New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by leadfeather
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
10,162 Posts
The slope was small, the wind was crossed, the lift wasn't great, it was a bit bumpy. Normally this would be whining or complaining or excuses; but not this time. Despite the less than ideal conditions, I had some very enjoyable, low energy, low anxiety aerobatic flying. This project is coming to the point I had hope it would in the beginning.

Fusion V3 (4 min 13 sec)
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Diceman89
Ultrabatics enthusiast
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
1,413 Posts
Leadfeather, you and I see eye to eye everytime you type low anxiety aerobatic flying. My favorite flying! Lol.
Diceman89 is online now Find More Posts by Diceman89
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:11 AM
Find More Posts by andrewwl
ridin' on seabreeze
United States, FL, Melbourne Beach
Joined Apr 2013
50 Posts
Wow! So floaty! There's no good indication of the wind speed here, did you take a measurement? Any plans to un-fix the rudder?
andrewwl is offline Find More Posts by andrewwl
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:30 AM
Find More Posts by Diceman89
Ultrabatics enthusiast
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
1,413 Posts
Here is a video of me low anxiety aerobatics as Leadfeather said. Thought you might like it. Shot with a Gopro so sorry if it looks so far away. Love this type of flying. Cannot wait to make a video with a fusion.

This is the site behind my house. About a 14 minute hike up.

Mars Flying 10-2014 (3 min 33 sec)
Diceman89 is online now Find More Posts by Diceman89
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:32 AM
Find More Posts by Michael V
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2012
816 Posts
Dan, NICE! 2mph sloping on a 2ft berm in Kansas!, there must be some record for that!
Michael V is offline Find More Posts by Michael V
Old Jun 24, 2015, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by leadfeather
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
10,162 Posts
Dice, Nice flying so close to your home, that's great!

Andrew, My best guess at wind speed was about 5 or 6 average with lulls to almost notheing and gusts to about 9 or 10 mph. If you look at the gliders drift in the first flip you can see the wind speed is very low.

The top rudder is all flying. I didn't use rudder much in these few minutes of flying, but I did use it for the spin at the 2:30 mark in the video. I've tried a few different rudder set ups since the beggiing of this project; my personal favorite for effectiveness + durability is all flying rudder top, lower portion is fixed as a skid.

Michael, Ha! There would probably be a record for that if I could really soar a 2 foot berm in 2 mph wind.
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather