You sure?!?!?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:21 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,188 Posts
Im 22 and yeah you will. Definitely make the best of it cause it's only as good as you make it. I know i had fun in high school and wish i could go back(minus the work) Happy flying and b-day
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
You sure?!?!?
hone1er is offline Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:36 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,554 Posts
Ok i will!
Thxz
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:52 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,382 Posts
High school is awesome

I'm quite sad that I only have a few months left of it, actually. It's nothing but fun and nonsense, plus a bunch of AP classes and homework.

I will say that it goes really freakin fast....

I remember how I walked in there on the first day of freshman year and saw the school's president, Brother Michael, give his start-of-the-year speech. He was in his 70s, I think, but he had an incredible amount of energy and the sort of voice that commanded everyone's attention. My whole high school experience was punctuated by him walking through the halls talking to students or singing Christmas carols. He'd come up behind you and put his hand on your shoulder and ask how your day was going, and you could tell that he genuinely wanted to know.

Now, 3.5 years later, we're recovering from his extremely sudden death to cancer a few weeks ago. It occurred to me that over those couple years, I never really took the time to think about what he had done for me and my family, which I won't get into, and I certainly never thanked him for any of it. It's high school, you know? It seems like it's never gonna end. BroMike will always be wandering around poking his head into classes that fall silent momentarily, then become really noisy with "Hi, Brother Michael!"s and "Wassup, BroMike?"s. It seems like there will always be a chance to pull that grade up, join that team or club, get to know that really hot girl across the room, or stop and have a chat with Brother Michael about how the snowflakes outside look bigger than they did yesterday.

The reality is that it really doesn't last. I think if I had to give you some advice about high school, I'd tell you to do as much stuff as you can possibly do while you're there because at first you're a freshman just getting used to it, and then all of a sudden there are people talking about graduation hats and robe lengths and you have three months left until you take your final exams and leave. You never see it coming. I sure didn't. It's just like how Brother Michael was looking fine and healthy in mid-December, but by the end of January he had been dressed up nice, paid final respects, and buried in a frozen cemetary. He was truly a great man and we can remember him and honor his memory, but we sure can't get him back.

I guess you may or may not take something useful away from this. I just figured I'd share this little bit of experience and maybe it would be helpful at some point... Back to the birthday celebration, eh?
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:59 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
^^^ +1 to everything he said... A lot of work, but fun
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:11 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011