New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Find More Posts by mupepe
Joined May 2015
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingPete View Post
So you're saying you left the Tx trim where it was?
Yes
mupepe is online now Find More Posts by mupepe
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
Joined May 2015
96 Posts
Nvm. That didn't work like I thought. Started it just up and it drifted like crazy now in the direction I left the trim. I suck at this haha I'm guessing I do recenter. I think I will do these calibrations in my living room. The wind outside messes with it I think.
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by TooTall
victim of the system
Home of the Toledo RC show
Joined Jul 2003
2,548 Posts
Do the servo calibration with all trims in center and all sub trims in center ..follow step 15 ..move your servo arm 1 and 1 spline only . not enough to make it perpendicular ..after moving it 1 spline , do the calibration again ..if it still isn't correct , repeat ..move the arm 1 spline and calibrate .This may or may not be a 1 step procedure ..when you are satisfied with your servo calibration , then yes do a full trim flight in beginner mode @ 100% dual rate .. I have done this inside if the wind is blowing ..Inside helps if you have an area large enough you are not getting pushed around by rotor wash ..even if you are try to get into that steady hover and hold it best you can there ..slight inputs will not bother the procedure ..just don't be chasing the heli , 31 seconds shouldn't be that difficult . ..you don't suck at it ..hell you just got the new DX and new to using it with the 200 srx .. adjust hover a pack or 3 .. rinse and repeat till you like what works for you ..when you hovering indoors ..do it till you sick of it and do it some more ..get those orientations down ..Opps ..sorry ...been working with my grandaughter ..she moved up from CX2 to a v911 I gave her ..she knows I bought this 200 for her , but I have to figure it out first ..LOL . good luck and enjoy.
TooTall is online now Find More Posts by TooTall
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,548 Posts
step 15 .
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwizard View Post
Thank you.. Yes I have set to zero.. And every other number there is.. Changes really don't make much difference.. Other than how tight the heli feels

No zip ties

New main shaft and bearings...

Blades balanced

Lynx dampers

I have not changed the main gear.. So really gave not played with the gear mesh.. But it runs smooth.. Ill double check that..

Have not spun up just the tail... But I'll double check that... But it us a new rail motor and the black heavy duty blade..

Oh and stick blade grips are loose the blades move pretty freely in them

The rakon grips were tight.. I had to lightly sand the blades and balance them to get good smooth action
What mode are you doing this in , beginner dual rates high / low ..intermediate dual rates high / low .. or experienced mode dual rates high / low ..I don't think anyone has asked this question ..I have found in different modes , rates and calibrations I can get shakes , wobbles, most are like yours , fore to aft ..like a rocking horse so to say ..I am trying to dial it in for my grandaughter as she move up through the ranks ..my best flying experience is experienced mode , full rates 100% and throttle at 150 % ...I have tried 8 degree blades . and changed back to 6 degree for the time trying to find something comfortable for her . To sum it up .. the dual esc . mod was what I felt something that had to be done. from there I have spent a lot of time trying to find solutions and find a sweet spot ..Seems to me she is going to have to better herself on lower rates and calibrations which is aggravating because it does seem to wobble on some of the beginner to intermediate settings or she is going to learn with it all turned up and hope I don't have too many repair bills
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
Joined May 2015
96 Posts
Thanks! I did just that. I did the servo adjustment a day or two ago and I just did my trim flight indoors and then did some tweaks with the tx trim. It is so much better now.

But quick question, when they say it should stay in place do they mean it should literally sit in one spot in the air and for an indefinite amount of time not move unless I give tx input? Because it will do it for about 5-10 seconds and then slowly, very slowly move in another direction. I mean, its miles better than before where it would shoot off immediately. But I don't know if its ever possible to get the truly never moving hover and continuing to try is in vain.
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
Do the servo calibration with all trims in center and all sub trims in center ..follow step 15 ..move your servo arm 1 and 1 spline only . not enough to make it perpendicular ..after moving it 1 spline , do the calibration again ..if it still isn't correct , repeat ..move the arm 1 spline and calibrate .This may or may not be a 1 step procedure ..when you are satisfied with your servo calibration , then yes do a full trim flight in beginner mode @ 100% dual rate .. I have done this inside if the wind is blowing ..Inside helps if you have an area large enough you are not getting pushed around by rotor wash ..even if you are try to get into that steady hover and hold it best you can there ..slight inputs will not bother the procedure ..just don't be chasing the heli , 31 seconds shouldn't be that difficult . ..you don't suck at it ..hell you just got the new DX and new to using it with the 200 srx .. adjust hover a pack or 3 .. rinse and repeat till you like what works for you ..when you hovering indoors ..do it till you sick of it and do it some more ..get those orientations down ..Opps ..sorry ...been working with my grandaughter ..she moved up from CX2 to a v911 I gave her ..she knows I bought this 200 for her , but I have to figure it out first ..LOL . good luck and enjoy.
...I should have said continue on in the steps ..when you get the servo arms perpendicular , then adjust your linkages to level the swashplate with a 1 to 2 degree slant to the rear ..
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mupepe View Post
Thanks! I did just that. I did the servo adjustment a day or two ago and I just did my trim flight indoors and then did some tweaks with the tx trim. It is so much better now.

But quick question, when they say it should stay in place do they mean it should literally sit in one spot in the air and for an indefinite amount of time not move unless I give tx input? Because it will do it for about 5-10 seconds and then slowly, very slowly move in another direction. I mean, its miles better than before where it would shoot off immediately. But I don't know if its ever possible to get the truly never moving hover and continuing to try is in vain.
5 to 10 seconds is good ...even if it drifts slightly without too much input I would say you are close as you can get ..what you have now will make it easier to learn your orientations. .It seems like a long and painful thing and that is exactly what it is ..you don't buy it today and fly it tomorrow ..You have learned a lot in the past weeks.. good luck and enjoy
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,548 Posts
Thanks! I did just that. I did the servo adjustment a day or two ago and I just did my trim flight indoors and then did some tweaks with the tx trim. It is so much better now. ..
Last edited by TooTall; Yesterday at 09:32 PM. Reason: wrong post
Old Today, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2015
96 Posts
Thanks! You guys have been awesome. I'd be so lost without you guys and this thread
Old Today, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by metalwizard
United States, UT, Hurricane
Joined Aug 2012
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
What mode are you doing this in , beginner dual rates high / low ..intermediate dual rates high / low .. or experienced mode dual rates high / low ..I don't think anyone has asked this question ..I have found in different modes , rates and calibrations I can get shakes , wobbles, most are like yours , fore to aft ..like a rocking horse so to say ..I am trying to dial it in for my grandaughter as she move up through the ranks ..my best flying experience is experienced mode , full rates 100% and throttle at 150 % ...I have tried 8 degree blades . and changed back to 6 degree for the time trying to find something comfortable for her . To sum it up .. the dual esc . mod was what I felt something that had to be done. from there I have spent a lot of time trying to find solutions and find a sweet spot ..Seems to me she is going to have to better herself on lower rates and calibrations which is aggravating because it does seem to wobble on some of the beginner to intermediate settings or she is going to learn with it all turned up and hope I don't have too many repair bills

I mostly fly in expert mode high rates.. but I have tried the other modes to see if it makes any difference.. I dont recall there being a difference. but in low rates and modes its harder to keep a handle on
metalwizard is offline Find More Posts by metalwizard