SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
United States, OK, Goldsby
Joined Jul 2012
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashsys View Post
I am looking for nice receiver for my 250 quad I am building. So far I have eye on orangerx r615x and walkera rx601 .
Which works best out of these two? I use Devo 10 with deviation 4.01
Also i heard rx601 can't do cppm. what does that mean??
I would recommend going with the newer r620x. That gets you telemetry for flight battery voltage and flightlog data, both of which are nice to have. It's cheaper than an r615x and a telemetry module. No rx battery voltage, but a 250 quad probably doesn't have one of those.

Since CPPM gets you all your channels on one pin, you aren't limited to the number of pins for your channel count. While the r615X is 6 channels either way, the r620X is 12 channels. It also comes in an SBUS version (like CPPM, but a different wire protocol). Make sure you get the one your flight controller and any other devices can speak.

Similarly, you can go down a step, and get a r415X. No telemetry, but it has 6 channels in CPPM mode.
Mike Meyer is online now Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2015, 01:46 AM
Find More Posts by fredskidoo
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2015
1 Posts
50 more and its a go ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
I've started a teespring campaign to sell DeviationTx T-shirts. So if you're modding your Devo Tx and want to show it off, you might check it out.

For those not familiar with teespring, or crowdfunding in general, the way this works is that they take your payment information when you place the order. If the minimal sales goal is met by the end of the campaign, then they charge you and start printing and shipping shirts. If that goal isn't met, then they just throw everything out, and you are not charged.

Not that thiks is basically a non-profit campaign to see how much interest there is in such things. I set the prices as low as I could and still be in line with teespring policies regarding pricing, and will make at most US$ 0.01 per shirt, if that. I'd donate the money to PB if he took such.
50 more and its a go ....
fredskidoo is offline Find More Posts by fredskidoo
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:34 PM
Find More Posts by DoubleQuad
CX-10; X5C-1; Tarantula X6
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Tauranga
Joined May 2015
278 Posts
Devo 7r parts source?

My apologies for jumping in on this thread, but i figured that if anyone knew, it would be you guys...

I recently bricked my 7e after a failed range mod and then a failed 8s upgrade mod.

I'm currently flying with a Turnigy FS-i6 which is a nice transmitter.

I'm going to embark on another build soon and am keen to use the Devo, but will need to replace the main board.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a parts supplier for the 7e?

Thanks.
DoubleQuad is offline Find More Posts by DoubleQuad
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by husq510
Joined Jul 2015
52 Posts
Hello Everyone, is it possible to load 0.5A firmware into a devo7 with 10mw firmware, in order to obtain 100mw ?
husq510 is online now Find More Posts by husq510
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by goebish
I Void Warranties
France, Aquitaine, Bordeaux
Joined Feb 2010
2,404 Posts
No, you've to hard mod to gain more transmit power:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2013/04/wal...ase-range-mod/

edit: sorry, this is for the 7e, no idea for the 7 ...
goebish is online now Find More Posts by goebish
Last edited by goebish; Yesterday at 07:29 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM
Find More Posts by husq510
Joined Jul 2015
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish View Post
No, you've to hard mod to gain more transmit power:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2013/04/wal...ase-range-mod/

edit: sorry, this is for the 7e, no idea for the 7 ...
no problem, I saw someone already patch the 0.5A for devo10 to run into a 10mw devo10, im just wondering if someone already did for devo7 as well.
husq510 is online now Find More Posts by husq510
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Find More Posts by FDR_
Joined May 2011
671 Posts
Actually it wasn't me, but you can find some useful information in this thread here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=548
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_