Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Discussion
Help with Quadcopter build

Hello everyone!

I'm gonna build a quadcopter but i still have some doubts. The quadcopter weights about 1000g (estimation) and it has to lift an extra 500g payload. Total weight (1500g).

I was thinking of this configuration:
some questions:
  1. I'm gonna build the controller board myself, so i need to have some flexibility in programming the ESC. What ESC do you recommend good for flashing and reprogramming?
  2. Is 550mm of frame size good for a 10x4.5 propellers?
  3. 10x4.5 are a good choice for this motor, or should i choose bigger propellers?
  4. Final question: it will fly?
sup3rson1c is offline Find More Posts by sup3rson1c
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:23 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,022 Posts
Everything yes lol
I had the same setup. It should fly. But I got 30 ESCs. The HobbyKing F-30A are the best for flashing. I've sold plenty of those. The HobbyKing f-20A are the same too.
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:25 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,022 Posts
Buy a KK board at least. KK2 are nice. 3300 mah battery. 25C.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:02 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
rc-timer have 30a esc's flashed with SimonK http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...gcat=34&gtype= and i can't confirm this but they could/might be Turnigy Plush esc's rebranded as rc-timers? $12.50 with free delivery.

Anyway i made a thread when i built the Talon V2 - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1718162

You might find some tips or useful info in there hopefully and i'd highly recommend the Tupperware Onion containers to protect the FC, there a perfect fit with a few tweaks and very, very strong, there's photo's and info in the thread.

Enjoy.
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Thanks guys!
So probably i'll increase the ESC amp to 25 or 30 (probably the hobbyking f-30A )

CH33ZEBURG3R, thanks! Your thread and those videos, will be very helpful!

I have another question: What Rx/Tx equipment should i buy? i don't really understand to much about this material... I would like a cheap one..
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Oct 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH33ZEBURG3R View Post
...but they could/might be Turnigy Plush esc's rebranded as rc-timers?
Nope, can't flash the Plush's with SimonK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rson1c View Post
I have another question: What Rx/Tx equipment should i buy? i don't really understand to much about this material... I would like a cheap one..
If you need cheap then:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2_Mode_2_.html

Then you can upgrade to this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html

...if you haven't dumped the hobby.

EDIT: For the HK-T6A don't forget this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...USB_Cable.html
ElectroDie is offline Find More Posts by ElectroDie
Last edited by ElectroDie; Oct 24, 2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rson1c View Post
Thanks guys!
So probably i'll increase the ESC amp to 25 or 30 (probably the hobbyking f-30A )

CH33ZEBURG3R, thanks! Your thread and those videos, will be very helpful!

If you want a cheap one get the Turnigy 9x for $53, Mode 1 Throttle on Right and Mode 2 Throttle on left (user preference) the 9x is used by a lot of people and is recommended because its easy to upgrade the firmware, bringing it in-line with a $400 Tx.

I have one too but i haven't upgraded my firmware yet, but i have just ordered the Frysky receiver and DIY kit for it from HK as the stock rx that comes with it does not have Failsafe.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Thanks! Final question:

Does all parts come with wires, screws, etc? Or do i have to buy them apart?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,022 Posts
It really depends on the parts. Most motors come with mounting screws. Some motor have a separate accessories kit you need to buy per motor. Wiring you have to buy to extend motor and/or ESCs wires. Also you'll need to buy connectors and solder them. If you buy a kit, then most of those thing are included. But again it really depends on the kit or parts you'll order.

Most of the time you'll miss something anyways and have to wait for something to arrive for china and that sucks! So think it through.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
Look in my thread I list extra stuff that u will need, get more screws too, you'll need them.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH33ZEBURG3R View Post
Look in my thread I list extra stuff that u will need, get more screws too, you'll need them.
+1 on this!

Keep reading these forum.. Everyone has been through what you're going through