HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:12 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simano
Hey, those that saw me fly this micro heli at the RocketCity fly-in last Saturday know how well they fly...

Now EBAY is offering these at $19.95 INCLUDING shipping!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/FAIRY-2-CHANNEL...1QQcmdZViewItem

My advise is get one while they last. You will never find a better micro heli to fly around the living room on those lousy weather days!!...

Gerry.
Gerry,
The link doesn't work.
What is the name of it so I can search E-bay ?

Thanks,
Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:28 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdeth
Gerry,
The link doesn't work.
What is the name of it so I can search E-bay ?

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,

If I may answer the question....I have correctly posted the eBay item at the other thread that Gerry created about this wonder heli and please go to:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=146

Happy eBay buying!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:54 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Gerry and others....

Silverlit the maker of the original PicoZ heli now is making this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVERLIT-Boeing...QQcmdZViewItem

SILVERLIT Boeing 737 Digital Proportional RC Airplane, 2-channel! Take a look at the Video on the eBay link...it flys very well.

However, the shipping is a killer!
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:28 PM
Joined Aug 2004
973 Posts
Man I miss Magnum PI.
sbmon is offline Find More Posts by sbmon
Old Jun 13, 2007, 05:50 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Great Planes S.E.5a RTF on Sale!

Just came across this at the Park Flyers section!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

However, I do believe this gentleman meant to post that the battery he is selling with this RTF should be a 11.1 Volt Li-POLY and not the 7.4 Volt Li-POLY as per the eBay ad.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJRY3

This model is a very good flying RC WW-I Bi-Plane model and has some super looks in the air!
Last edited by guapoman2000; Jun 13, 2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:48 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechrick
...Kevin came back to town and flew his Easystar in a new way, with a box on his head. He has fashioned a VR head gear with the receiver and display mounted in the front of a box that he can strap to his head. Looks a little "interesting", but with my minimal spotting and guidance he did have a great head-in flight with a picture perfect landing. ...Rick
Rick, Thanks again for your help.

Here is a video of this Sunday's FPV (video pilotage) flight, but there were a few technical issues, such as the camera battery running low, so the image turned B&W instead of color. Takeoff was by standard direct view, and the rest of the flight and also the landing were via FPV: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...41165267&hl=en

For next steps, I plan to also do take-offs "under the hood" (in FPV), hopefully sometime in the near future.

My video camera and receiver equipment are bare-bones cheap, so the video quality isn't so great. I am saving up to buy better video equipment for FPV. It is hard to believe anyone could fly a plane with such poor image quality, but with Rick as spotter, I know I won't crash.

Kevin
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
Old Jun 15, 2007, 02:15 PM
Things are looking up...
Orlando, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhines
Here is a video of this Sunday's FPV (video pilotage) flight, but there were a few technical issues, such as the camera battery running low, so the image turned B&W instead of color. Takeoff was by standard direct view, and the rest of the flight and also the landing were via FPV: Kevin
We're getting a better feel for VR with each saved video. Most of the landings look like crashes on the display, but I know this one was one of the smoothest I have seen - a nice long approach at about 5 degrees decent with a smooth flare and slide to stop in about 10 feet. I guess that's just something you'll have to get used to, or have a feel for.

Also cool is the 50 second mark where you see a plane fly by below going right to left. I remember you remarking "hey, there goes a plane". I also remember "we" were trying to stay East of that hornet's nest of planes in the air. That little guy that sped by had broken from that fray and strayed into your path, not the other way around.

I have an inverter for my van, and should be able to hook up my 7 inch DVD player to my video receiver to try flying my Beaver around. I want there to be less traffic to worry about though, and a clear road to take off and land in.

Rick
mechrick is online now Find More Posts by mechrick
Old Jun 15, 2007, 05:47 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,177 Posts
Quote:
We're getting a better feel for VR...
Also cool is the 50 second mark where you see a plane fly by below going right to left. I remember you remarking "hey, there goes a plane". I also remember "we" were trying to stay East of that hornet's nest of planes in the air...
Rick, Next time, I plan to fly nearer the other planes, and to record them from above. I'd also like to eventually chase another (slow) plane (of a willing participant), as it would be fun to do via video, and it would make a nice video recording to post.

Quote:
I have an inverter for my van, and should be able to hook up my 7 inch DVD player to my video receiver to try flying my Beaver around. I want there to be less traffic to worry about though, and a clear road to take off and land in. Rick
Cool, I look forward to seeing how your 7" monitor works out (hopefully better than my 7" monitor which kept experiencing the blue screen of death).

Next time we fly, I'd like to get your feedback regarding my low-to-the-ground wheel setup, as it makes taking off ROG rather a bit more difficult, and with a longer rollout distance, than is necessary, I think. Please see the attached pic of my current wheel setup.

I hope to do an under-the-hood, ROG, FPV takeoff next time we fly.

Kevin
Old Jun 15, 2007, 08:06 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Dec 2004
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhines

Next time we fly, I'd like to get your feedback regarding my low-to-the-ground wheel setup, as it makes taking off ROG rather a bit more difficult, and with a longer rollout distance, than is necessary, I think. Please see the attached pic of my current wheel setup.

I hope to do an under-the-hood, ROG, FPV takeoff next time we fly.

Kevin
Not bad, Kevin. But the higher your landing gear, the higher your tail gets off the pavement, thuis the more AOA you can get when taking off, and therefore the more lift - hence your long run outs. I think you're probably okay though.
BlueAnodizeAl is offline Find More Posts by BlueAnodizeAl
Old Jun 15, 2007, 08:08 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Dec 2004
376 Posts
BTW, Andy and I went to Boggy Creek today, right after rush hour. It was wonderful!

Then it was time to go home and disassemble - clean -and reassembly my twelve year old Honda lawn mower. Fortunately I saved the trip to the mower shop and got her running again.
BlueAnodizeAl is offline Find More Posts by BlueAnodizeAl
Old Jun 15, 2007, 08:52 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAnodizeAl
Not bad, Kevin. But the higher your landing gear, the higher your tail gets off the pavement, thuis the more AOA you can get when taking off, and therefore the more lift - hence your long run outs. I think you're probably okay though.
Mike, Thanks. What you said makes a lot of sense.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old Jun 16, 2007, 05:47 PM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,450 Posts
FOR SALE...E-Flite J-3 CUB 25...

I must part with this beautiful plane to make room at my condo for smaller models. I'm posting on the local threads since my best desire would be to see someone local enjoy flying it.

I'm selling it with the following proven setup:

E-Flite 25 brushless outrunner
E-Flite 40 brushless ESC
Hitec Electron six receiver.(JR shift)
(4) GWS Micro Std servos.
11 X 6 Wood Top Flite prop.

Add your crystal and battery.

I have succesfully flown it with a 2100 3S1P Thunder Power 15C pack. It only pulls 24 amps Wide Open on the ground. However it cruises fine at around 1/2 throttle which is about 9 amps on the ground.

I also detailed the landing gear by adding struts and bungees.

I'll also sell it without the receiver for those using Futaba gear.

If interested send me a PM...

Gerry.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:24 PM
115 inches of 'hog
Joined Aug 2004
2,672 Posts
!!! TROTTER'S PARK WARNING !!!

Just a quick note for anyone who still flies at Trotters. I flew the GWS Beaver tonight in fairly strong winds, as I was leaving at dusk around 8:30 PM, I was admiring the lake at the entrance, thinking I could fly my seaplane there......BAD IDEA !! As I was driving out, a rather LARGE snake was crossing the road 200 feet from the main entrance. I drove up next to it and I am almost positive it was a Florida WATER MOCCASIN !! Unfortunately I did not have my camera. It was about 4 feet long and about 3" wide with a fat body and short tapered tail. It also seemed to have some reflective "dots" or something on the top of its head. So....I know I have been on the water edge retrieving a lost wheel 2 weeks ago, so anyone who may loose a plane in the water BE CAREFUL !! This was at dusk and the snake was coming out to hunt. Chances are you will not see one in the daylight hours.
ScaleBrad is online now Find More Posts by ScaleBrad
Last edited by ScaleBrad; Jun 16, 2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:32 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Gerry,

Nice model and sorry to see that you are downsizing, again

Perhaps you can saw off several inches on each side of the wings to make it a Super Cub, assuming no one buys it.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:02 AM
Things are looking up...
Orlando, Florida
Joined Nov 2004
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleBrad
!!! TROTTER'S PARK WARNING !!!
As I was driving out, a rather LARGE snake was crossing the road 200 feet from the main entrance. I drove up next to it and I am almost positive it was a Florida WATER MOCCASIN !!
Florida flyers have to watch for a variety of reptiles. At Boggy Creek there are a few ponds that we have float flown on (that sounds funny). I have seen a 4 foot gator on the drive in on the East side of Boggy Creek, so I don't doubt there may be one or two around. I never let my two small gator bite-sized dogs out of my sight when I'm out in the field (they mostly stay in the back of the van relaxing with a cool bowl of water).

Water moccasins are very common, and VERY agressive. They will swim right after you. So be careful wading into any water and especially watch the weeds. Also, watch retreiving a downed plane in the palmettos - rattlesnakes. I'm used to traipsing through them quietly and carefully with a long stick, having grown up with them. A had to shush my northern raised wife several times while going deep into some palmettos to retrieve a lost plane last year - she kept yelling at me to be quiet - and all I was wanting was silence so I could listen for movement or a deadly rattle, and my twitching servos.

Stay safe. Four feet long - that's a big one.

Rick
mechrick is online now Find More Posts by mechrick