HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2014, 01:16 PM
Nowa Iwiczna, Poland
Joined Oct 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
Agreed, I don't like the idea of auto land on any craft, but I'm still holding out for RTL, after all it was promise originally and we should not let DJI forget that.

I think so too!
tombrzus is offline Find More Posts by tombrzus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2014, 05:02 PM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
578 Posts
Over in multirotors, there is a new thread about DJI firmware which is actually being responded to by them.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post27630168

I would urge anyone who feels strongly enough about the lack of new firmware/promised features to make their views known over there.

No need for any nastiness, let's ask politely and see if they will reply or at least confirm E.O.L!
jhkiom is offline Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Feb 26, 2014, 07:49 PM
Helicopters
United States, MA, Adams
Joined Oct 2008
457 Posts
if they would only stop for a few months "developing and releasing" new "products".... in parenthasis due to same product , pretty much barely new features and different colored plastic case....and just "update" the firmware to what they have....... well then , guess they wouldn't have something "new" to sell you....hmmmm, not sure were i'm going with this...lol
Airworks is online now Find More Posts by Airworks
Old Feb 27, 2014, 04:12 AM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
578 Posts
Air works is right.

Couldn't have said it better, I was harping on about the very same thing 3 months ago, lol!
jhkiom is offline Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Mar 10, 2014, 06:36 AM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
Guys wondering if anyone can advise on the following, when you go through the setup and complete the cyclic tab and set for example 6.5 deg, why is it that when you exit the setup and have manual mode selected you can archive a lot more than 6.5 deg that was set in the cyclic tab. I get almost 10 deg.
Raptor x50 is offline Find More Posts by Raptor x50
Last edited by Raptor x50; Mar 10, 2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 06:42 AM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2004
802 Posts
It could be that the 6.5 degrees is for what the atti and gps modes are allowed to use.

-Chris
Gymnast is offline Find More Posts by Gymnast
Old Mar 10, 2014, 07:05 AM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
hmmm so i wonder how you set the cyclic pitch for manual mode....
Old Mar 10, 2014, 01:32 PM
Helicopters
United States, MA, Adams
Joined Oct 2008
457 Posts
just like any setting of cyclic, its not the "max" value it can achieve. Its the value it wants to calculate equations based off a parameter. Its like setting a default value for the system to abide by for its "brain" to understand and follow.
you can go a little more or less depending on what you want for stick responce and max's, as i run deep with my setups for max agility and stick responce, some would go standard , and some less depending on what they want out of it.
your daulrates are what you use for how you want it to behave on the sticks.Mixed with expo's. As you would with a beast x set to manual/tx mode..
Airworks is online now Find More Posts by Airworks
Old Mar 12, 2014, 09:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2014
3 Posts
How long multi-axle vehicle will be popular?
wilin is offline Find More Posts by wilin
Last edited by wilin; Mar 13, 2014 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:18 PM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
988 Posts
This might have been discussed before, but I can't find it at the moment.
Is there a way to adjust Gains, Agility or Velocity Tracking through a pot or switch on your transmitter? I know in the NAZA M one can adjust the gains with X1 & X2, but can't seem to find a way with the NAZA H.
gadorey is offline Find More Posts by gadorey
Old Apr 04, 2014, 11:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
scale pitch curve

Hi all, would someone be able to advise the correct way to setup a scale pitch curve once you have completed the initial setup at say+12/0/-12.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:27 AM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor x50 View Post
Hi all, would someone be able to advise the correct way to setup a scale pitch curve once you have completed the initial setup at say+12/0/-12.
I use -1deg at 0 Thr stick, about 6deg at mid and 8 or 9 deg at full. I set my pitch curve so that I have hover at mid stick, and for scale flight 8-9 deg at max is more than enough for me. My pitch curve goes together with a governed throttle curve, straight at about 70%, to achieve a low head speed.

Of-course, it all depends how your powertrain is set up - i.e. motor kv, Lipo, pinion and main gear. For scale flight it is desirable to have a low head speed, and basically it should match a similar pitch curve as described above. However you will have to do fine tuning to get your hover point and max and min pitch where you like it.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 05:44 AM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
so do you just change your pitch curve in the tx and re calibrate the sticks in the software or do you need to adjust the pitch trim in the software as well?
Old Apr 05, 2014, 08:35 AM
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
988 Posts
First I set the head mechanically with 0 deg at mid stick and +/- 11 or 12 deg at the ends. I go through the NAZA H setup with the software using a 0-100% Throttle and Pitch curve. I only limit the max +/- Pitch to say 9.5deg under collective mix in the Mix Tab. If I understand correctly, this is the max pitch available under Atti and GPS modes, so I set it up a bit higher than my pitch curve in manual.

After the NAZA H set up, I get out of it and set my Pitch & Thr curve to what I want in the Tx - in my case, say Thr at a flat 70% governed (I bypass the Naza for my throttle going directly to the Rx) and Pitch at -1, 3, 6, 7, 8 deg. I then go back into the NAZA H software and redo a stick callibration. Not sure if htis does any difference, but some advise to do it.

Then I go fly in Manual Mode and see how she does. It takes me a few trys to get the thr & pitch curve where I like them, which for me is basically getting light on the skids at 1/3 hovering at mid stick, coupled with the lowest head speed possible for my powertrain setup with still enough response for scale flight (how far you go is all a matter of taste and flying style and how much your ESC can take). I also trim her out at this time. Then I go back one final time to the NAZA Software and do one last stick calibration. This should be a starting point at least to get you going.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
thanks Gadorey, will give it a try as you suggest.