Old Jun 02, 2014, 01:51 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
1,881 Posts
no performance w/ 10-blade fan: exhaust too small

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Lots of stuff to think about now.
1. How comes this EDF combo doesn't have more power? It should fly like a rocket on this setup.... I'll check throttle range, but maybe ESC timing could have any influence?
the exhaust is too small for a Change Sun fan - either you open up the rear end to at least 58mm so it will at least work decently in flight (for better static thrust choose 60mm), or you install a different fan - of the multibladers, only the Wemo Mini Evo will handle the small 55mm efficiently
cheers
Clemens
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2014, 01:53 PM
An unexpected error occurred
Belgium, Flemish Region, Duffel
Joined Apr 2012
626 Posts
Ok, thanks, I'll have a look at that!
Phaedra is offline Find More Posts by Phaedra
Old Jun 02, 2014, 02:11 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Woot! Hey, she got up, flew, and returned to earth in one piece -- that's the definition of a successful maiden!

Now it looks like you just have some issues to work through.

As to the late rotation, I have heard a lot of people blame bottom cheaters, only to eventually find another issue (CG, thrust angle, incidence, elevator throws, etc) so I would check it out thouroughly before hanging my hat on that one.

In any event, you are over the big hurdle!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob