HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
33 Posts
Discussion
Vintage glider winter meeting 2013

Here's a short video of the Dutch vintage glider meeting (gliders over 20 years of age) we held last sunday.

Even though there was snow and sub-zero temperatures (C) several thermal flights were made.

vintage glider treffen 2013 (3 min 7 sec)
Flymax12 is offline Find More Posts by Flymax12
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:40 PM
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
kzimmerm's Avatar
Montrose, NY
Joined May 2003
1,371 Posts
Looks like it was a lot of fun... No snow here in New York.... just a lot of rain and lousy weather. FYI, nice looking Sagitta 900.

Kurt
kzimmerm is online now Find More Posts by kzimmerm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:18 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
GeeW's Avatar
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,463 Posts
Love the pedal powered winch.
I'm sure there was a Graupner Dandy in there as well....good stuff.
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeW View Post
Love the pedal powered winch.
I'm sure there was a Graupner Dandy in there as well....good stuff.
The pedal powered winches are great indeed. The Hast that was featured in the video is extremely sensitive to flutter, but by pedalling very slowly none occured. But I also use it to launch my 3.8 meter Reiher.

Max
Flymax12 is offline Find More Posts by Flymax12
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flymax12 View Post
Here's a short video of the Dutch vintage glider meeting (gliders over 20 years of age) we held last sunday.

Even though there was snow and sub-zero temperatures (C) several thermal flights were made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKpQ...b3GgxnDzleB3dQ
!!!
Flymax12 is offline Find More Posts by Flymax12
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:37 PM
Registered User
cityevader's Avatar
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,818 Posts
Cliff Claven from the TV show "Cheers" flies RC?! (at the 2:05 mark)
Hey! Seems some of those planes were not over 20 years old! (then I remember that my first OlyII was built in 1988-ish!!!) (man I feel old now).

Enough nit-picking!!

I liked the video quality, and the editing, (heck, even liked the music) and the low altitude/speed shots of "walking around" the glider as it's landing (that gull wing was purtier than the Oly) is truly a wonderfully unique perspective I must say.
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader View Post
Cliff Claven from the TV show "Cheers" flies RC?! (at the 2:05 mark)
Hey! Seems some of those planes were not over 20 years old! (then I remember that my first OlyII was built in 1988-ish!!!) (man I feel old now).

Enough nit-picking!!

I liked the video quality, and the editing, (heck, even liked the music) and the low altitude/speed shots of "walking around" the glider as it's landing (that gull wing was purtier than the Oly) is truly a wonderfully unique perspective I must say.
Yeah, and Cliff moved to Holland . I must admit that there are some similarities.

You where right about two planes though, but sometimes people turn up with planes that do not meet the criteria, but on the other hand we do not want to deny them a part of the fun. Some other planes (like the carrera types) seem modern, but are over 30 years, which proves that these planes were ahead of their time!!

Max
Flymax12 is offline Find More Posts by Flymax12
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Dutch vintage glider winter meeting Flymax12 Sailplane Talk 5 Jan 21, 2012 07:29 AM
Video vintage glider meetings in Holland Flymax12 Sailplane Talk 1 Jan 06, 2012 07:34 AM
Discussion Dutch vintage glider meeting Flymax12 Sailplane Talk 12 May 28, 2011 09:38 AM
Full Scale Vintage Glider meet John Gallagher Scale Sailplanes 24 Oct 27, 2005 12:31 PM