HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Oct 2011
93 Posts
Discussion
Floor shooting with a Sony NEX5 16mm pancake

Hi All, Just got going with some aerial photos with my Sony Nex5 and it looks like a hover of 5 feet or 150cm will work perfect for natural ground shots to make a good natural feel to the floor print, ie tarmac shot at full quality on the NEX gives an actual life size print shot at 5 feet using a 16mm pancake lense.

If you shoot using this method the floor will crop perfect as a tile at 2m x 3m (79" x122") we can then seam the tiles together to make any size floor.

If you want to get involved let me know.

Kristian
Kr1st1an is offline Find More Posts by Kr1st1an
Last edited by Kr1st1an; Mar 07, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,936 Posts
>>Hi All, Just got going with some aerial photos with my Sony Nex5 and it looks like a hover of 5 feet or 150cm will work perfect for natural ground shots to make a good natural feel to the floor print, ie tarmac shot at full quality on the NEX gives an actual life size print shot at 5 feet using a 16mm pancake lense. <<

I have no clue what you are trying to do. If I have to hover at 5 feet I will use a tripod instead of something that flies. 5 feet is not aerial photos, that's ground photo.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
>>Hi All, Just got going with some aerial photos with my Sony Nex5 and it looks like a hover of 5 feet or 150cm will work perfect for natural ground shots to make a good natural feel to the floor print, ie tarmac shot at full quality on the NEX gives an actual life size print shot at 5 feet using a 16mm pancake lense. <<

I have no clue what you are trying to do. If I have to hover at 5 feet I will use a tripod instead of something that flies. 5 feet is not aerial photos, that's ground photo.
Agreed some things can be shot off a boom, but trying to shoot stuff that you can't shoot with a boom like over water, etc.
My comments are referring to natural height of objects at that height with a 16mm lense. I also fly higher and get wider distances, all I did on my post is explain my findings with a 16mm lenses on a Sony Nex5.

It may help you understand what I'm trying to achieve if you vist www.floorink.com

Finding a natural heights v's lense being used is one part of my job right now as the lenses changes ie to something like 18-55 etc the altitude will change, so i can only publish my findings is i find them. But natural size is not always what we will be looking for. If a client wants a floor with the streets of where they are based then obviously you would fly at a higher altitude. We have some many variables with the product i can't publish it all.

If you do have any more questions please let me know.

Kristian
Kr1st1an is offline Find More Posts by Kr1st1an
Last edited by Kr1st1an; Mar 09, 2012 at 03:07 AM.