak a small one in if it is part of a kit.
Helitime is online now Find More Posts by Helitime
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:14 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
delivery on lipos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitime View Post
Non lipo orders ship Hong Kong Post. Lipo orders ship Singapore Post and take on average about a week longer.
thank you very much.
good to know.
you guys are great.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
L3010C motor connectors

just got the motor L3010C suggested for the fox. it comes with male golden bullet connectors. but, how do i know what size are they? the specs don't say anything.
where should i measure them to know? i need to know this to order some to match for the pack.

as a comparison, i have tried to measure the 2mm's golden bullets that i use for smaller things, but i can't find where they are 2mm.

thanks
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:38 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,169 Posts
My method is to plug them into existing connectors and if they fit tight, they are good to go.
I use a Harbor Freight digital caliper to measure most things. http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...per-47257.html

The inside measurement of a 3.5mm connector is 3.5mm. The male with the springy thingies was in the 3.6Xmm range.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:44 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,169 Posts
FWIW.....
1st The elevator hold down screws wereI replaced with longer ones and cut to fit. The ones I got were not a good fit.
2nd - The nuts in the elevator did not match up with the bolt holes . I shaved off some off the front of the elevator (plastic and foam) until the holes lined up. It was also necessary to make the slot in the plastic nut holder a little deeper to make up for the amount I cut off. It was probably about 1/16" that was removed.

On my original Fox I just crammed and jammed and made a mess of it.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
buy and try

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
My method is to plug them into existing connectors and if they fit tight, they are good to go.
I use a Harbor Freight digital caliper to measure most things. http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-...per-47257.html

The inside measurement of a 3.5mm connector is 3.5mm. The male with the springy thingies was in the 3.6Xmm range.
seems that hk has 3.5 and 4mm. i may have to buy 1 set of each to learn if they match.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:36 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,169 Posts
Hatch hold down

After having a hatch come off in flight, I decided to secure it better as those fittings that came with the FOX seem flimsy.

Melted a vertical slot in the fuselage with a piece of hot hack saw blade and epoxied in a length of cloth backed Velcro.
Used Velcro with adhesive on it to attach a piece to the canopy.
That's all folks.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:03 AM
Stockholm
Joined Jan 2010
75 Posts
Hi, would it be hard to put a bigger battery in??
Im thinking of an LiPo 3S/ 4A (145X50X25 mm).

// Mats W
Mats W is offline Find More Posts by Mats W
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats W View Post
Hi, would it be hard to put a bigger battery in??
Im thinking of an LiPo 3S/ 4A (145X50X25 mm).

// Mats W
This thing has a huge battery compartment. It'll take quite a large battery and an even bigger one if you cut out some foam. However, the big problem will be balance. With a 2200, I still need a bit of weight in the tail. If you put in a 4000 as far back as it'll go and put the servos in the tail, you may still need more weight back there.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,169 Posts
I needed a 3s1800mah pack moved back 4" (Had to cut out a lot of foam) and still needed 2 1/2oz of lead in the tail. The pack is behind the cg so a bigger pack may be better. I'll check that out tonight.

OOOPs, my mistake, the cg is well behind the battery pack so a larger pack would demand a big chunk of lead in the tail. I wouldn't go that direction.
Last edited by hoppy; Jun 22, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:55 AM
Belgi, Vlaams Gewest, Brugge
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Xviper said it, it will be nose heavy with a bigger battery wich leads us to a question, why would you need a bigger battery? On a Turnigy 2200 3S this bird will soar for ages without wanting to come down.

Stevo
stevo0476 is offline Find More Posts by stevo0476
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:08 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,829 Posts
whats the maximum 3s lipo (mah?) you guys are flying with? (with the elevator and rudder servo mods' in the back of the plane).

Also, planning on putting a Hacker A30 motor (900-1200kv) on 11x6 /12/6 Graupner folders'....

Too heavy?
rclab1 is online now Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Jul 13, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Aug 2011
161 Posts
I dunno if that would be too heavy. The graupner folders seem like a good idea.
Mattacks is online now Find More Posts by Mattacks
Last edited by Mattacks; Jul 14, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
A little help please...

My Fox glider seems to pitch up excessively with throttle
It's worse downwind than upwind, I have no choice but to use down elevator to compensate especially if I'm not full throttle as less than full throttle it will pitch up and almost immediately want to stall, full throttle will drag the plane through without stalling but it will also pitch literally vertically

I have the CG set to 40mm behind the leading edge and check every time before flight

Any ideas on how to fix this without using a throttle/elevator mix ?

Thanks
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:19 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,169 Posts
Tee,
Add down thrust to your motor mount is one way to do what you want.

I've found that a cg closer to 52-55mm from the leading edge is a good place to have it. As the plane sits with the servos powered up, is the elevator slightly up? 40 mm is a nose heavy cg which requires up elevator. Moving the cg back may help you.