HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
United States, WV, Clay
Joined Sep 2012
3,050 Posts
Discussion
pole cat good for a 3rd plane?

have a champ and super cub lp. my landings and takeoffs are pretty solid. want something alil faster with more aerobactics . was looking at a t28 full size or a pole cat.
wedoitall is offline Find More Posts by wedoitall
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedoitall View Post
have a champ and super cub lp. my landings and takeoffs are pretty solid. want something alil faster with more aerobactics . was looking at a t28 full size or a pole cat.
The Polecat is an excellent flyer but probably not the best "first aileron" plane. Its very agile but tracks straight and it one of the easiest of the micros to fly inverted.

A full sized T-28 would be better for a first aileron plane, if you have a large flying field.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:08 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,497 Posts
I agree with what was said above me. A PC is just too slippery of a plane if it is your first four channel plane.......unless you like fixing your plane while you learning to fly it.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Pitts RC Plane Crash
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
16 Posts
I learned ailerons on a PC, crashed a LOT, never broke once…Just make sure you cut the throttle and fly over some descent grass and you will be fine. I LOVE the pc now!

I woudl say if you have a grass field you will be fine...just take the landing gear off!
mgivens is offline Find More Posts by mgivens