Old Aug 07, 2015, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by minirotor
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPPforFUN View Post
Hi Stefaan,

can you upload your scenery-pictures, maybe in lower resolution, for a test-stitching?

Best regards

Harald
---------------------------------------------------------

Hello Harald.

Good to see you on line again.

Thanks

M
minirotor is offline Find More Posts by minirotor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2015, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by lcsaba
Joined Jun 2007
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
Heres a few here;
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/HP_szim_EN.htm

There is research going on to get a suitable DS scenery program--but will be a few months yet before available in Phoenix.
RealFlight already have DS scenery which works pretty good.

I have something to say here:
1. Those flying sites which was made in cooperation with some of you, and not presented at the referred URL : HP_szim_EN.htm
can be downloaded from my link, because I was too lazy to add those to the szim_EN page
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba

2. I agree with you because I was adviced to do so, you said:
"As DSing is a fairly extreme for small group of people as they preferr to go out and do it for 'real"
I guess if a simulator is for practicing such maneuvers, which are dangerous in real life like aerobatics, DS -ing, DS is an important feature to be provided by Phoenix.
This is why we are pushing Phoenix to solve this problem.
I can report that there is a hope now, and "better late than never".

3. My first DS flying site if the required tool is provided, will be a hill near Budapest, called "Szekrényes".
The sloap soaring version can be downloaded.
At present as DS feture is not available, only in front of the ridge on the "west" side can do slope soaring.
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Szekrényes.zip
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Old Aug 08, 2015, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by minirotor
QLD Australia
Joined Oct 2009
450 Posts
2. I agree with you because I was adviced to do so, you said:
"As DSing is a fairly extreme for small group of people as they preferr to go out and do it for 'real"
I guess if a simulator is for practicing such maneuvers, which are dangerous in real life like aerobatics, DS -ing, DS is an important feature to be provided by Phoenix.
This is why we are pushing Phoenix to solve this problem.
UnQuote.

The main 'danger' with DSing is the wind[direction and strength] conditions.
As to what effects that has on a 'particular' ridge location where you are exactly[even a bit furthur along the ridge will/may have different dangers/traps for new players].

To have a really usefull sim scenery to practize for experienced pilots, we would need 4-5 versions of the same ridge[preferribly our own ridge with its own obsticles] with 'different' wind directions and strengths.
Then add local inputs as to where on the ridge the bad danger/turbelance[suckdown] is for each situation.

But it will still be very good to have common good DS sites that work pretty close to real for Phoenix.
To give everybody[who are not into DSing-yet/or just starting out] a feel for circle work[as we call it here]
And to get practize of the principle of doing it.

BUT-when they finially do go to a real DS site[for the first time], they should still seek local knowledge about the pros and cons of each site in 'different' wind directions and strengths[rather than find out for yourself the bad areas-which usually end in a expensive crash/repair job--as most will be flying glass gliders]
The same as applies for fullsize Hanglider sites.

Even people who go to front soaring sites[partically first time slope flyers], should seek local knowledge about the effects of 'different' wind strengths and directions at that 'particular' location[unless you are[or think you are] a big dog flyer]
But I've seen even them come unstuck[from lack of local knowledge]when first flying on a new site for them.

M

M
minirotor is offline Find More Posts by minirotor
Last edited by minirotor; Aug 08, 2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2015, 02:31 AM
Find More Posts by lcsaba
Joined Jun 2007
108 Posts
I agree with you, although I am not going to do DSing in real life.
First thing is to wait for the new wind management facility of Phoenix.

If ready we will see what can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
The main 'danger' with DSing is the wind[direction and strength] conditions.
As to what effects that has on a 'particular' ridge location where you are exactly[even a bit furthur along the ridge will/may have different dangers/traps for new players].

To have a really usefull sim scenery to practize for experienced pilots, we would need 4-5 versions of the same ridge[preferribly our own ridge with its own obsticles] with 'different' wind directions and strengths.
Then add local inputs as to where on the ridge the bad danger/turbelance[suckdown] is for each situation.

But it will still be very good to have common good DS sites that work pretty close to real for Phoenix.
To give everybody[who are not into DSing-yet/or just starting out] a feel for circle work[as we call it here]
And to get practize of the principle of doing it.
As to Szekrényes this is a site where Hungarian gliding was born. The concrete platform was the start position of gliders, about 90 years ago.

This hill is the site where gliders are sloap soaring on the west side, (the airfield can be seen) and DSing of models now.

See this:

B... meg ez nem is olyan bonyolult. (By Dasco) (1 min 12 sec)

(((B... equals with your three letter word: F)))
The text: "it is not difficult at all."

I have no idea how hungarian pilots will use my Szekrényes _DS if ready, because the real pilots are hating simulators, and I woder if simulator user are going to practice this type of flying.

May be I can help you to finde and elaborate the best practice course.
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba