Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 09, 2014, 08:39 AM
United States, MI, Fort Gratiot Township
Joined Apr 2011
41 Posts
Discussion
Rctimer APM 2.5.2 tip over-crash log

Originally posted in the APM thread with no response.

Would someone be willing to look at my crash log? I have just set up my new spider with apm 2.5.2 with the gps with compass. I have cut the trace and enabled it on Mission Planner. This is all new, a rebuild of my old spider style quad.

I have had several tip overs. I have gone thru everything several time. Including wiping the eeprom and complete setup.

I'm using DL V2 setup with one wire (newest DL formware)
Rctimer 2814 980 with 10x5 in and 11x4.5 props 11 in now because I broke the rest of my 10's

3s 4500 batt

rctimer simonk 20 amp.

It seems to just dive left and flip. I had the other gps setup orig without compass and flew the same.

It will fly well for a few minutes then dip hard left and flip or crash. I haven't taken it up high because of this behavior.

Hopefully i'm just missing something obvious. I considered switching back to running wires for each channel on the DL to the APM. That's how I had it before but I was trying for a cleaner install.

I have looked over the logs a few times and there is a lot going on and its a bit confusing. I have looked at the logs in cli and also from the hud where it can be viewed. In the latter it does indicate a failure with gps, but that I took that to mean not enough sats and a higher hdop. I didn't think that should effect flight in stabilize. At least it never has before.

Thanks for any help,

Scott
Mahskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Mahskeeter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2014, 11:02 AM
Joined Apr 2011
41 Posts
I have noticed that I had the taranis set to ch 1-8 with a timing setting I wasn't using before.

I changed it to 1-9 with shorter timing to match what a friend is using. I am wondering now if the pulse width was off and causing issues. It was a problem before.

I'm not sure how it got changed except maybe when I was setting it up for one wire receiver I might have changed something.

I am 3d printing a gps mount that broke and hope to try it again soon.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 03:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
41 Posts
UPDATE: Just tried it again. Same problem. I seem to be getting a gps fail, but will that effect the quad just in stabilize?n It also seems to ref something with failsafe a gps, but to my knowledge none of this has been setup. Logs attached.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:18 AM
Joined Apr 2011
41 Posts
Bad speed control. Was brand new. Burned up mosfet. Apprently it was working for a minute then would quit. Finally it burned up the last time I started up the quad as soon as I plugged it in. Swapped out and all is well.
Closed Thread