HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:36 AM
Turbo tuner
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Apr 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I plan on belly landing on grass, like the P-51. The main reason I am considering the corsair is the dual servos for aileron rolls.
Jasen40,

You won't get too many belly landings out of the Corsair I'm afraid. At least not without putting covers over the aileron servos on the wings. Those tiny servo gears will easily get damaged in a belly landing if left uncovered.

There's been some folks using the Stryker servo covers or even making some out of blister packaging and so forth. Just be warned, belly landings would possibly damage your aileron servo gears.

Just my cents,

Turbo
turbodpv is offline Find More Posts by turbodpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:16 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodpv View Post
Jasen40,

You won't get too many belly landings out of the Corsair I'm afraid. At least not without putting covers over the aileron servos on the wings. Those tiny servo gears will easily get damaged in a belly landing if left uncovered.

There's been some folks using the Stryker servo covers or even making some out of blister packaging and so forth. Just be warned, belly landings would possibly damage your aileron servo gears.

Just my cents,

Turbo
I agree on that, I was thinking about painting some habu servo covers sky blue, and retro fitting them
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Today, 01:30 AM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Any thoughts guys or remarks for a P-51 replacement verses the Corsair.
Make sure the Corsair is the new AS3X one, and not the old one.
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc