SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sleepyc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 01, 2015, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by DeadLeaves
FPV noob
Australia, NSW, Bywong
Joined Oct 2011
57 Posts
Show and Tell: Robugtix T8X Robot Spider! (4 min 13 sec)
DeadLeaves is offline Find More Posts by DeadLeaves
Old Aug 09, 2015, 04:09 AM
Find More Posts by jrwperformance
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2011
109 Posts
Anyone else get theirs? Mine says it was accepted at the Hong Kong post on the 8th. How long did the standard shipping take for anyone else?
jrwperformance is offline Find More Posts by jrwperformance
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by HarrierFan
United States, PA, Pennsburg
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwperformance View Post
Anyone else get theirs? Mine says it was accepted at the Hong Kong post on the 8th. How long did the standard shipping take for anyone else?
mine came in just a week
HarrierFan is offline Find More Posts by HarrierFan
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by vvatts
Joined Aug 2015
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrierFan View Post
Battery is 4.8V 1600mAh Ni-MH 4s AA size with standard three pin plug only using two pins.

Yes, the charge port is on the bottom of the bug along with the power switch. It is DC in of course.
Could you please weigh the battery pack and report back?

I'd like to get some LSD nimh packs with a bit higher capacity but I don't want to increase the weight.

Also, did the package include a warranty statement?

Their blog post indicates the warranty is void if you use other battery chemistries but I didn't find any details of a warranty on their site.

http://blog.robugtix.com/?p=57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robugtix
The main advantage of using Lithium type batteries instead of Nickel batteries is the lighter weight. While it is still possible to power the robot with a light weight LiPo battery (after making sure it meets the voltage requirements of the robot) recharging with the built-in charger must not be allowed to occur under these circumstances (do not plug in the power adapter into the T8X robot if a LiPo battery is connected to the T8X). The built-in battery charger inside the T8X was designed to safely and efficiently recharge NiMH batteries only. Using the built-in NiMH charger to charge a LiPo battery is dangerous so a separate LiPo compatible external charger must be used instead. Safety is our top priority, so unless there is a special research purpose requirement, we recommend that you stick to NiMH batteries on the T8X to avoid possible accidents. Warranty will be voided if battery types other than NiMH are used.
vvatts is offline Find More Posts by vvatts
Old Aug 13, 2015, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by muscleflex
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
2,054 Posts
When they first had the preorder, I emailed them about lipo batteries and they said they decided to go fo nimh because of shipping regulations. The esc will be able to take lipo - as long as you watch out for discharge levels.

Let me dig out the email if I still have it.
muscleflex is online now Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Aug 15, 2015, 02:52 AM
FPV noob
Australia, NSW, Bywong
Joined Oct 2011
57 Posts
Just got my confirmation email from Robugtix!

She's almost on the way!
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by vvatts
Joined Aug 2015
0 Posts
Quote:
HF, thanks for the controller introduction video.

Even if there wasn't an obvious way to add a new user script, can you edit the ones that are there?

As for the firmware upgrade, that setup is typical for updating firmware on an internet router. Here's the first example of instructions google showed me: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/de...mware-manually

Basically, you would download a new firmware file from Robugtix' website and save it somewhere on your computer. Then you would power up the T8x and connect to it's wifi, open up the browser, go to that firmware upgrade link and browse to the file on your computer. Your internet browser uploads the file to the T8X and it then should double check that it looks like a proper and complete firmware file before it initiates the upgrade process which may take a few minutes. I'm sure you'd want to do it on a freshly charged battery.

It's kind of strange if you're not familiar with the process and don't have instructions but it's not too hard. I'm sure there will be instructions posted alongside any firmware files, whenever the first upgrade is published.
vvatts is offline Find More Posts by vvatts
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by jrwperformance
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Nov 2011
109 Posts
Finally got mine. The standard shipping I guess is not too bad. The tracking info you get is confusing and vague until it actually gets to your city.

I swear,I thought they sent an empty box! It's really light! And the spider is bigger than I thought.

When I first pulled the spider out the front left leg seemed to flop to the side and moved on its own. It felt like stripped out servo gears. But I fired it up and all seems OK...kind of weird. It connected to my phone after about a minute or so. The controls work well.

I'm hoping to figure out the custom scripts soon.
jrwperformance is offline Find More Posts by jrwperformance
Old Aug 23, 2015, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by muscleflex
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
2,054 Posts
damn i'm so jealous!!!!
keep posting photos and videos!
muscleflex is online now Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:06 PM
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
there is still no programming reference from robugtix

Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:13 PM
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvatts View Post
Could you please weigh the battery pack and report back?

I'd like to get some LSD nimh packs with a bit higher capacity but I don't want to increase the weight.

Also, did the package include a warranty statement?

Their blog post indicates the warranty is void if you use other battery chemistries but I didn't find any details of a warranty on their site.

http://blog.robugtix.com/?p=57
the pack weighs 100g

As long as you do not provide more voltage than the stock battery you will be fine. Also make sure your pack can supply the current that the bug needs to work properly. As I am sure you know, you should not charge custom packs with the supplied charger through the bug.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 04:35 AM
FPV noob
Australia, NSW, Bywong
Joined Oct 2011
57 Posts
Quote:
there is still no programming reference from robugtix

Yeah, they're moving pretty slow. I still haven't heard anything back from them about shipping my bot since the email I got the other week...