SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:45 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
I have the belt tail HK-450 and I'm very impressed with the machine. Main gear should be replaced right off the bat and get different main rotor blades. I got it for $35 plus shipping.

Blessings,

Jay
Paging Mr. Jay....... I say Paging Mr. Jay

Having the the 450 Pro like Chopper and having had the same problem, you can take those pesky main gears that are wavie like a potatoe chip and "boil" them! Then let them cool.........most times they straighten out and stay that way!

http://www.valuehobby.com/products.php?category_id=46

http://www.leaderhobby.com/

OUT
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
Paging Mr. Jay....... I say Paging Mr. Jay

Having the the 450 Pro like Chopper and having had the same problem, you can take those pesky main gears that are wavie like a potatoe chip and "boil" them! Then let them cool.........most times they straighten out and stay that way!

http://www.valuehobby.com/products.php?category_id=46

http://www.leaderhobby.com/

OUT
I have the EXI version of the torque tube 450. A rigid tail skid that keeps the tail blades out of the grass or dirt is a must. I have over 50 flights on mine, two sets of gears to date, and one set was a crash replacement. On a heavy scale fuse, the torque tube will NOT slip like a belt when you crank in hard rudder.....very positive response.

I got my motor in today (4400kv). Kind'a strange, I had to put spacers between the motor and where it mounts to the heli.The shaft on this motor is a touch LONGER, and the diameter is bigger around. I haven't noticed a "super" improvement over the 3800kv, but there is an improvement and raw punch out power is very noticable....no bogging at all under the 3000/30c battery. Now I need to get it out door.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:57 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Return

GREETINGS Y'all

my PC is back in the house, working (after a fashion). The hit it took from a TrojanHorse was major and the necessary fixes were just as major. As a result I have a brand new system that is now "basically" working. Each individual component has to be "reset" , passwords need re-worked, the whole thing is a major project for which I have no patience so it goes rather slow.
I had a conversation with the tech. who spent the greater part of yesterday here in the house : I am considering living the rest of my life WITHOUT a computer, it seems to me that the coveniences are far outweighed by the threats, shutdowns, attacks that these system have to go through. I have been hit TWICE with Identity Theft. The first one for 13K $ took months of work, and now this.....
So I may revert to the simpler life : paying my bills with a cheque and mailing in an envelope, with a stamp.
JUST TIRED, I GUESS..... I don't much like the world, the way it is now.
the major oral surgery I went through last Monday doesn't improve my spirit too much, either.
vented : moving on :

RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:14 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Hey Rick! You ain't going to go anywhere on us! Remember, when life gives you lemons, make some lemonade! Glad you are back on line and visiting here. With your PC, just be SURE you are running a firewall and an anti virus program. Also, stay away from sites you aren't familiar with and you will be fine!

You are an inspiration, Rick and it's great to see youback on line!

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:43 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...you have a way of attracting TROUBLE. Hang in there, life has it's ups and downs...mine too is on a DOWN right now.....at the total down side of a sine wave....so soon I should start the upward trend. This hasen't been exactly a stellar year for ANY of us by a stretch, but Jay got a kiss of luck with the employment thing, I'm thrilled for him. I'm sure if he was off work much longer, his wife would have dumped him in a dark swamp someplace

I got my new battery AND new motor yesterday for the helicopter. Last night I took it out to hover in the dark. The tail was indexing BADLY back and forth and I know it means either servo or gyro I bench tested today, it's gyro for sure. Now I'm gonna order a GY48 from heli direct, I think the GY401B's are trash now....Even the E-Sky headlocking gyro is better than a GY401B anymore. Still working on the 1/4 scale each day. The cabane struts are comming out great now, they should be completed by Friday. Need to order hinges and start installing servos, flight control surfaces and what not. I'm moving as fast as I can....which isn't FAST.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:58 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,208 Posts
Rick

If you ever need computer help let me know and Ill try to help. Remote access is also a option for helping. Also if your biggest problem is getting alot of viruses and spyware a Apple iMac might be a better computing solution.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:28 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Rick

If you ever need computer help let me know and Ill try to help. Remote access is also a option for helping. Also if your biggest problem is getting alot of viruses and spyware a Apple iMac might be a better computing solution.
My brother in law bought an Apple. A little more pricy BUT way more secure and runs faster than a windows based IBM clones. I've found using firewall and using medium high security is the most effective. I have any file/printer sharing turned off as well, no files are marked as share files.....I dont have any problems at all other than hardware failing because of age. I finally got an upgraded desktop with a modern monitor, so the laptop is back upstairs connected to the desktop in the basement for internet. I finally have computers in the house made after 2005...LMAO.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:13 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
My brother in law bought an Apple. A little more pricy BUT way more secure and runs faster than a windows based IBM clones. I've found using firewall and using medium high security is the most effective. I have any file/printer sharing turned off as well, no files are marked as share files.....I dont have any problems at all other than hardware failing because of age. I finally got an upgraded desktop with a modern monitor, so the laptop is back upstairs connected to the desktop in the basement for internet. I finally have computers in the house made after 2005...LMAO.
Yeah Apple is good for afew things and one is that its not bothered by all the extra junk that somehow gets on the machine when browsing/downloading like toolbars and other Firewalls will not prevent spyware. Mac's are also easier for the average person to use.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:25 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey Rick,
Good to have you back. You are running a good virus protection program, right?

I have Trendmicro's PCillian. I think I upgrade once a year for $50 but I have never had any problems with viruses. My Dad uses AVG which is a free download.

The scaler itch grows stronger with every drop in temperature degree

God Bless BOB's!

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:33 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Hi Guys, I have been working on a project that I will show you on completion.

In Heli news I got the training gear today, so the T-Rex is back in play. And we just started a 4 day winter storm. I figure I can use the time to work on plane wrecks. I just had a thought, if I am using this training gear, can I leave my portable LZ on the porch?

Back to the lab.

Fern
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Hey Rick,
Good to have you back. You are running a good virus protection program, right?

I have Trendmicro's PCillian. I think I upgrade once a year for $50 but I have never had any problems with viruses. My Dad uses AVG which is a free download.

The scaler itch grows stronger with every drop in temperature degree

God Bless BOB's!

Jay
If you feel FROGGY.....JUMP....LMAO
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:43 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Hi ya Rick,

Sorry about the trip to the dentist and all. Hard telling which is worse, going to the dentist or having computer problems. Computer problems can give you headaches for weeks on end. About a year ago, I had so much trouble with my computer, I threw it in the trash and got an e-machine from Wal-mart for $298, End of headache. I don't need one of those fancy ones, I just browse forums, doing banking and store pictures. Worst case scenerio, if you decide to dump your computer next go around, just go to the local library and use theirs, it's free.

Glad to see your back.. Now just get youself a nice glass of wine, and a piece of cheese and listen to your favorite music. I'm a Mozart and Gershiwn kinda guy. Never liked the rap crap.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:42 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Final

decision time : I am one phone call away from CANCELLING my TV service, the Internet connection and the PHONE LAND LINE. I will keep the Crickett local cell-fone and be free from all this newfangled load of crap that is forced on me : = $$$ .... total Xpense: $ 36.00 for a fone connection that I NEVER USE !
I am at a point where I cannot stand the whole world the way it is.
Books are good enough for my entertainment.
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:18 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
decision time : I am one phone call away from CANCELLING my TV service, the Internet connection and the PHONE LAND LINE. I will keep the Crickett local cell-fone and be free from all this newfangled load of crap that is forced on me : = $$$ .... total Xpense: $ 36.00 for a fone connection that I NEVER USE !
But you'd be missed greatly in our world. There are still many ways to be connected to the internet without the virus attacks.

God Bless You Rick.

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Nov 18, 2010, 09:38 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
Rick,

Sometimes it's just best to walk away from a situation for awhile, to give you time to regroup and reconsider. Happens to all of us from time to time.

As mentioned in my earlier post, go to the library and use their internet and let them get the virus. LMAO! Your paying for it with your tax dollars anyways.

Love ya Rick, and God Bless,

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule