HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2014, 08:35 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
My Huey is box stock RTF HH had on close out. I had it going but my area was to small for this heli. Damaged body at tail section but repaired. I been flying Mcp-x's/ Nano CP-X and sidelined this for awhile. Stock TX, but will use DX6i.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2014, 03:17 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
We will monitor the feedback on this issue. We do not have one in the works, and even if we decided to do one, it would take quite a long time. We have data on many of these issues, and we remain pretty concerned about the number of customers that would be happy, in proportion to those who may be frustrated or have problems. (We have also marketed PNP's in the past, and we know the interest levels in those as well). We do want to have a very high ratio of ALL of our customers happy, successful, and also to limit our returns....

We realize that there are SOME customers that would do well with a BNF, but is it enough (in proportion in this class/complexity).

David
Responding here to a very old post. I purchased the Blade SR for many of the reasons that the manufacturer intended. I find it incredible that a company would turn down sales to potential customers based on their intent on how the product would be used or who the customer is. So a 10 year CP heli mater wants a Blade SR, should he have to purchase a Tx to own and fly this heli? What if he just wants it to demonstrate flight characteristics to newbies and give them a go at the controls.

Since when does the comany care how the end user uses their product as long as they are buying it and are happy with it? It fully ignores the fact that they will never have any control over how the end customer uses their product no matter what they do.
dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:52 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
The Blade SR was sold with special programed TX. Heli was so bad that they had to do weird things to gert it to fly. It was sold as begginers heli and so far off base its a joke. Why it sold is price for RTF was cheaper than anybody had at that time. They di fly but bird is very unstable and fragile. The Huey is same heli but different tail mount. Body is egg shell and breaks at slightest hit.
I ws amazed at how they sold Huey at the end for $99.95, but kept SR at $129.95. the H

Right now they sell Nano CP-X bnf for $119.95/ but you can get Nano CP-X RTF for the same price !! uey sold for more before the big HH sale for $119.95. The RTF comes with DX4e TX. The reason is when N CP-X was $99.95 nobody wanted the RTF.
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:00 AM
Meridian, MS
Joined Apr 2007
180 Posts
I have an SR that I bought and fixed up. If I could get the tail to lock in it would be ok I think. I don't see anything that would require "weird" things to make it fly...looks like a pretty standard CCPM head to me, just a good bit of softness to try and dull it down a bit for beginners.

Actually the tail stabilizes somewhat once it is in the air, but it is liable to go in any direction on take off.

It is a shame they didn't put a decent tail drive system on it IMO any direct motor tail that depends on a 2 in 1, 3 in 1 etc. with a critical proportional mix setting is sub par and shouldn't be on a cp helicopter past maybe the 100 size stuff. It seems to me as the motor wears and weakens this is going to have to be constantly adjusted. I have a 100 size cp with a small brushed tail motor and it works fine, but it doesn't have user adjustments for mix other than the normal trim on the transmitter which stays right around the center click.
jimw1956 is offline Find More Posts by jimw1956
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:07 AM
United States, TX, Southlake
Joined Nov 2013
121 Posts
get a brushless tail motor and you will be good
Luketheman9 is offline Find More Posts by Luketheman9
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:48 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
The SR does fly and many had problems. . The TX had to be modified to work the heli. That is all done by Blade. Bird is fragile and tail was big problem. Plus it was sold as begginer c/p. some had no problems/ some did. If you like heli good for you. Design is old and now disc.
I bought UH-1 Huey for simple fact it was scale bird RTF for $99.95. I consider it worst flying c/p I own. Not really fair as most a newer FBL birds. Anyway those who like it fine.
Huey looks cool flying detail is pretty good. Plastic is very thin and weak. One nice thing if you can fly this a FBL heli is easy.
Old Sep 04, 2014, 10:44 PM
Meridian, MS
Joined Apr 2007
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luketheman9 View Post
get a brushless tail motor and you will be good
I've researched that a bit but I'm not sure what I need and how to hook it up. I realize I have to have the motor and a seperate esc for it. I'm using the stock transmitter right now. How would I connect the brushless esc to the gyro? Unplug the current plug and plug it in directly?
jimw1956 is offline Find More Posts by jimw1956
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:53 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
FWIW I has flying my UH-1 SR Huey and added some weight to nose 28g. anyway this helped but tail kept kicking out. I checked tail blade and it was not secure on shaft. Bolt was tight but blade could spin to easy on shaft. Lock washed took care of this.
Last edited by dankar04; Sep 13, 2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: updated.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 01:41 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
I just gave this a test flight. Tail motor works hard on this heli. After putting lock washer to hold blade, bird handles way better. I was able to control it in tight space. All this time it was loose on shaft tail blade. Tail motor was very warm but not hot. I used stick on weight from H/S and they hold fine onto front of battery. Hey darn Huey was fun to fly..looks great flying.

I read someone reversed tail blade, don't do it. It doesn't work. Maybe on SR but mine is huey SR. I assume they are same. only diff is body and tail holder.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 09:55 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
UH-1 Huey by Blade/ SR / Blade SR Tail update

I only post this as maybe others having tail issues with either bird. Check and see if tail blade is solid in mount. If i held collar blade could move easy . It should not and what happens is blade spins on shaft not giving full power. My Huey bobbles around a little but once you get in grove I was able to fly in tighjt space.
Point I was in control not the Heli. I bet this is reason for burn out tail motors..
I just made a small mini heat sink to fill open area not covered by heat sink on motor as it came. This will not be a big upgrade but shoud help a little. I used small lock washer to bolt under regular washer.

I made a bigger similar heat sink for esc on my V450D01 V2. It helps reduce temps. Soft aluminum wire folded to fit in layers. Zip ties to hold in place.