Same link I just posted
rocket_33 is online now Find More Posts by rocket_33
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2015, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by DamonH
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
4,408 Posts
Actually, its a rapid flash that indicates 0 gain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chascall View Post
Unfortunately, it is not easy to determine what the gains are currently set at. What I basically do is to set until I hit a limit (+10, 0 or -10), and then set from there. So to explain another way, you can tell whether you are in a positive gain or a negative gain by the nature of the flashing, then what I do is (assuming a positive gain) bump the aileron stick to the left, counting the number of bumps required, until I get to zero gain (steady light, no flash). Then I set it back where it was by going the same number of bumps back to the right.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Mar 17, 2015, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by DamonH
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
4,408 Posts
LOL, you must have posted while I was posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33 View Post
Same link I just posted
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by carbow
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2012
448 Posts
thank you

Some old guys make it difficult in learning new programs and I am one of them. Thanks to all of you for your patience's and direction. DH-88 AR635 now set.
carbow is offline Find More Posts by carbow
Old Apr 08, 2015, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by Hugh Shiel
United Kingdom, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2013
34 Posts
Nearly there...... E Flight Albatros DVA
Hi, after several false starts reading and re-reading of this forum, manuals etc. I have got by AR635 up and running in the above aircraft..ish!!
The only thing that isn't working properly is the left aileron...hmmmmmm All of the sense direction, gain etc. etc have been set as per the the instruction plus help from this forum and rudder , elevator and right aileron work fine but left one just doesn't respond.
So, if I give the airframe a jerk roll to the left the right aileron comes up with corresponding less movement, (Tx set differential) of the left aileron going down..... all good so far...
but if I give a jerk roll to the right the left aileron doesn't move and the right aileron doesn't seem to move much, if at all.
Now, I'm guessing this is all to do with the fact that I've set dual aileron in the acro set up but as this model has a separate servo in each wing this is what I require.
Your thoughts Andy et al will be greatly appreciated. With such a prestige model I really want to get this right before committing aviation!!
Hugh Shiel is offline Find More Posts by Hugh Shiel
Old Apr 08, 2015, 09:16 AM
Joined Dec 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Shiel View Post
Nearly there...... E Flight Albatros DVA
Hi, after several false starts reading and re-reading of this forum, manuals etc. I have got by AR635 up and running in the above aircraft..ish!!
The only thing that isn't working properly is the left aileron...hmmmmmm All of the sense direction, gain etc. etc have been set as per the the instruction plus help from this forum and rudder , elevator and right aileron work fine but left one just doesn't respond.
So, if I give the airframe a jerk roll to the left the right aileron comes up with corresponding less movement, (Tx set differential) of the left aileron going down..... all good so far...
but if I give a jerk roll to the right the left aileron doesn't move and the right aileron doesn't seem to move much, if at all.
Now, I'm guessing this is all to do with the fact that I've set dual aileron in the acro set up but as this model has a separate servo in each wing this is what I require.
Your thoughts Andy et al will be greatly appreciated. With such a prestige model I really want to get this right before committing aviation!!
P.S. All control surfaces work correctly in the correct direction and with appropriate differential from the transmitter....
Old Apr 08, 2015, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by BluIIs
O'Fallon, Mo.
Joined Apr 2010
655 Posts
Hugh, I think the problem is you are trying to set up your AC with dual aileron and differential. Page eight (8) of the manual states that AR635 does not support that setup and a y-harness must be used to link the aileron servos to the aileron channel.
So if you right aileron is plugged to Ail channel the AS3X is reacting as expected, but the left aileron servo is in Aux and does not react to your jerk-roll.
BluIIs is offline Find More Posts by BluIIs
Old Apr 08, 2015, 07:05 PM
Joined Dec 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluIIs View Post
Hugh, I think the problem is you are trying to set up your AC with dual aileron and differential. Page eight (8) of the manual states that AR635 does not support that setup and a y-harness must be used to link the aileron servos to the aileron channel.
So if you right aileron is plugged to Ail channel the AS3X is reacting as expected, but the left aileron servo is in Aux and does not react to your jerk-roll.
Ahhh, now I see I suspected that may be the problem, seems a bit strange though to have produced such a high tech gizmo and yet it can't work with duel ailerons which I'm guessing a lot of us prefer due to computer Txs and the ability to alter sub trims etc. on individual aileron servos. anyone know a work around?
Old Apr 09, 2015, 05:09 AM
Joined Dec 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Shiel View Post
Ahhh, now I see I suspected that may be the problem, seems a bit strange though to have produced such a high tech gizmo and yet it can't work with duel ailerons which I'm guessing a lot of us prefer due to computer Txs and the ability to alter sub trims etc. on individual aileron servos. anyone know a work around?
Ok, that's resolved it, changed wing type to 'Normal' and used a 'Y' lead on ailerons and all working now.
Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:44 AM
Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Registered Crasher
United States, NJ, Lincoln Park
Joined Apr 2005
106 Posts
Hello all!

I just want to double check my idea is correct before I go messing with the settings in my BNF aircraft. (E-flite Splendor)

It is my understanding that when the 635 is in sport mode there are no dual rates built into the software. In sport mode, switching between flight modes (Channel 5) just changes between the two preset gains.

My goal is to use one switch to turn on and off the gyros and another switch to adjust dual rates. I will be setting the gains low so even when the gains are on there is no high speed oscillation. (Perhaps I can use the default precision mode gains as my starting point.)

Please someone tell me if I am correct. I have done about three hours reading through this thread and the receiver manual and have not found a definitive answer to this.

Thank you all!
Will
RC_Kid is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:46 AM
Find More Posts by Chascall
Hay Pilot
United States, TX, Fayetteville
Joined Mar 2013
440 Posts
It is my opinion you are correct. I have a couple of planes set that way for the same reason you stated.
Chascall is online now Find More Posts by Chascall
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by DaddyBigas
Need less hobbies, more toys
United States, AR
Joined Oct 2013
2,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Kid View Post
Hello all!

I just want to double check my idea is correct before I go messing with the settings in my BNF aircraft. (E-flite Splendor)

It is my understanding that when the 635 is in sport mode there are no dual rates built into the software. In sport mode, switching between flight modes (Channel 5) just changes between the two preset gains.

My goal is to use one switch to turn on and off the gyros and another switch to adjust dual rates. I will be setting the gains low so even when the gains are on there is no high speed oscillation. (Perhaps I can use the default precision mode gains as my starting point.)

Please someone tell me if I am correct. I have done about three hours reading through this thread and the receiver manual and have not found a definitive answer to this.

Thank you all!

Will

You are correct. You might want to check out the AR635 primer in my blog. Sounds like you have a solid grasp to me.
DaddyBigas is online now Find More Posts by DaddyBigas
Old Apr 16, 2015, 07:51 AM
Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Registered Crasher
United States, NJ, Lincoln Park
Joined Apr 2005
106 Posts
Thank you both for your answers! I will get to setting up my receiver as soon as I get my batteries.

Will
RC_Kid is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kid