SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2005, 02:14 AM
AllAloneInSpaceAndTime
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Apr 2003
2,389 Posts
3D setup on Futaba 6EXA...

Alrighty, here goes...

I'm just staring in 3D, and I'm having a difficult time setting up my Tx for 3D flight. I flew the plane for the first time today and flies nice. Needs a little tweaking though. (What plane doesn't?) I didn't use any mixing or anything on this flight, so it's in that department where all my issues are happening.

First off, I have elevator - flap mixing on, and as I pull up on the elevator, the 'flaps' come up, but only 1/2". I have it on +100% rate and this is all I get. Is there any way to program in more? Or is this all I need? How much difference in flight characteristic will I see? What should I expect from doing this? Tighter loops?

Second. My ailerons are moving the proper direction for right/left rolls, as well as for the flap mixing with the elevator. But when I turn my flap knob, the ailerons go up instead of down. I have 2 servos (obviously) and flaperon mixing on. But how do I get them to go the other way with the flap knob? I've tried swapping servo channels (and thus had to reverse both of them). But I'm still getting the same thing. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I wasn't really sure where to post these questions, so if there is a better place to do so, please let me know.

G'night all,

Corey
The Enemy is offline Find More Posts by The Enemy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2005, 09:47 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Jun 2005
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enemy

Second. My ailerons are moving the proper direction for right/left rolls, as well as for the flap mixing with the elevator. But when I turn my flap knob, the ailerons go up instead of down. I have 2 servos (obviously) and flaperon mixing on. But how do I get them to go the other way with the flap knob? I've tried swapping servo channels (and thus had to reverse both of them). But I'm still getting the same thing. What am I doing wrong here?
That's easy to fix. I had the same problem as well. Turn the knob until the flaps are all the way UP. Then reposition the control surfaces so they are flat or level with the wing. Now, when you turn the knob the opposite direction the flaps will go down.

As far as mixing is concerned (flaperon and elevon) I think the 6EXA does a poor job because of what you have noticed with the reduced control throws. So, I just gave up and use a Y-connector for the ailerons and just don't use the flap feature. It works real well this way.

Later
alpapilot is offline Find More Posts by alpapilot