HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:58 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
JaseTheAce's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Discussion
88" Extreme Flight Edge (Maiden video added)

Hi guys, I got an 88" Extreme Flight Edge for Christmas mostly for the King50.
On this thread, anybody that wants to tell me how it flies or anything, that would be perfect. I have an Extreme Flight Yak 110" also, so it would
be great if you could compare it to that to.
Thanks guys!

~Jase
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Last edited by JaseTheAce; Apr 14, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:54 AM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
995 Posts
Jase are you putting a smoke kit on it?
TMAC4123 is offline Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:06 PM
Registered User
r/cdawg's Avatar
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,128 Posts
Hi Jase, glad to see you here on rcgroups. Do you have any build pics to show?
r/cdawg is online now Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:19 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,683 Posts
Hey Jase, Congratulations buddy! I've talked with your father quite a bit on here and it's good to see you here as well!
The 88" EF Edge is one mean machine and you'll love it! I haven't got mine together yet, but am working that way. I love my 110" Yak and really look forward to this one as well! The Edge will fly faster and more aggressively than the Yak and because of the straight leading edge of the wing, it will do things that no other plane can. Everything will be rock solid and stable and it will be almost impossible to stall unless forced.
As I said, I haven't flown mine yet, but these are some of the things that I can say about it. I've got countless hours on my electric EF Edge EXP and this will just be 'that much' better!

What setup are you running? I've got a DA-60 on the way and will be running an ES55G tuned pipe and plan on running a sullivan smoke system.

Congrats again! If you have any questions along the way with the build, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help.
Daniel
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:34 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
JaseTheAce's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyers View Post
Jase are you putting a smoke kit on it?
Probably not to keep it lighter
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:57 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
JaseTheAce's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
Hi Jase, glad to see you here on rcgroups. Do you have any build pics to show?
Not yet, but I'll put them on as soon as I can
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:59 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
JaseTheAce's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Hey Jase, Congratulations buddy! I've talked with your father quite a bit on here and it's good to see you here as well!
The 88" EF Edge is one mean machine and you'll love it! I haven't got mine together yet, but am working that way. I love my 110" Yak and really look forward to this one as well! The Edge will fly faster and more aggressively than the Yak and because of the straight leading edge of the wing, it will do things that no other plane can. Everything will be rock solid and stable and it will be almost impossible to stall unless forced.
As I said, I haven't flown mine yet, but these are some of the things that I can say about it. I've got countless hours on my electric EF Edge EXP and this will just be 'that much' better!

What setup are you running? I've got a DA-60 on the way and will be running an ES55G tuned pipe and plan on running a sullivan smoke system.

Congrats again! If you have any questions along the way with the build, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help.
Daniel
Thanks Daniel,
I also have the DA-60 for it with an RE2 pipe.
Once again thanks for the info Daniel
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:52 PM
Live for Jesus, Fly For Fun
crazyflyin's Avatar
United States, MI
Joined Aug 2008
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
Hi Jase, glad to see you here on rcgroups. Do you have any build pics to show?
Looking forward to some of the build pictures
crazyflyin is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:28 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
JaseTheAce's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Here ya go guys,
I got some build pics of my 88" Extreme Flight Edge 540T on so far of what we've done. We painted the pipe tunnel red and the motorbox blue. Also in the pictures is the 110" Extreme Flight Yak 54
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Last edited by JaseTheAce; Mar 21, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
Team 3DHS
BoneDoc's Avatar
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Very Nice!
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:14 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,683 Posts
Looking good Jase! My schedule is crazy right now, but it's coming along. I plan to paint my pipe tunnel as well and would really appreciate it if you could let me know what paint you used? Seems to match well.
Thank you!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:25 AM
Registered User
r/cdawg's Avatar
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,128 Posts
Great pictures Jase! Looks like it's coming along nicely. Is it going to be ready to do some spring break flying with?
r/cdawg is online now Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:29 PM
Live for Jesus, Fly For Fun
crazyflyin's Avatar
United States, MI
Joined Aug 2008
151 Posts
The Edge is looking good there Jase. Have you fired up the DA-60 yet?
crazyflyin is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
JaseTheAce's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
Great pictures Jase! Looks like it's coming along nicely. Is it going to be ready to do some spring break flying with?
Hopefully
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:40 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
JaseTheAce's Avatar
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyin View Post
The Edge is looking good there Jase. Have you fired up the DA-60 yet?

Nope, were still waiting for a couple of things to fire it up
JaseTheAce is offline Find More Posts by JaseTheAce
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! 88" Extreme Flight Yak 54 1-rc-flyer Giant Electric Planes 6 Sep 02, 2011 02:12 PM
For Sale extreme flight 88" yak wings and stabs cje0114 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 21, 2011 08:15 AM
Question 2.2 sebart vs extreme flight 88" 1-rc-flyer Glow to Electric Conversions 0 Dec 17, 2010 01:51 PM
Sold Extreme Flight 88" yak 50cc BR2200 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 07, 2010 09:54 PM