SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 30, 2015, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by clrd4appr
United States
Joined Feb 2013
414 Posts
I power the DOSD via the current sensor using jumper pin across BAT and J1. If I read your question correctly - you mention powering the camera and VTX off the DOSD. The DOSD does not provide any video/VTX power. Everyone has their method and I power my VTX and camera off battery connector prior to current sensor. I am not concerned and the amount of consumption these use. Good wiring and ferrite rings work great for me. If you are not into making the video in/out harness to the DOSD. ReadyMadeRC sells a handy harness for this purpose. Regarding LC filter placement mine is between current sensor and battery connector. Hope this helps.
clrd4appr is online now Find More Posts by clrd4appr
Last edited by clrd4appr; Aug 30, 2015 at 09:50 PM. Reason: ˈvərbē-ij
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2015, 12:32 AM
Find More Posts by Ivan Machi
Cessna Grand Caravan
Mexico, SON, Ciudad Obregón
Joined Jul 2010
119 Posts
Hi Van, do you know if this IMU would work with DOSD+? is the same as IMU V2?

https://store.3drobotics.com/product...v3?taxon_id=34

Ivan Machi
Ivan Machi is offline Find More Posts by Ivan Machi
Old Sep 01, 2015, 01:19 AM
Find More Posts by VF-Alpha
Fly Hard or Fly Home!!!
United States, CA, West Sacramento
Joined Jul 2007
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Machi View Post
Hi Van, do you know if this IMU would work with DOSD+? is the same as IMU V2?

https://store.3drobotics.com/product...v3?taxon_id=34

Ivan Machi
No it doesnt work, at least not out of the box, there are a few coders that have gotten it to work, I tried but failed. after asking on youtube with no reply after months I gave up and just used the FY-30A
VF-Alpha is offline Find More Posts by VF-Alpha
Old Sep 01, 2015, 01:31 AM
Find More Posts by Ivan Machi
Cessna Grand Caravan
Mexico, SON, Ciudad Obregón
Joined Jul 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Alpha View Post
No it doesnt work, at least not out of the box, there are a few coders that have gotten it to work, I tried but failed. after asking on youtube with no reply after months I gave up and just used the FY-30A
Ok, I'll search info about FY-30A...

I'll be asking if you don't mind

Thanks

Ivan Machi
Ivan Machi is offline Find More Posts by Ivan Machi
Old Sep 01, 2015, 05:55 AM
Find More Posts by mactek
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrd4appr View Post
I power the DOSD via the current sensor using jumper pin across BAT and J1. If I read your question correctly - you mention powering the camera and VTX off the DOSD. The DOSD does not provide any video/VTX power. Everyone has their method and I power my VTX and camera off battery connector prior to current sensor. I am not concerned and the amount of consumption these use. Good wiring and ferrite rings work great for me. If you are not into making the video in/out harness to the DOSD. ReadyMadeRC sells a handy harness for this purpose. Regarding LC filter placement mine is between current sensor and battery connector. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. So if i understand you correctly you are putting an lc filter between the current sensor and the DOSD and ferrite rings on wires powering camera and VTX.
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Sep 01, 2015, 08:46 PM
United States
Joined Feb 2013
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
Thanks for your reply. So if i understand you correctly you are putting an lc filter between the current sensor and the DOSD and ferrite rings on wires powering camera and VTX.
The LC filter can be powered off the output of the current sensor leads going to the ESC or being minimal current consumption, you could use a pigtail connector at battery & current sensor connection.
Old Sep 01, 2015, 09:03 PM
United States
Joined Feb 2013
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Machi View Post
Ok, I'll search info about FY-30A...

I'll be asking if you don't mind

Thanks

Ivan Machi
There are several ways of getting stabilization. Ideally the FY-30A with an exlator but those can be hard to find. Another solution for stabilization could be the Bigaole or Guardian.....just something to think about.
Old Sep 01, 2015, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by VF-Alpha
Fly Hard or Fly Home!!!
United States, CA, West Sacramento
Joined Jul 2007
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrd4appr View Post
There are several ways of getting stabilization. Ideally the FY-30A with an exlator but those can be hard to find. Another solution for stabilization could be the Bigaole or Guardian.....just something to think about.
Any arduino pro mini can be used as an xlator. its just a matter of soldering up the wires to it and loading the code, While the xlator is slimmer and slightly lighter a few grams wont make a difference, and im talking maybe 3 grams tops. I have the code used for the xlator and I think I have the hookup guide too, if not i can make a schematic easily enough for it. the fy30A can be used after the dosd as well for stabilization that is how some are using it.
VF-Alpha is offline Find More Posts by VF-Alpha