Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Jun 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
Hpi/king motor/rovan the real story

I've avoided this for a while but reading how people are afraid to post I'm forums
Because they have what they think is a clone.

So in a nut shell this is the real story.

HPI is the Clone, King Motor Started the baja movement. Hpi bought the rights to the baja design from king motor. From that point kM could not sell Bajas in the US. In order to sell Bajas in Australia King Motor made the company name Rovan.

I'm not the authority on this so bash me all you want.

But that is a Fact like it or not......HPI is The clone.
So don't be afraid to post any where about your baja from KM/rovan.
Avek is offline Find More Posts by Avek
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:39 AM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Not actually real or true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avek View Post
I've avoided this for a while but reading how people are afraid to post I'm forums
Because they have what they think is a clone.

So in a nut shell this is the real story.

HPI is the Clone, King Motor Started the baja movement. Hpi bought the rights to the baja design from king motor. From that point kM could not sell Bajas in the US. In order to sell Bajas in Australia King Motor made the company name Rovan.

I'm not the authority on this so bash me all you want.

But that is a Fact like it or not......HPI is The clone.
So don't be afraid to post any where about your baja from KM/rovan.
Akira Kogawa, who was an HPI employee, designed the Baja. He is also credited with designing many other standout RC products. He actually came from Kyosho where he was involved in the production of the famed Optima and Ultima.
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A little about me.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, IL, Channahon
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
My opinion is, who cares?! They are all just toys.
I never understood product loyalty. Never! Unless you are invested or an owner of the brand, who gives a crap?!
It's just like the morons who argue about their phones. Really?! I have an iPhone! I have an android! Stupid!
I buy the product that best suits my needs! Period!
I recently bought a brand new hpi baja 5b and let me tell ya, I have had to replace or, "upgraded" pretty much all the same junk parts that owners of other brands have to.
In the end, every one of them end up being a "clone" by the time all the "upgrading" is done, right?? My hpi is only 3 months old and it's already 50% after market parts. So... It's slowly morphing into something other than an hpi, right?
This whole debate and the animosity between hpi and "clone" owners is stupid! Drive them, break then, fix them, and have fun! Who gives a crap whose name is or isn't on it?!
Rant over..... :banghead:
flyingduck88 is offline Find More Posts by flyingduck88
Last edited by flyingduck88; Jun 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM.