HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:11 AM
User
Joined Aug 2007
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ven4enzo View Post
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with mirumod based on arduino nano for Ar Drone 2.0 HW 2.1. I reading topics on the forum here and on site mirumod.tk. My English is not so good to understand some aspects of assembling all together. So, I got some questions:
1. Due to information from mirumod.tk I can use Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter, so does it mean that I can assembly Turnigy 9X8C-V2 8-channel receiver to arduino nano?
Hi ven4enzo,

I just finished bringing up my ArDrone 2 system, so I still remember all the connections. The Turnigy 9X8C-V2 8-channel receiver you linked to looks like it has the standard PWM servo outputs, so it will work with the MiruMod. The important thing for the receiver is that it has the standard PWM servo outputs, and most all normal receivers DO HAVE those PWM servo outputs.

Quote:
If yes, I have another question:
2. Question about wires connection from arduino to receiver. On this scheme from mirumod.tk I see that receiver connected to arduino by 8 wires, am I right? It means that I need to connect only one wire per channel and don't need to connect BATT socket?
That connection diagram shows all the possible connections that are needed between the MiruMod and the receiver, but it does not show any SPECIFIC receiver. The normal receiver servo output pins always have 3 pins for each servo output channel, but you only need to connect the SIGNAL pins to the MiruMod. You need AILERON, ELEVATOR, THROTTLE, and RUDDER and a fifth channel for sending the TAKEOFF and LANDING signal. Of course, your receiver also needs power and ground and the diagram that you linked to shows power and ground being supplied to one of the servo channels on the two additional pins that each servo channel has. It really does not matter which channel you pick to supply the power and ground to, but the receiver must have power to operate.

Quote:
3.At this moment I have only HobbyKing 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx Rx Is it compatible with this mod? Or I should modify something in the scheme?

Thats all for today. But I haven't found information about it. Thanks.
That receiver also has the standard PWM servo output connections, so it will also work with the MiruMode.

The MiruMod is working very well for me, but I have not tested it's maximum range yet. You do need to be careful if you want to run the ArDrone video link with the 2.4GHz radios you mentioned since there is a possibility of both systems trying to operate on the same channel on the 2.4GHz radio band.
DaveS2 is offline Find More Posts by DaveS2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:42 AM
Russia, Saint Petersburg, СПБ
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS2 View Post
You need AILERON, ELEVATOR, THROTTLE, and RUDDER and a fifth channel for sending the TAKEOFF and LANDING signal. Of course, your receiver also needs power and ground and the diagram that you linked to shows power and ground being supplied to one of the servo channels on the two additional pins that each servo channel has. It really does not matter which channel you pick to supply the power and ground to, but the receiver must have power to operate.
Thanks for great answer. Everything (at this moment) became easy =)
If I understand you: I can plug power and ground on BATT socket or ELEVATOR or any other channel. it's no mater were to plug + and GND on receiver.
Thanks again!
ven4enzo is offline Find More Posts by ven4enzo
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:46 AM
XR-4Drone.com
Joined May 2011
334 Posts
maybe this will help you.
dante1 is offline Find More Posts by dante1
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:48 AM
User
Joined Aug 2007
121 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for great answer. Everything (at this moment) became easy =)
If I understand you: I can plug power and ground on BATT socket or ELEVATOR or any other channel. it's no mater were to plug + and GND on receiver.
Thanks again!
Yes, you have it right. On any receiver circuit board that I have seen, all the POWER is on the same circuit and GND is GND is GND is GND.
DaveS2 is offline Find More Posts by DaveS2
Old Sep 09, 2014, 07:18 AM
Russia, Saint Petersburg, СПБ
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
maybe this will help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS2 View Post
Yes, you have it right. On any receiver circuit board that I have seen, all the POWER is on the same circuit and GND is GND is GND is GND.
Thanks a lot!
ven4enzo is offline Find More Posts by ven4enzo
Old Sep 17, 2014, 09:50 PM
Joined Sep 2014
4 Posts
HI Guys,

First thank you for this nice mod, certainly a nice project.

I have assembled the nano to my X8R and wish to verify my value are ok as the PDF mention value in USEC but my value are in PMS.

Here the adjustment I did:
reduced my stick to 80% so I hit 1000 when I reach the end of the stick travel
Reversed my Elev stick so the value is negative when I go left

I performed all the test I found and they are all meet the expected behavior.
here is a printout does this look ok as for the FMS and PMS ?

-RX- f[ms] p[ms] value
AILE 18.0 1.503 0
ELEV 18.0 1.505 0
THRO 18.0 1.093 -1000 CFG1
RUDD 18.0 1.503 0
AUX1 18.0 2.013 -1000 LAND
GEAR 18.0 0.991 -1000

Thanks
Mr_Noob is online now Find More Posts by Mr_Noob
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:24 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Noob View Post
HI Guys,

First thank you for this nice mod, certainly a nice project.

I have assembled the nano to my X8R and wish to verify my value are ok as the PDF mention value in USEC but my value are in PMS.

Here the adjustment I did:
reduced my stick to 80% so I hit 1000 when I reach the end of the stick travel
Reversed my Elev stick so the value is negative when I go left

I performed all the test I found and they are all meet the expected behavior.
here is a printout does this look ok as for the FMS and PMS ?

-RX- f[ms] p[ms] value
AILE 18.0 1.503 0
ELEV 18.0 1.505 0
THRO 18.0 1.093 -1000 CFG1
RUDD 18.0 1.503 0
AUX1 18.0 2.013 -1000 LAND
GEAR 18.0 0.991 -1000

Thanks
Your AUX1 and GEAR look like you have too much gain, the 'standard' pulse width is 1.5ms center, +-0.4ms for the ends, so they should be between 1.1ms and 1.9ms.
Check what happens when you turn off your TX! At least one of the channels should go RED, otherwise you don't have a failsafe setup.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Your AUX1 and GEAR look like you have too much gain, the 'standard' pulse width is 1.5ms center, +-0.4ms for the ends, so they should be between 1.1ms and 1.9ms.
Check what happens when you turn off your TX! At least one of the channels should go RED, otherwise you don't have a failsafe setup.
The failsafe is set to No pulse therefore when the radio is out of range / turn off all channel go red.

adjusted the Pulse, lowered all level to 78%

-RX- f[ms] p[ms] value
AILE 18.0 1.503 0
ELEV 18.0 1.503 0
THRO 18.0 1.103 -990 CFG3
RUDD 18.0 1.504 0
AUX1 18.0 1.902 -1000 LAND
GEAR 18.0 1.103 -984

is it better to have a pulse in the correct limit and not hitting the full 1000 / -1000 or the contrary make sure I reach both 1000 limit but having the pulse a little outside of the accepted range ?

Thanks again
Mr_Noob is online now Find More Posts by Mr_Noob
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:56 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Noob View Post
The failsafe is set to No pulse therefore when the radio is out of range / turn off all channel go red.

adjusted the Pulse, lowered all level to 78%

-RX- f[ms] p[ms] value
AILE 18.0 1.503 0
ELEV 18.0 1.503 0
THRO 18.0 1.103 -990 CFG3
RUDD 18.0 1.504 0
AUX1 18.0 1.902 -1000 LAND
GEAR 18.0 1.103 -984

is it better to have a pulse in the correct limit and not hitting the full 1000 / -1000 or the contrary make sure I reach both 1000 limit but having the pulse a little outside of the accepted range ?

Thanks again
I always try to get it just right, because then one has maximum resolution. However I make sure I can always reach the 1000 for sure and don't stop short.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru