HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
Yes, if you were using 36awg wire. The hole fits a Molex 1.25mm connector... not exactly something that you can solder easily to. The wire shown in the picture that is soldered to the trace is 28awg!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:40 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,225 Posts
Thanks. In August I will purchase a new module for my Evo and around 6 rx's to start. Then I can sell my Aurora 9 and the Optima rx's I have. The Aurora 9 is an awesome radio, But I miss the Evo. The touch screen is cool, but not needed and the sticks feel about the same. I like the sliders on my Evo much better than on the Aurora. The programming between the two radios is similar, but the Evo still has better glider programming.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:51 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
I got the M-Link support working (no telemetry yet). The only issue I see is backwards compatibility with the pre-v3.30 systems. I am working on that. If I can get this to work correctly, then the updater will include M-Link/telemetry support right from the start.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2011, 07:50 PM
AMA # L576
Joined Sep 2006
2,225 Posts
Cool.
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:15 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,931 Posts
If you can get it working for both pre-V3.3 and new system, the I would be interested in getting one. Also is the module able to make use of the full 16-channel of Pro system?

When will the new lower cost rx be available? Is it gonna have to wait till the new tx is out? In that case, I might as well just get the new tx and unload the old Evo 12 which is still on ver 1.4 or is it 1.5?

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:30 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
I'm confused. I have a v1.26 Evo12 with the the latest XPS module firmware. I would like to see RSSI and rx voltage from a receiver (8 and 10ch only?) that sends that info.

JD, will your recent work in this thread allow me to see that info on the Evo's display?
If not, can I get that data on an external display like the one that was talked about in this thread but not produced yet?
Does the 4 pin header send this info via I2C?

BTW, I just got my Gen1 tx module and 8 ch rx back from a firmware upgrade. Mailed on Friday and came back on Thurs. CT to AZ. Can't beat that for service!
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:58 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
The module does support 16 channels. New receivers will be available not long after we have our FCC issues resolved, which will be around the same time as the release of the new transmitter.

In order to get telemetry on the EVO's display, you would need their v3.3 or later firmware. We would also have to support it.

Yes, our transmitter modules do in fact send the telemetry information to the I2C display if there is one plugged in. We never made a display, if you plug on in their, the data will appear.

We will support the Graupner Smart Box once they have completed the version that lets you run on more than 5v, which is currently being produced.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2011, 09:38 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
That's great. I would like to try this (and void my warranty ). Can you share the I2C signal pinout for the 4 pin connector? It's the one closest to the surface mounted tantalum cap?
Old Jul 02, 2011, 12:49 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
There are two ports on our transmitter modules that use 1.25mm connectors. The telemetry interface port is there. This will change completely once the Smart Boxes are available.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:48 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
There are two ports on our transmitter modules that use 1.25mm connectors. The telemetry interface port is there. This will change completely once the Smart Boxes are available.
Does that mean a different tx module? Or a wireless link to the Smart Box?
Old Jul 02, 2011, 02:24 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
The interface code we are now using for the I2C will go away completely and new code will be added to support the Smart Box (which also runs our code). It will be a serial bus instead of I2C.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:29 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
MLINK success!

OK, I managed to fully emulate the entire MLINK setup exactly as the Multiplex MLink system works. This means that you can put our system into range check mode and binding mode from transmitter itself without having to push the button on our module anymore.

To put the system in range check mode, you hold down the STU7/<O> button and turn on the power. To put the system in binding mode, you hold down the wrench/ABC1 button and turn on the power. This is how the Multiplex system works, so you might already know this.

Telemetry data is supported. You can see the LQI (signal strength) and receiver battery voltage when you go to the telemetry screen if you have programmed your 8 or 10 channel XtremeLink receiver to output telemetry info.

I have an issue with the servo pulse width not matching the Multiplex system. I am working on that. Once that is corrected, I can make an updater. The updater works with firmware 1.x\2.x\3.x and I expect it to work with all future versions as well.

This update does require you to make the extra wire mod if you want the MLink support. Otherwise, it will think its the older system and output PPM like normal. We will come up with a package that will provide that along with the top mount antenna adapter, firmware upgrade, etc. in one package for those that want this option.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:58 PM
AMA # L576
Joined Sep 2006
2,225 Posts
Keeps getting better. Will there be any 6 or 7 channel receivers with telemetry capabilities?
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:17 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,506 Posts
We will have only 6, 9, 12, and 16 channel receivers in the future. Only the the 9, 12, and 16 channel receivers will have telemetry support immediately because they have a telemetry interface. The 6 channel Nano receivers could send back the RSSI (signal strength) but there is no voltage detection capability or a telemetry interface. I don't know that RSSI does much good without all of the other features.

Our current 8 and 10 channel receivers do have telemetry support.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:27 PM
THAT'S WHY
Eastern Ohio
Joined Aug 2004
761 Posts
Sounds promising. It may be time for me to give XPS a second look.
causeitflys is offline Find More Posts by causeitflys