HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:25 PM
United States, MD, Monrovia
Joined May 2013
18 Posts
Discussion
DX9 setup for Nano QX

Looked around for the answer and couldn't find anything, so once I figured this out, thought I'd share the answer.

Wanted to program my new DX9 for my various toys, one being the nano QX. I programmed SWA for high/low rates. Low rates are 70%, no expo, and high rates are 100%, -20% expo. Also, to get the modes working (stability/agility), here is what you do. Under Servo Setup, reverse Aux 1. Then under System Setup, go to Channel Assign, and go to Next. Then change 6 Aux 1 to I (letter i, not 1).

When you press the trainer/bind butter, the QX toggles between the default stability mode (blue LED) and agility mode (red LED), each time the button is pressed.

Hope this helps.
Triggerscan is offline Find More Posts by Triggerscan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:46 AM
Delton,Mi
Joined Jun 2009
127 Posts
newbe Whats SWA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerscan View Post
Looked around for the answer and couldn't find anything, so once I figured this out, thought I'd share the answer.

Wanted to program my new DX9 for my various toys, one being the nano QX. I programmed SWA for high/low rates. Low rates are 70%, no expo, and high rates are 100%, -20% expo. Also, to get the modes working (stability/agility), here is what you do. Under Servo Setup, reverse Aux 1. Then under System Setup, go to Channel Assign, and go to Next. Then change 6 Aux 1 to I (letter i, not 1).

When you press the trainer/bind butter, the QX toggles between the default stability mode (blue LED) and agility mode (red LED), each time the button is pressed.

Hope this helps.

I am a newbe. Whats SWA?
Speeddaddy is offline Find More Posts by Speeddaddy
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:58 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,217 Posts
Switch A possibly
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:02 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,217 Posts
Since the DX9 shares all the programming of the DX18 including spm files you could of easily followed the instructions provided in the manual of the NanoQX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page#13 NanoQX Manual
DX18/9 - Acro
Trainer/Bind - In Channel Assign, Menu Go to Next: Set 6 AUX1: to I

ELEV-AIL D/R Rev 100% 70%
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 14, 2013, 05:38 AM
Delton,Mi
Joined Jun 2009
127 Posts
Thanks everybody, this is a good start
Speeddaddy is offline Find More Posts by Speeddaddy
Old Jan 16, 2014, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2014
2 Posts
Does anyone know of a detailed guide for a newbie to understand the various settings and how they interrelate? I have a Blade Nano QX with DX9 and am using a RealFlight RF7 Simulator and my DX9. Thanks for any help!
Michael127 is offline Find More Posts by Michael127
Old Feb 07, 2014, 04:01 AM
RC Flyer
Norway, Oppland, Ostre Toten
Joined Jan 2014
30 Posts
Channel assignments

Since I was looking all over for the channel assignments and ended up doing trial and error.
CH1: Throttle
CH2: Aileron
CH3: Elevator
CH4: Rudder
CH6: Mode switch (toggle to change mode, I use the trainer switch.)

As far as I have seen CH5 is unused, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
okolloen is offline Find More Posts by okolloen
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:15 PM
Joined Feb 2014
4 Posts
nano

sorry if i seem stupid but how do you set dr to 100/70 they change together on my dx9
davebelton is offline Find More Posts by davebelton
Old Feb 20, 2014, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2014
4 Posts
dr/expo

from a kind member

"The Defaut is set to Switch: On so here you can assign various available switch for your rates, 2 position switch = Dual Rates / 3 position switch = Triple Rates.

You can select different switches for each control or assign the same switch for all 3.

The two sets of values (100% 100%) for for each direction of stick input. When you click to adjust you will see you can adjust both but if you move the stick to one direction you will be able to adjust one side at a time."
Old Mar 04, 2014, 08:48 PM
United States, CA, Redwood City
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
DX9 Setup for Nano QX (plus .SPM download)

Hi Everyone,

Attached is the .SPM file for my Nano QX running on my DX9.

To summarize, here are the major changes I've made (anything not specifically listed is default):

System Setup

Model Type: Airplane

Channel Assign: [Page 1]: 5 GEAR: Inhibit; 6 AUX1: Aux 1; 7 (AUX2) through 9 (AUX4): Inhibit >>> [Page 2]: 5 GEAR: Inhibit; 6 AUX1: I (as in the letter "i", which is also the Bind button); 7 (AUX2) through 9 (AUX4): Inhibit

Main Screen

Servo Setup > Travel: AIL, ELE, RUD: 125; everything else: 100

Servo Setup > Reverse: AX1: Reversed; everything else: normal (this, along with the Channel Assign selections above, is what fixes the problem where using the Bind button (i) will cause the Aileron and Elevator channels to stop working in agility mode).

D/R & Expo: Here, all channels (Aileron, Elevator, Rudder) are mapped to Switch B. I prefer to map everything to what I usually use at as the Flight Mode switch when flying helicopters. Position 0 is low rates, position 1 is a mid-rate and position 2 is full rates. I step up expo with the increase in aggressiveness.

For all channels, here are my D/R assignments: POS 0: 70%, POS 1: 85%, POS 2: 100%.

For all channels, here are my Expo assignments: POS 0: 10%, POS 1: 15%, POS 2: 20%.

These settings are very personal. What I love about them is that I can rocket around in position 1 (stability mode) with my right stick at the full extents without worrying about not having enough throttle to maintain altitude. Very cool.

Throttle Cut: Position -130%; Switch: Switch H; Delay: Inh

Timer: [Page 1] Mode: Count Down; Time: 7:00; Start: The. Stick; Over: 25%; One Time: Active >>> [Page 2] Timer Event Alerts: Every Minute (Down) Voice; 1 Minute: Inh; 30 Seconds: Inh; 10sec to 1sec: Tone; Expiration: Voice; Every Minute (Up): Inh >>> [Page 3] Timer Control Alerts: Timer Start: Tone; Timer Stop: Inh; Timer Reset: Tone.

Custom Voice Events (after adding new sound event): [1] Switch: Switch H; Pos 0: Silence: Pos 1: HOLD >>> [2] Switch: Switch B; Pos 0: NORMAL; Pos 1: Stunt 1; Pos 2: Stunt 2

Hopefully everyone finds this useful.

All the best,

Gilbert
gtangjr is offline Find More Posts by gtangjr
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:00 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2014
7 Posts
Thanks for the download. It files like a champ!
RickYetts is offline Find More Posts by RickYetts
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:17 PM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickYetts View Post
Thanks for the download. It files like a champ!
It's my pleasure, Rick. All the best!
Old May 01, 2014, 03:45 PM
Joined May 2014
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtangjr View Post
Hi Everyone,

Attached is the .SPM file for my Nano QX running on my DX9.

Hopefully everyone finds this useful.
Thank you for sharing this setup. I imported it to my radio and it works great!
El Heffe is offline Find More Posts by El Heffe
Old May 07, 2014, 09:03 AM
Joined Feb 2014
4 Posts
dx9 set up

top bloke works a treat thanks gilbert
Old May 07, 2014, 09:45 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Heffe View Post
Thank you for sharing this setup. I imported it to my radio and it works great!
I'm glad you like it!